Sammy watch

dave mcbride

A coach like McDerma should have had no problem motivating and having a good relationship with the most talented player on the roster. He even commented how hard it was to part with a guy he had a good relationship with. beano must have been the driving force on that trade.

Cowboys do it w Dez B and Giants do it w OBJ, Steelers w Brown, Eagles w TO etc etc......

See the pattern? Mercurial crazy WR are tolerated. And Watkins was not even close to the type of turds those other guys are.

And yet, Sammy isn't a single one of those players you mentioned.

Oh wait - his potential, right? :lol:

Did you see Antonio Brown go ape **** on the Steelers sidelines last week when he thought the ball should be coming his way more often?

At least he's an accomplished diva.

When Sammy actually accomplishes something in this league - consistently - then he can be "that" guy.

So that excuses it?

The comparison is to Sammy. Great WRs ARE diva's and ARE tolerated.

Sammy. Aint. That.

Of course star players get more latitude within reason. That's just the nature of the beast. A guy who hasn't accomplished much of anything? I think that's not an accurate measure of Watkins' contributions while with the Bills especially in his 1st two seasons.

It's accurate. Stop. I'm begging.

That's a better take on things.

I don't think so, but you're right, you never know with Boyst. :lol:

How about an ulta talented WR, who has shown flashes of greatness but never really has been able to put it together.

Is that a fair description?

Yes- fair

Antonio Brown has received a helluva lot more opportunities to make plays in the Steelers' offense. It's a matter of opportunity in the offense a player performs in.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Sammy actually accomplishes something in this league - consistently - then he can be "that" guy.

Sammy. Aint. That.

Yes- fair

I think you have managed to accurately sum up and dispell the Sammy is AB, Bryan,Jj peers thought. Get ready for an immature insult coming your way.

My point of course being he is 1-2 catches off pace through 4 weeks and was squarely on pace through 3

When I hear turn it around I think it's been terrible, not that he needs to marginally improve. For instance, a single td from midfield (something not out of the ordinary) would have had him on pace for 1100 yards 12 tds

through three he was on pace for very similar. There's going to be a little up and down in pacing early in the season with anybody-- that's why I don't think it's in "needs to turn the season around" territory. If he was 17 yards a game through the month you start talking like that

Alrighty.

Now let's massage his numbers to greatness. :lol::lol:

agreeing 103.2%

His self awareness now after the fact is ridiculous. And even if he does recognize it than it does not change that he hasn't changed. Many people see their own flaws but don't care to change them. I won't judge him on changing but maybe he has.

The bills got better without him, per his own former teammates. His former teammates who haven't reached out, tweeted a goodbye, mentioned him as an @sammywatkins Insta kinda nonsense. We haven't heard any player or coach say they miss him in any story.

I find that interesting.

There is this:

"I caught just a small part of the game, so I did see a catch or two that Sammy had," McDermott said. "I'm happy for him. I'm really happy for him. You develop relationship with guys. I'm happy for him. That said, I'm focused on our team. I'm happy for Sammy and the other guys that went on to have big nights last night."

Bills fans were pulling their hair out watching Watkins light it up in another uniform. McDermott feels their pain.

"Absolutely," McDermott said. "I get it. Believe me, I get it. That's hard to watch from a fan's perspective and at times from a coach's perspective.

There is this:

"I caught just a small part of the game, so I did see a catch or two that Sammy had," McDermott said. "I'm happy for him. I'm really happy for him. You develop relationship with guys. I'm happy for him. That said, I'm focused on our team. I'm happy for Sammy and the other guys that went on to have big nights last night."

Bills fans were pulling their hair out watching Watkins light it up in another uniform. McDermott feels their pain.

"Absolutely," McDermott said. "I get it. Believe me, I get it. That's hard to watch from a fan's perspective and at times from a coach's perspective.

Notice the perfectly placed at times at the end of his statement.

Sean has a vision shared with Brandon, that vision didnt include a player that at times flashes enough to make it hard to watch while paying him what he described as game changing money; thats how franchises get crippled cap wise. At times is hard to warrant the team to open up to pay him Top nfl wr money.

Edited by Bill_with_it

Sammy. Aint. That.

Yes- fair

Good that you could share your opinions and giggles. We'll see how prudent it was to trade away a 24 year old game breaking talent especially with the receiving corpse they are saddled with now.

Good that you could share your opinions and giggles. We'll see how prudent it was to trade away a 24 year old game breaking talent especially with the receiving corpse they are saddled with now.

Thanks - coming from a premiere giggler such as yourself, it really means something.

Get over Sammy. Trust me, it's not the end of the world.

Clever on that "corpse" thingy you did.

Really..... :rolleyes: ....clever.

Thanks - coming from a premiere giggler such as yourself, it really means something.

Dance away and I will no doubt trust your infinite wisdom.

You're arguing with a twitter bot. He doesn't do takes, he does copy paste.

GREAT idea for a board improvement.

SDS, can you please look into incorporating this into the other changes?

As soon as he incorporates Whaley and Russ Brandon memes so you can be gone.

Make that EJ references and gifs too.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Dance away and I will no doubt trust your infinite wisdom.

I knew you'd come around eventually.

And I am a dancer. I have to dance. :flirt:

As soon as he incorporates Whaley and Russ Brandon memes so you can be gone.

Make that EJ references and gifs too.

.....take me to your leader.... :lol: