Bills Sign LB Jelani Jenkins and Release CB Greg Mabin

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Jenkins should (hopefully) be a nice fit in McD's defense and provide an upgrade in coverage. This could be a nice cheap impact signing (assuming they signed him cheap...).

This is an added benefit to having an early bye. Some of these players brought in the last week get time to assimulate and after the bye be productive on the active roster.

He was playing on an injured knee.

He has battled some injuries I will give you that but his play on the field just hasn't been good. I quite liked him coming out too but the fact is in the NFL he has been consistently overwhelmed against the run and has been inconsistent in coverage. He is a good blitzer but I don't get the sense that this defense is going to be sending blitzes on a regular basis. His best season was Philbin's last full season as Head Coach in Miami and if we got him for around vet minimum and he returns to that form he is decent depth but I still don't see him as a starter. If we get the Jenkins of the past couple of years he isn't even worth a spot on the roster.

Why not keep Mabin and release one of the thousands of DLs this team has. Seriously, dude worked his tail off in the preseason and showed flashes that he could be good. Instead, we release a healthy player and sign someone who is hurt. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I also feel McBeane is in my head. Literally, every player I like on the Bills they have gotten around to getting rid of recently, except McCoy.

Ever think they may know a little more about these players than you do?

....at least this gang is churning the roster 24/7 like Whaley did....Nix and his gang would now be in hibernation 'til April...........

Pete Carrol's first year in Seattle brought about, I believe, over 100 player transactions.