Jerry Jones Impeding Contract Extension for Roger Goodell - Extension Officially Signed

26CornerBlitz

Today I read that a professional golfer was penalized 12 strokes for having tiny stickers attached to his club to measure his club speed, angle, etc. during a round. He accepted the (absurd) penalty without complaint and complimented the rules officials for doing their jobs.

Meanwhile in the NFL, players beat women, do drugs and cheat during games. When penalties are imposed they appeal to the Supreme Court if necessary to get them reduced or eliminated, and if the commissioner gets in the way or causes trouble, the Owners push to get him replaced.

Edited by vincec

Today I read that a professional golfer was penalized 12 strokes for having tiny stickers attached to his club to measure his club speed, angle, etc. during a round. He accepted the (absurd) penalty without complaint and complimented the rules officials for doing their jobs.

Meanwhile in the NFL, players beat women, do drugs and cheat during games. When penalties are imposed they appeal to the Supreme Court if necessary to get the reduced or eliminated, and if the commissioner gets in the way or causes trouble, the Owner push to get him replaced.

Yup

..........anybody interested in away game vs the North Korean Bombers in the future??.............

They will trade with the Colts to acquire Kim Jung QB

Meanwhile in the NFL, players beat women, do drugs and cheat during games. When penalties are imposed they appeal to the Supreme Court if necessary to get the reduced or eliminated, and if the commissioner gets in the way or causes trouble, the Owner push to get him replaced.

HA.

so basically when a new commissioner gets hired we should expect them to be "Yes men" to Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft

It is their league, they are the owners of 'Americas team' & 'Satans Team'...........

Jerrys a scumbag, hes just throwing a tantrum cause his new 'Boy Toy' running back is being punished for doing something bad and its going to hurt his team. He would be standing by Roger if this had been someone on any of the other league teams.

• 1 month later...

"You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it," said one owner on the call.

The NFL would need 24 owners to approve Goodell's ouster, and owners are skeptical that this can get accomplished. But one person involved in this week's conference call compared the NFL's current situation with Goodell to Major League Baseball's previous situation with Fay Vincent in September 1992, when baseball owners voted 18-9 to force him out, leaving Bud Selig to take over as the interim commissioner.

there is no escaping it for the NFL who has refused to pick any stance and let themselves be whored out to scauses

It's all to their own fault and brought them to a level where Papa John's can claim this. Two years ago anyone blaming the NFL for misfortune bwould be laughed at but today the NFL is in the corner. And !@#$ed

I will respect the !@#$ out of Jerry Jones (Who I despise, !@#$ the Cowboys) if Jones can get Goodell fired. Jones holds a lot of sway with the owners and if he can convince them Goodell has been terrible and shouldn't be the commissioner anymore then my respect for Jones will be tremendous. Hell even if Jerry Jones can just get some owners to question Goodell he will earn a lot of props.

I will respect the !@#$ out of Jerry Jones (Who I despise, !@#$ the Cowboys) if Jones can get Goodell fired. Jones holds a lot of sway with the owners and if he can convince them Goodell has been terrible and shouldn't be the commissioner anymore then my respect for Jones will be tremendous. Hell even if Jerry Jones can just get some owners to question Goodell he will earn a lot of props.

Why should Goodell be fired? The NFL has had nothing but unparalleled success and growth in revenue with him at the helm. Don't let Jerry Jones butt hurt get in the way. The fans who boo him at the draft are just dumb hillbillies.

"You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it," said one owner on the call.

The NFL would need 24 owners to approve Goodell's ouster, and owners are skeptical that this can get accomplished. But one person involved in this week's conference call compared the NFL's current situation with Goodell to Major League Baseball's previous situation with Fay Vincent in September 1992, when baseball owners voted 18-9 to force him out, leaving Bud Selig to take over as the interim commissioner.

I would love it if the NFL had a new commissioner. Goodell has bungled a lot of things. Goodell over exposed the product with the lame Thursday games and the London games. He !@#$ed up the Ray Rice situation and now isn't doing the best job with the anthem situation. Goodell also isn't effectively modernizing the game and utilizing technology effectively either. A new commissioner would allow the league a soft reset and allow new management to go forward in a much better direction.

I would love it if the NFL had a new commissioner. Goodell has bungled a lot of things. Goodell over exposed the product with the lame Thursday games and the London games. He !@#$ed up the Ray Rice situation and now isn't doing the best job with the anthem situation. Goodell also isn't effectively modernizing the game and utilizing technology effectively either. A new commissioner would allow the league a soft reset and allow new management to go forward in a much better direction.

You know how stupid you sound. Goodell only recommends changes, its the owners who actually vote on them. They're as much to blame as Goodell, for all of what you mentioned.

Goodell is a boob but jerry is an evil f***. He just wants to put in a more pliable puppet. Goodell has exercised a little too much independent thinking.

This^^^^^^^

Jerrah Jones wants a Yes Man who will do whatever he & the other top revenue clubs wants. Dont think for a second this is about the 🇺🇸. This is a power grab under the guise of Goodell being a poor executive, and really this is about crony billionaires wanting even more power. Jones can hide behind patriotism and pretend he is doing right by the league. We all know Jones true character, hes the guy who takes selfies in bathrooms with 20-something groupies despite being married to the same woman for over 50 years. Hes a lying sack of $hite and you all know it. As is Bob Kraft.

Bingo--totally agree. Those 2 are the absolute caricature of the greedy owner who will do anything to win, rules or fair play be d*mned, and then love to play the sanctimonious good guy. They're both beyond disgusting.....

Well you can take solace in knowing they are both old men and don't have a ton of productive years left.

Jones is 75; dude could go down with a heart attack tomorrow and no one would be surprised.

You know how stupid you sound. Goodell only recommends changes, its the owners who actually vote on them. They're as much to blame as Goodell, for all of what you mentioned.

Goodell directly handled the Ray Rice and Anthem situations poorly to say the least. And both of those mistakes have cost the league dearly in recent years and is resulting in a ratings dip. Decades of ratings growth and now the ratings slow down after two very bad PR disasters? Also the general overexposure of the product can be attributed to the recent ratings dip. Revenue is coming from newly inked TV deals that were made when the product was more popular. The NFL's product might not attract an insane price for its TV deals that expire over the next decade if ratings continue to disappoint.

They need to turn around the recent ratings slump quickly and the person to do that isn't the guy that made all the mistakes that got you into this mess.