Dennison: Tyrod kept us in the game

SaviorPeterman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you 100%...poor game planning by the coaching staff. The defense gave us a chance to win, but the offense never made the changes necessary to make it happen. As much as I do not like Belicheck, he is a master of going into the locker room at halftime and making adjustments based on what he saw in the first half...not seeing it yet here.

Andy Reid is the same way. His teams come out of halftime looking way better. The Chiefs win a lot of close games and he is the difference maker.

Defense played to keep everything in front. Underneath stuff opened up.

Except on the last play of the game, the defense knew we were taking a shot and Zay was still open. Next time I bet we hit on that play. That's the cost of a new scheme and new players. We need plays like that earlier in the game. A lot more.

Dennison is absolutely right.

On a day where the OL was overwhelmed, McCoy looked old or hobbled and Tolbert and the WR corps played down to their modest abilities..........Tyrod was the only one on offense getting any work done.

He ran for 55 of their 69 yards rushing.......which is A LOT...... and ran or threw for ALL TEN of their first downs.

He had two nice competions to Holmes negated by penalty.........he made two excellent throws as he was being hit in the face by untouched blitzers......one a dime to Clay and the other a ball to Zay Jones on third down in the middle of the field that Jones usually catches.

And, of course, no turnovers against an aggressive, opportunistic D that was beating him up pretty good.

Like him or not.......it was one of Taylor's more efficient performances.

Give the man some playmaking talent at WR and efficient becomes effective........unfortunately, that ship has sailed for 2017 and everyone expecting Tyrod to be a lock to be out of here next year might find themselves getting a swift kick in the nads if Taylor keeps playing like that with the lack of talent they put around him.

Dreadful offensive performance by the team but Taylor played his assoff.

If Tyrod was good yesterday then Dennison is completely incompetent and should be fired now.

Because if you can only coordinate an offense to scoring 3 points on a day where your quarterback played well and you have generally the same personnel that has led the league in rushing the last two seasons, then you're not cut out for this.

That might be true.

Dennison is absolutely right.

On a day where the OL was overwhelmed, McCoy looked old or hobbled and Tolbert and the WR corps played down to their modest abilities..........Tyrod was the only one on offense getting any work done.

He ran for 55 of their 69 yards rushing.......which is A LOT...... and ran or threw for ALL TEN of their first downs.

He had two nice competions to Holmes negated by penalty.........he made two excellent throws as he was being hit in the face by untouched blitzers......one a dime to Clay and the other a ball to Zay Jones on third down in the middle of the field that Jones usually catches.

And, of course, no turnovers against an aggressive, opportunistic D that was beating him up pretty good.

Like him or not.......it was one of Taylor's more efficient performances.

Give the man some playmaking talent at WR and efficient becomes effective........unfortunately, that ship has sailed for 2017 and everyone expecting Tyrod to be a lock to be out of here next year might find themselves getting a swift kick in the nads if Taylor keeps playing like that with the lack of talent they put around him.

Dreadful offensive performance by the team but Taylor played his assoff.

BOOM! absolutely right

Tyrod's YPA was 5.0, Shaw...five point O.

Yet we are the whiners because we want a passing attack that isn't last in the league every year... :doh:

I want what you want, but the fact that we didn't get it yesterday doesn't mean that Tyrod was the problem.

He's gotten so that he can't even decide if he wants to run or not.

He jogs to a different spot, only to stand there and wait for someone to break wide open.

By the time he decides to run, 1/2 the D is around him and his run lanes have disappeared.

If he doesn't see what he can understand, I wish he'd just take off & run, like any running back should.

....it is hardly BREAKING news that this kid cannot process the entire field in time allotted, let's say <5 seconds, to find open receivers.......so if you stack the box with 8, you can negate the running game, cover RB's out of the backfield on short stuff and dare him to find an open TE or WR........seems to be pretty elementary to me........and the Denver defensive test is at or perhaps even better than the Panthers.....uh oh......

Got to agree with everything you've said in this thread.

Also, is Shaw serious? He's got to be kidding, right? Right?!

Unfortunately, he's not.

This is why I've taken issue with Shaw on occasion.

Good guy, knowledgeable guy...but he just whiffs sometimes due to his love for the Bills and his inability to see clearly.

Edited by Crusher

Good make him a RB

Your problem as a complete Tyrod hater going forward is that the coaches will greatly appreciate the effort that Taylor put into yesterday.........he was the only guy that won anything.......respect from a group of conservative coaches that will decide his future.

So far, he's off to a very good start playing Jauron Ball.

Unfortunately, he's not.

This is why I've taken issue with Shaw on occasion.

Good guy, knowledgeable guy...but he just whiffs sometimes due to his love for the Bills and his inability to see clearly.

I think many of us are guilty of that from time to time,

myself included...