Last time the Bills made you cry

Buffalo716

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic thread, for me it was Rex Ryans first press conference. I fell for that hook line and sinker.

I think i did that day too. One in particular i remember is that '07 mnf game vs dallas. I wanted that one so bad. The crowd was electric and every bills fan deserved that one that night. The way we blew it was unbelievably brutal and i lost it.

No, I was fighting the urge to punch my wife's giant friend in the face. She wanted to come over and root "for the other guys". Maybe because I'm 6'1" and she was bigger than me, and they were the Giants! I was more angry than sad....

Just how big was he?

I don't remember ever crying over a Bills game, win or lose. But there are two times that do stand out:

1) I was 11 and my father got my mother and I tickets to the Bengals game in 1970. they were the most expensive tickets at the time - $7.00. We had them on the bulletin board in the kitchen for weeks and I would just stare at them. That seemed like an incredible amount of money then. The morning of the game, my father was having chest pains and decided he better not go to the game. He took me for a walk to break the news and I was devastated. Cried. A lot. Went to the game with my mother and sister (somebody had to use the ticket). OJ blew out his knee and the Bills got killed. I think I'm still scarred by that day!

2) AFC Championship game vs Raiders. Late in 4th Q and everyone in the stadium is going insane, knowing we were going to the Super Bowl for the first time. I remember looking up in the foggy sky, at the snow in the lights, and thinking about my Dad, who had passed in 1975. I definitely teared up - wasn't a full blown snot slurper, but it was pretty emotional.

Other than that, it's been mostly head shaking for the past 17 years.