Last time the Bills made you cry

Buffalo716

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day Jimbo retired.

I knew it was the end of the glory days.

And it was going to be a long time before the Bills got back to the top :(

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/01/sports/kelly-retires-from-the-bills-after-11-years.html

Read the article Thurman and Bruce shed a tear too..

I VCR'd it and still have the tape.

Probably the Music City Miracle. Also when I had to relive it when I saw the Bills play the Titans in Nashville.

I almost threw a brick through the TV I was so mad at those gutless Refs. :(

Edited by JMF2006

Wide right. My sophomore year in high school. Watching the game with my dad. Once they sent Norwood out for the kick I jumped off the couch and ran into my bedroom crying. Put my head under the pillow and waited to hear my dads reaction. Moments later I felt the house shake.

Did you guys think we should've kicked or went for a quick out to get 5 yards then kick it? Norwood was one of the worst kickers in the league outside of 42+. One of the best inside of 42. I didn't think there was a chance he'd hit from 47.

Says the man with the Muppet avatar...

Made me laugh

Watching the Four Falls with my daughter. She was born in 1995 and I've brought her up to be a Bills fan even though she's lived outside Indy her whole life. When the scene with the fans calling for Norwood came on I turned to her and told her that's why I'm so proud to say I'm from Buffalo. And we both lost it.

Watching the Four Falls with my daughter. She was born in 1995 and I've brought her up to be a Bills fan even though she's lived outside Indy her whole life. When the scene with the fans calling for Norwood came on I turned to her and told her that's why I'm so proud to say I'm from Buffalo. And we both lost it.

Beautiful moment

I cried when Ralph Wilson died.

He gave us the Bills, and I've spent more time bonding with some members of my family in that stadium than I have outside of it.

I also cried later that same year when they beat the Bears in Week 1...

You see, my mother (Who had passed a year earlier) did not care for Ralph. She was, however, an enormous fan of Fred Jackson.

In the first game played after Ralph's passing, the game-deciding play was Fred's 38-yard run where he gave Chris Conte the stiff arm of a lifetime.

It felt like my mother and Ralph worked together on that one.

Yes, it's dumb and irrational...but it happened.

Edited by thebandit27

We played...

But seriously Cry? Over football? If so then Don't watch the movie collateral damage. It'll destroy you

Again, you are not thinking on the same page . I'm not talking about crying over a loss, that's ridiculous and I have never done that.

I'm talking a Bills related moment which is very acceptable. If you went to the Bills rally after wide right, when they called for Norwood, everybody was shedding tears of sympathy

That's what this thread is about.

I cried when Ralph Wilson died.

He gave us the Bills, and I've spent more time bonding with some members of my family in that stadium than I have outside of it.

I also cried later that same year when they beat the Bears in Week 1...

You see, my mother (Who had passed a year earlier) did not care for Ralph. She was, however, an enormous fan of Fred Jackson.

In the first game played after Ralph's passing, the game-deciding play was Fred's 38-yard run where he gave Chris Conte the stiff arm of a lifetime.

It felt like my mother and Ralph worked together on that one.

Yes, it's dumb and irrational...but it happened.

I think I also teared up when, after the sale of the team, Wilson's trust revealed the fact that 2/3 of the money from the sale would go to fund initiatives in the cities of Buffalo and Detroit. For someone who was accused of a lot of things regarding his financial motivations during his lifetime, that to me said a lot about Mr. Wilson and his true motivations to have something that significant announced posthumously.