Shaq Lawson

Wayne Arnold

Get a room.

we have one reserved here at Hotel TBD

issues Arnold ?

:rolleyes:

the one thing I do like about them to your credit and what you're saying is his footwork. He seldom is in the wrong place with his footwork and balance it's just he doesn't have what it takes to be quick enough to get there. he relies upon his strength and his ability to effectively b an anchor

If he can do that, and he looks headed that way, i will be pleased.

Not much for the picked #. Just want a starter who can hold his own. His ceiling is truly yet to be defined though.

I see what most of us do maybe, but a bullrush and good foot and hand work could earn him respect . I am sure he will improve.

What do you think of his instincts and discipline though ?

General question for all

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your hypocrisy is stunning, and I think you need to review your recent postings before making the claim that you rely on real evidence for your views. You post good stuff every now and again, but your will to tear other posters down (using words like clueless, or to suggest that others get a clue, or that your views are somehow intellectually superior to those who have different takes than you), or to post animated gifs as barbs, or to have the audacity to claim that others are treating you badly -- are all evidence that you're just another dude, just like the rest of us, who posts on a message board.

Unlike BADOL I've actually provided real statistics and videos to support my statements in this thread. And I couldn't possibly care less what you think. I don't remember a single post from the poster 'NeckBeard'.

Unlike BADOL I've actually provided real statistics and videos to support my statements in this thread. And I couldn't possibly care less what you think. I don't remember a single post from the poster 'NeckBeard'.

Ha ha you think a single snap constitutes as evidence to make any kind of conclusion?

Lawson did have a nice rush, great push on contact and nice bend as you mentioned. Interesting it was from against a LT though. I give him points for that play for sure.

we can all expect Lawson to continue to improve, and the Kelsey comparison is questionable. Love Chris.

Perhaps more debate worthy is what kind of production would the Bills need from Shaq to honor the 5th year option. Does a solid edge setter get that kind of money in today's NFL?

He wasn't picked by McBeane so there is no blame to be placed for the selection. I'm more interested in seeing how/if they can turn him into a player worth keeping. He seems to have a better attitude that most the other guys that have been sent packing or soon will be.

Perhaps more debate worthy is what kind of production would the Bills need from Shaq to honor the 5th year option. Does a solid edge setter get that kind of money in today's NFL?

He wasn't picked by McBeane so there is no blame to be placed for the selection. I'm more interested in seeing how/if they can turn him into a player worth keeping. He seems to have a better attitude that most the other guys that have been sent packing or soon will be.

It will be more worthy of debate, when we get to his 3rd year or so.

Let's take what we can get for now.

He ain't no A. Maybin granted :thumbsup:

Yeah that's an important point.......your first round picks should be for the kind of talents you can't find or can't afford in FA.

Those are your $15M+ players........your cornerstones.

IMO you shouldn't use an early round pick on a player that you wouldn't pay market value to if they reach their ceiling.

Been too many of those over the past 17 years.

I thought they had kinda' turned the corner on this problem but Shaq and Ragnuts were a step back in the name of trying to patch hole with guys who had low ceilings but appeared to be ready to contribute right away.

Yeah that's an important point.......your first round picks should be for the kind of talents you can't find or can't afford in FA.

Those are your $15M+ players........your cornerstones.

IMO you shouldn't use an early round pick on a player that you wouldn't pay market value to if they reach their ceiling.

Been too many of those over the past 17 years.

I thought they had kinda' turned the corner on this problem but Shaq and Ragnuts were a step back in the name of trying to patch hole with guys who had low ceilings but appeared to be ready to contribute right away.

So if he is a 10 sack player by the end of the season while still providing excellent run support does your opinion change?

So if he is a 10 sack player by the end of the season while still providing excellent run support does your opinion change?

If he is a 10 sack player 2 of the next 3 seasons they will pick up the 5th year option. So then Badol's view would change because he is saying your 1st round picks sbould be guys you are willing to pay when the time comes.

If he is a 10 sack player 2 of the next 3 seasons they will pick up the 5th year option. So then Badol's view would change because he is saying your 1st round picks sbould be guys you are willing to pay when the time comes.

The NFL is constantly changing. I don't think this is always the case anymore. When teams are able to find starters deeper in the draft , a team can forgo overpaying.

How is that a changed view? That's the original view. You use your first round picks on high impact players in the passing game. The fact that they didn't do that with the Shaq selection makes it more likely that he will not be retained

Shaq was his normal self today.......no pass rush.......looked good on a couple plays where he was totally unblocked though. :lol:

Lot of excellent performances by Bills DL in the pass rush game but none were Shaq.

How is that a changed view? That's the original view. You use your first round picks on high impact players in the passing game. The fact that they didn't do that with the Shaq selection makes it more likely that he will not be retained

Shaq was his normal self today.......no pass rush.......looked good on a couple plays where he was totally unblocked though. :lol:

Lot of excellent performances by Bills DL in the pass rush game but none were Shaq.

what game were you watching?