dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No kidding? :lol:

Tyord Taylor hasn't accomplished as much as Big Ben. Bet you didn't know that. :rolleyes:

We aren't comparing the public meltdowns of Tyrod and Ben, or why a team may be willing to overlook one vs the other. Antonio Brown has proven enough as a player that he can get away with diva moments. Sammy hasn't.

If Tyrod were to be accused of rape in a public restroom and the Bills released him you wouldn't see me pointing to Big Ben as a reason why he should still be here.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

this guy gets it. This kind of clarity is only achieved with a healthy steak. Way to go :haha:

But seriously the narrative people cling to in order to hate the trade is laughable

For real, that was a laughable take.

I guess I give him credit for the self-awareness in that article, we'll see if it actually changes his personality.

That's a better take on things.

Uh, I think he was agreeing with my take. It's Boyst so I can never be 100% sure, but...

I don't think so, but you're right, you never know with Boyst. :lol:

A guy who hasn't accomplished much of anything?

How about an ulta talented WR, who has shown flashes of greatness but never really has been able to put it together.

Is that a fair description?

We aren't comparing the public meltdowns of Tyrod and Ben, or why a team may be willing to overlook one vs the other. Antonio Brown has proven enough as a player that he can get away with diva moments. Sammy hasn't.

If Tyrod were to be accused of rape in a public restroom and the Bills released him you wouldn't see me pointing to Big Ben as a reason why he should still be here.

Antonio Brown has received a helluva lot more opportunities to make plays in the Steelers' offense. It's a matter of opportunity in the offense a player performs in.

Uh, I think he was agreeing with my take. It's Boyst so I can never be 100% sure, but...

agreeing 103.2%

His self awareness now after the fact is ridiculous. And even if he does recognize it than it does not change that he hasn't changed. Many people see their own flaws but don't care to change them. I won't judge him on changing but maybe he has.

The bills got better without him, per his own former teammates. His former teammates who haven't reached out, tweeted a goodbye, mentioned him as an @sammywatkins Insta kinda nonsense. We haven't heard any player or coach say they miss him in any story.

I find that interesting.

agreeing 103.2%

His self awareness now after the fact is ridiculous. And even if he does recognize it than it does not change that he hasn't changed. Many people see their own flaws but don't care to change them. I won't judge him on changing but maybe he has.

The bills got better without him, per his own former teammates. His former teammates who haven't reached out, tweeted a goodbye, mentioned him as an @sammywatkins Insta kinda nonsense. We haven't heard any player or coach say they miss him in any story.

I find that interesting.

I dint find it interesting. I find it damning, telling, and a true indication of the person and he player he was here; regardless of the excuse laden posts that are posted here.

That's a better take on things.

I don't think so, but you're right, you never know with Boyst. :lol:

How about an ulta talented WR, who has shown flashes of greatness but never really has been able to put it together.

Is that a fair description?

Definitely fair.

Antonio Brown has received a helluva lot more opportunities to make plays in the Steelers' offense. It's a matter of opportunity in the offense a player performs in.

And now he's on a new team, which is 27th in the league in pass attempts. And he's the 4th most targeted player on that team.

And now he's on a new team, which is 27th in the league in pass attempts. And he's the 4th most targeted player on that team.

He's the new guy that's still getting acclimated and he's on the highest scoring team in the league after week four. We'll see what happens after the season progresses, but it seems as if he's not worried about it based on his interviews that I have seen.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

MMQB article on Watkins prior to the trade: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/08/03/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills-foot-surgery-contract-option

Last season was the most trying one for Watkins. He was determined not to be held back by the offseason foot surgery, so he was sprinting on the training-camp field just four months later. He played the first two regular-season games, but then was placed on short-term IR because of lingering soreness in the foot. It was only after Watkins returned in November, after an eight-game absence, that Lynn revealed to the media that the receiver was still dealing with a broken bone. He was limping through walk-throughs. He could only run a certain portion of the route tree. At one point, he was wearing linemen’s cleats to practice, desperate to find anything even slightly more comfortable.

Some around Watkins urged him to just go ahead and get the surgery, but he was determined to play out the season. The fact that he was still the best receiver on the team—in Week 16 against the Dolphins he racked up 154 receiving yards—masked the mental and physical strain.

