Sammy watch

dave mcbride

Yeah, but it's 99.5% likely we have a new rookie starting QB next year. Wouldn't it have been nice to have him throwing to a guy like Watkins? Even at $13 million for that season who cares. We are not strapped to a large QB contract.

Yes it would (of course if healthy) but if this extra 2nd helps us get the franchise QB we need....well worth it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Injury issues aside, god he looked good last night. His talent is clearly above and beyond anything that we have which shouldn't be a surprise to anybody (that over the shoulder catch was ridiculous). I think people are automatically assuming that he's going to miss time, but he could very well be back next week with a newfound chemistry with Goff. A few more games like last night and the Julio Jones career arc talk will be back in full force.

Have to agree that letting your blue chip receiver go while simultaneously planning for your QB for the future is short sighted and a bit confusing. Maybe we'll get somebody as good as Sammy in 2019? Keep watching them wheels spin.

They better have talent surrounding this franchise QB to be or he'll be destined for failure.

Hopefully they do not have to trade up for their guy and can add 1 or 2 top 100 players at WR and TE.

Throwing to Matthews, Jones, Top 100 Rookie, Clay, O'Leary, Top 100 Rookie would not be bad.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

They better have talent surrounding this franchise QB to be or he'll be destined for failure.

I value your opinion, we just differ on some parts of this topic. You brought up good points.

I'm over this now.

Lets just hope we see life in our offense Sunday. I've been pretty negative on Tyrod but I actually think he bounces back this week...at least I hope so.

I value your opinion, we just differ on some parts of this topic. You brought up good points.

I'm over this now.

Lets just hope we see life in our offense Sunday. I've been pretty negative on Tyrod but I actually think he bounces back this week...at least I hope so.

Cheers! :beer:

Hopefully they do not have to trade up for their guy and can add 1 or 2 top 100 players at WR and TE.

Throwing to Matthews, Jones, Top 100 Rookie, Clay, O'Leary, Top 100 Rookie would not be bad.

Why top 100....have to do better than that....have 4 picks in 1st 2 rounds

I just said above I did not agree with the Sammy trade. I would have signed him for the one year extension and then seen what happened.

The hypocrisy of some around here just gets too much at times. Like now some are saying how smart the Rams were to bring in receivers like Sammy to help a young QB in Goff develop. Yet that is exactly, exactly, exactly what Whaley tried to do when he traded up to draft Sammy, to give a young QB in EJ a receiver to help him develop. When the Bills do that it's wrong, but when another team does that it's right. It just gets ridiculous.

This is a good post. I guess the only counter is the Rams gave up less to get Sammy than we did.

But the Bills might have saved the Rams' GM and Goff. Last year, they had Tavon Austin as their number 1. The mere presence of Sammy makes life easier for everyone on offense. The Rams have a young, talented team that I want to have.

This is a good post. I guess the only counter is the Rams gave up less to get Sammy than we did.

But the Bills might have saved the Rams' GM and Goff. Last year, they had Tavon Austin as their number 1. The mere presence of Sammy makes life easier for everyone on offense. The Rams have a young, talented team that I want to have.

But they gave up an incredible amount to get Goff, and then even more to get Sammy. Goff looked good last night but cost his team the game last week. Time will tell for all of this. I just think critiques should have some degree of consistency.

But they gave up an incredible amount to get Goff, and then even more to get Sammy. Goff looked good last night but cost his team the game last week. Time will tell for all of this. I just think critiques should have some degree of consistency.

Goff still has room for improvement but there's no doubt about the progress he's made with more to come only 10 games into his NFL career.

Goff still has room for improvement but there's no doubt about the progress he's made with more to come only 10 games into his NFL career.

We'll see. He looked good last night. Cost his team a game earlier. Last night Collinsworth talked about him backpedaling away from pressure and then making bad throws/decisions instead of steeping up into the pocket. We'll see how he does.

I am not the sort to say you make a judgment on a young QB after 10 games. I also am not the sort to say a team that is 1-1 on the year is a wreck and that they have no chance.