Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No mention. 4 targets. Announcers just noted a few times that Goff and Watkins hadnt hooked up yet. On one deep route, Watkins gave up on the route (where have we seen that before) and they commented on it.

Woods had some Nice grabs.

First throw was deep route. Open by a couple yards. Overthrow. So that's not true.

Awful effort on second one.

Maybe there is a middle ground here. Maybe Watkins isn't a bust....but he isn't a top 10 guy in the NFL either. What he is....is that he is actually a top 20 WR (in the 15-20 range)? Better than anything the Bills have now by a lot....and a guy who can occasionally have a big numbers game...but someone who is no-where near the talent of a AJ Green or Julio Jones. It just might be that the Bills would have loved to have him around...but the new staff saw in camp he was a very good, but not great WR who was asking for elite WR money and decided to move on.

Edited by mjd1001

Maybe there is a middle ground here. Maybe Watkins isn't a bust....but he isn't a top 10 guy in the NFL either. What is what he is....is that he is actually a top 20 WR (in the 15-20 range)? Better than anything the Bills have now by a lot....and a guy who can occasionally have a big numbers game...but someone who is no-where near the talent of a AJ Green or Julio Jones. It just might be that the Bills would have loved to have him around...but the new staff saw in camp he was a very good, but not great WR who was asking for elite WR money and decided to move on.

This is possible.

Maybe there is a middle ground here. Maybe Watkins isn't a bust....but he isn't a top 10 guy in the NFL either. What is what he is....is that he is actually a top 20 WR (in the 15-20 range)? Better than anything the Bills have now by a lot....and a guy who can occasionally have a big numbers game...but someone who is no-where near the talent of a AJ Green or Julio Jones. It just might be that the Bills would have loved to have him around...but the new staff saw in camp he was a very good, but not great WR who was asking for elite WR money and decided to move on.

I can't agree with top 20 WR now. Top 64, OK.

This is the most likely scenario. That he's a good receiver in this league that has the potential to put up some big games but is rather inconsistent. Assuming this is the case which in all honesty Sammy hasn't even lived up to this status as of yet, then trading him for a solid DB and 2nd round pick and not paying him the money that he would have been seeking would have turned out to be a good one.

I put out my idea because it seems like there are a lot of people around here who are sure he is elite...if not on the field..at least elite talent....thinking as soon as he is in a good offense, hes putting up 100 catch, 1500 yard seasons. My thought is he might be a max 70-80 catch, 1200 yard guy and that is it.

I'd put him in the 32-48 range

There are teams like the Bills where he'd be the #1 WR

There are teams like the Rams where he is the #3 WR

There are teams like the Steelers where he'd be competing for a roster spot

I'd put him in the 32-48 range

There are teams like the Bills where he'd be the #1 WR

There are teams like the Rams where he is the #3 WR

There are teams like the Steelers where he'd be competing for a roster spot

The steelers have 5-6 out of the top 32-48 receivers?

The steelers have 5-6 out of the top 32-48 receivers?

i guess i did trip over my rhetorical flourish, but you get the idea

Sammy's production thus far in the NFL has not been at an elite level and there are plenty of WRs out there who can perform at or above the level he has

You're never alone with a schizophrenic.

Having read several of your posts on PPP I will cede the fact that you are one of the resident experts on being wacko :wacko:

Yah he is just running around wide open waiting for someone that will throw him the ball. Poor Sammy.

:lol: poor kids gotta be fuming.

Goff doesn't even look at him.... No idea what is going on. The Bills however miss him big time!!!!

Most def. Hes better than anyone we have on the roster.mthats not saying much.

I've watched every Rams game, it's hard not to see that he becomes disinterested when he feels the ball isn't coming his way.

There was one play where he beat the DB, but kind of slowed down and Goff overthrew him. If he ran it 100%, he may have still been slightly overthrown but not as much as he was, would have been close. Sammy was so good at Clemson, but he touched the ball a ton. I hope he gets it together for his own sake.