Jerry Jones Impeding Contract Extension for Roger Goodell - Extension Officially Signed

26CornerBlitz

@AdamSchefter

Dallas owner Jerry Jones has slowed down, if not impeded, contract negotiations aimed at extension for Roger Goodell, per @mortreport and me

More on Cowboys owner Jerry Jones impeding Roger Goodell's contract negotiations: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20732623/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-impeding-roger-goodell-contract-negotiations

Jones is now being singled out by some owners and league executives as the reason Goodell does not have the contract extension that many expected to be in place before this season kicked off, per sources. Goodell's current deal as commissioner expires in 2019.

The increasingly edgy relationship between Jones and Goodell has sharpened to the point where Goodell's long-term future as NFL commissioner could come under fire, according to league sources.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@AdamSchefter

Dallas owner Jerry Jones has slowed down, if not impeded, contract negotiations aimed at extension for Roger Goodell, per @mortreport and me

More on Cowboys owner Jerry Jones impeding Roger Goodell's contract negotiations: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20732623/dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-impeding-roger-goodell-contract-negotiations

Well, well, well, well, well, well.

What goes round comes round, Rogah

I don't know whether or not Jerry Jones can spell "arbitrary" and "capricious" but I'm guessing he knows it when he sees it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

@AdamSchefter

.....wonder if Plastic Puss submitted his kid's name as Goodell's obvious replacement yet??...........

He will get the extension.

Even though he is at a dismal 28% approval rating, gets booed nonstop, and has helped take the game where many don't want to see it go; during his tenure the profits are up more than 50%. It has been quite awhile since the NFL cared about the fans, choosing the "we already have them hooked" philosophy, and clearly they were right, but the fact is that owners decide if he gets a re-up and their pockets are fatter than ever. Nevermind that viewership is down and the product on the field is slipping, they are making money.

Methinks this structure doesn't have long term staying power, but I have been wrong before....

Well, well, well, well, well, well.

What goes round comes round, Rogah

I don't know whether or not Jerry Jones can spell "arbitrary" and "capricious" but I'm guessing he knows it when he sees it.

The owners worked to get Goodell that power. Now he is mad it is being used in conjunction with a player on his team who beats up women? Are women beaters only supposed to be suspended if they aren't on the Cowboys? Cheaters only from small market teams?

....how do the other 31 let this POS nominate HIMSELF to a committee?...........

"Jones has interjected himself on to the NFL's six-man compensation committee, becoming the unofficial seventh member."

Because Owners are scared of Jones and Kraft. Dont want to piss those two off

I personally like The Commish not bending over for Kraft and Jones. There are 30 other teams in the league.

Bingo--totally agree. Those 2 are the absolute caricature of the greedy owner who will do anything to win, rules or fair play be d*mned, and then love to play the sanctimonious good guy. They're both beyond disgusting.....