What's the stupidest thing you ever bought?

Royale with Cheese

https://hurrik9.com/

My dog looked at me as if to say "what do you expect me to do with this?"

LoL! Ah the grand plans we all have visions about!

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood and probably themselves will not be realized. Make big plans; aim high in hope and work, remembering that a noble, logical diagram once recorded will never die, but long after we are gone be a living thing, asserting itself with ever-growing insistency."

Okay, in this case Fido's

"You want me to chase and fetch what? Eff that noise!"

I feel your pain... Like getting my wife or children something for the household chores.

"You want us to use that how? Oh that gets cleaned? Saved?"

Unfortunately, the world is not a perfect place and missives like "A Message to Garcia" fall on many a deaf ear. Take solace in that your dog is just to damn smart, contemplative for that thing ;-) ;-)

/wallbash

Anyway, nice try... The Corps has a motto:

Essayons!

Take consolation in the notion that it's the thought that counts." Keep on trying my brother! Don't let it discourge you that you dog is his hip to his Master's game. Keep up the good work, stay focused and again to sum up what Daniel Burnham once said:

Make no small plans!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about $5,000 in surefire cat toys.

Red laser pointer is the greatest thing ever. They have run all over the halls and up the walls chasing it until they collapse in rightful exhaustion.

Hey... That brings up a good addition to this thread. Wife & children vetoing me and saying: "We think we should have 3 cats." How stupid is that. No mix in the 2 guinea pigs... Boy was that stooopid!

Those three beasties, fortunately one's on loan from the zoo to the Kid in College. Unfortunatey, I still have rights to it like the Chinese do the pandas.

LoL... Not the only one w/small fortune invested in the absurdity. Cat toys, stupidest things ever invented, but some revolutionized the industry. Then the advent of stuffing catnip into anything known possible and it adds brilliance to the absurdity!

Only thing better is when somebody can answer the eternal question:

"What do you do for a living?"

And answer with:

"I design and test cat toys."

Is there a more stupid, gratuitous job that is more fulfilling and rewarding combined with ease and simplicity. Oh... Wait... Nevermind. Eff those cats! :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

an oil-less deep fryer.

Was it that "infrared" propane-powered Big Easy oil-less Turkey Fryer? I have one as well. People swear by them, but I can never keep the outside of the bird from charring. So I would agree boyst, this is one of my stupidest purchases. Along with several die-cast 1/24th scale NASCAR cars.

about $5,000 in surefire cat toys.

Red laser pointer is the greatest thing ever. They have run all over the halls and up the walls chasing it until they collapse in rightful exhaustion.

ANY cat toy.

They'd invariably play with the box it came in.

ANY cat toy.

They'd invariably play with the box it came in.

not that little red dot, turns the laziest owner into the greatest by shining it against a wall while watching TV

geez Exiled, one cat is enough to give me royal what-for from dawn to midnight

not that little red dot, turns the laziest owner into the greatest by shining it against a wall while watching TV

Got me one of these. Cats AND the dog love it.

https://www.chewy.com/petsafe-frolicat-dart-interactive/dp/55756?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=PetSafe&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0ejNBRCYARIsACEBhDP0a43jZa-U3oCzoQkihi4xHLuD0dBzYdR__e59IqDPmjWgTkAEQigaAukNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Two came later as a "matching set"... "Bruthas from other Muthas"... As so I was sold... I was @ work when the deal went down.

But... One is on loan to College in Iowa City. Sending him to the finer schools, hope he isn't getting juiced in it! LoL... ie: With my son, in his apartment.

He's a "therapy cat"... The other one(s) send you to therapy! Then they prescribe the other. It's a vicious circle!

:-/ :-/

Stupid I know! ;-)

So I don't even have to do anything with the laser pointer, just watch TV?

Two came later as a "matching set"... "Bruthas from other Muthas"... As so I was sold... I was @ work when the deal went down.

But... One is on loan to College in Iowa City. Sending him to the finer schools, hope he isn't getting juiced in it! LoL... ie: With my son, in his apartment.

He's a "therapy cat"... The other one(s) send you to therapy! Then they prescribe the other. It's a vicious circle!

:-/ :-/

Stupid I know! ;-)

It's good fer what ails ya.

You have to get at least two cats. One, you feel obliged to pay attention to it. Two, they'll play with each other and leave you alone.

Moving companies won't touch it for the risk of breaking the slate (an 8' table generally comes in 3 pieces). We downsized a bit as both kids are gone now, so we really would struggle to fit a pool table in now. They take up HUGE space to have adequate room for comfortable play.

Chalk one up for the moving company, what a rack(et)!

Was it that "infrared" propane-powered Big Easy oil-less Turkey Fryer? I have one as well. People swear by them, but I can never keep the outside of the bird from charring. So I would agree boyst, this is one of my stupidest purchases. Along with several die-cast 1/24th scale NASCAR cars.

i bought one of them earlier this year, but its the next model up w/ smoker. I haven't put it together or tried it yet as I haven't had the time since partially finishing my deck.

I have the Char Broil Infrared BBQ and it great, never burn anything and food is always really juicy without doing anything to it before. One thing I did just realize/learn is that I used to use the high setting for cleaning to warm it up and burn anything off the grill, but I think it heats the plate (infrared) up too high and it's hard to get any heat lower then around 400 degrees to cook with. I think the plate heats up too much then even the lowest burner setting keeps it from getting cooler.

You have to get at least two cats. One, you feel obliged to pay attention to it. Two, they'll play with each other and leave you alone.

thats what happened to us, a friend recommended it because the first kitten was a jerk after we brought it home. Now he has the other to bug and play with. Hasnt seemed to work the same way with kids though......

A used 2001 Pontiac Aztek.

only worse would have been buying it new...