“It was incredibly difficult,” Incognito says. “All through the offseason, there were lingering questions: Would he be ready for camp? He was battling that. Then we got into the season and the foot wasn’t where it needed to be. It was really a whole gamut of emotions. I felt—as a competitor, as a teammate, as a friend—frustrated for him. You see the frustration because he just wants to be out there with us. I think it speaks to the man that he is and what a great competitor he is because he could’ve just put it on the shelf in 2016. … But he went through the pain and he labored through just to be out there those last couple games.”

I dint find it interesting. I find it damning, telling, and a true indication of the person and he player he was here; regardless of the excuse laden posts that are posted here.

I don't find it damning at all. Plenty of NFL receivers have done / thought similar things. It's just the nature of the beast. Doesn't really mean a whole heck of a lot.

A coach like McDerma should have had no problem motivating and having a good relationship with the most talented player on the roster. He even commented how hard it was to part with a guy he had a good relationship with. beano must have been the driving force on that trade.

Cowboys do it w Dez B and Giants do it w OBJ, Steelers w Brown, Eagles w TO etc etc......

See the pattern? Mercurial crazy WR are tolerated. And Watkins was not even close to the type of turds those other guys are.

This is a very realistic assesment , unlike some of the hate filled drivel type opinions permeating this board. You'd think the guy's personality was that of a T.O clone. That was hardly the case. The Bills are not as good without Watkins. McBean ballwashing aside.

Context matters.

You betcha

and so it begins. The truth is coming out. Where are you, all? 26copypaste you're being paged

Calling it out of context is one thing. That the players even said they're more of a team now without someone who was more talented than they are is the key.

It doesn't however make them a better team.

A coach like McDerma should have had no problem motivating and having a good relationship with the most talented player on the roster. He even commented how hard it was to part with a guy he had a good relationship with. beano must have been the driving force on that trade.

Cowboys do it w Dez B and Giants do it w OBJ, Steelers w Brown, Eagles w TO etc etc......

See the pattern? Mercurial crazy WR are tolerated. And Watkins was not even close to the type of turds those other guys are.

He has a great relationship with Shady.

I don't find it damning at all. Plenty of NFL receivers have done / thought similar things. It's just the nature of the beast. Doesn't really mean a whole heck of a lot.

This is a very realistic assesment , unlike some of the hate filled drivel type opinions permeating this board. You'd think the guy's personality was that of a T.O clone. That was hardly the case. The Bills are not as good without Watkins. McBean ballwashing aside.

You betcha

It doesn't however make them a better team.

You didnt read what I typed or you didnt understand it.

I stated it was damning, telling, and a great indicator of the type of player, teammate, and person that not a single tear was shed by any of the players on the team in the way of a tweet, facebook, or any other indicator that sammy will be missed. Stop trying to re write history and instead actually read what was typed.

He's got the talent, it's a matter of putting it all together.

But at some point his production will have to finally match his talent level and the excuses of injuries, not getting the ball thrown to him, QB's fault, decoy etc etc will have to end.

I think if he wants to sort of money he envisioned himself receiving he will have to turn it around, don't you?

My point of course being he is 1-2 catches off pace through 4 weeks and was squarely on pace through 3

When I hear turn it around I think it's been terrible, not that he needs to marginally improve. For instance, a single td from midfield (something not out of the ordinary) would have had him on pace for 1100 yards 12 tds

through three he was on pace for very similar. There's going to be a little up and down in pacing early in the season with anybody-- that's why I don't think it's in "needs to turn the season around" territory. If he was 17 yards a game through the month you start talking like that

I still find it incredibly hilarious that even in the wake of all this coming out. The facts that Sammy himself called himself out for not being a team player and getting into it with coaches. Yet after all this, the facts that even he acknowledges, there are still idiots here that can't stop talking about him. That still can't get over him not being here anymore. Yes, I said idiots. You are all ridiculous if you still stand up for this scumbag.

That is all. No need to reply. I'm done talking about this piece of trash.

I still find it incredibly hilarious that even in the wake of all this coming out. The facts that Sammy himself called himself out for not being a team player and getting into it with coaches. Yet after all this, the facts that even he acknowledges, there are still idiots here that can't stop talking about him. That still can't get over him not being here anymore. Yes, I said idiots. You are all ridiculous if you still stand up for this scumbag.

Looooooove youuuuuuuuu

It's not about the Sammy.........it's about the young playmaker they gave away and can't replace in the passing game.

I know that's lost on you and probably because your history on TSW says that you are a narrow minded idiot..........but it's not personal.