25 years ago today, Bills and 49ers in 1st game w/o Punt

CanadianFan

One of the most fun games I ever witnessed in person. The 49ers fans were extremely smug in those days.

I watched some 49er games in San Fran. Smug indeed back in the day. And almost indifferent if the opponent wasn't a strong one. Some fans didn't even bother to get up on their feet and cheer when the team scored. Scoring was expected.

They'd go wild for a long Rice TD, of course, but if was a 1 yard plunge - boring!

They're far more humble now.

Edited by hondo in seattle

One of the most fun games I ever witnessed in person. The 49ers fans were extremely smug in those days.

So were Bills fans. With good reason, those were the two best offenses in the league & it wasn't close. That was one of the best games I have ever watched. Watched it with my dad. I remember Metz, stumbling for what seemed like a lifetime into the end zone on one of the pass plays. I miss those days.

Edited by Gordio

So were Bills fans. With good reason, those were the two best offenses in the league & it wasn't close. That was one of the best games I have ever watched. Watched it with my dad. I remember Metz, stumbling for what seemed like a lifetime into the end zone on one of the pass plays. I miss those days.

Cocky v. Smug. Minor but noticeable difference. I would say that smug is slightly more annoying. ;)

Saw this on the internet

I won a tape of that game in a raffle a long time ago and it is buried in a box somewhere in garage.

Must be cool to have good memories.

My memory of the Bills 49'rs was a 10-3 game that I consider the worst game I have ever seen.

Do you think it has anything to do with you being there? Don't blame yourself!