Did the defense hurt the offense against Panthers?

HardyBoy

I don't think the OP is advocating that we give up more points or truly blame the defense.

I do think the OP is acknowledging that we played on a long field with a conservative gameplan and chose to lean on the defense.

Those are valid points, though it doesn't excuse 3 points scored. Even in that situation we have to score more.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost understand your point

Almost

When you figure out what this thread is about let me know Okay

9 points and the defense sucks?

WOW. Rotflmao 😂

Look in the prediction thread. Most have the Panthers well over 20 points.

Is this real life?

i thoguht this thread was a joke.

At this point aren't they all?

By not allowing points, it kept the offense in bad field position without the urgency to play less conservatively.

Hope the d plays like this every week, but could they have played a part in the offense's approach?

...is this a joke?

By not allowing points, it kept the offense in bad field position without the urgency to play less conservatively.

Hope the d plays like this every week, but could they have played a part in the offense's approach?

Most idiotic thread I've ever seen here and that says a lot.

God the thread quality has really deteriorated lately.

I don't think the OP is advocating that we give up more points or truly blame the defense.

I do think the OP is acknowledging that we played on a long field with a conservative gameplan and chose to lean on the defense.

Those are valid points, though it doesn't excuse 3 points scored. Even in that situation we have to score more.

Correct, I am not saying the defense sucked, I'm saying the offense was very conservative, and if the defense sucks, then it would have forced them to get more aggressive.

This essentially same offensive personnel finished in the top 10 last year in large part because they were aggressive and playing from behind/knew they couldn't stop anyone.

Correct, I am not saying the defense sucked, I'm saying the offense was very conservative, and if the defense sucks, then it would have forced them to get more aggressive.

This essentially same offensive personnel finished in the top 10 last year in large part because they were aggressive and playing from behind/knew they couldn't stop anyone.

Top 10 in rushing. Unfortunately no passing game or interest in passing .

Is that like when you hurt your playoff chances by winning games against the NFC? Sure glad the Bills dodged that bullet on Sunday. Edited by GunnerBill

• 2 weeks later...