Bills sign WR Malachi Dupree to PS, host WR Stephen Hill

YoloinOhio

The fact that Zay Jones can run aside, if you look at the average yards per pass in the league last week, the top starter had a yards per pass of just over 10 yards. I don't have a breakdown of every single pass thrown to every single WR last week, but I would love to see how many of the long gain passes were actually long throws requiring a "burner" to get downfield vs. shorter passes that then gained a lot of YAC (like Matthews did).

I think all this burner stuff is overblown.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@DraftDiamonds

Buffalo Bills are working out CB B.W. Webb from Sean McDermott's Alma Mater William & Mary as well

@RyanTalbotBills

Ryan Talbot Retweeted NFL Draft Diamonds

#Bills hosted B.W. Webb on a free agent visit back in early April.

We already have Joe Webb on the team. If we sign B.W., is that a sign that Webb is McDermott's version of Williams on this team?

Does he translate though? He has long legs and that's not good for his position. Easy to jam him because he has a longer stop and start.

One scouting report suggested he was good at beating press coverage off the line at the snap, and suggested he's a fit for a west coast offense. I don't know that he's really an upgrade over what the Bills have though. The problem is an upgrade may not be out there at this point. Generally, what you find out there on the free agent market are going to be scrubs in September.

This clearly indicates that Gaines is out a while

If so that's a big blow to this team. Gaines has actually looked good and PFF had him rated as the #1 DB after preseason was completed.

He has a shoulder bruise, he's not missing significant time for a bruise.

Here's some good info,

Dupre (6’3/196) spent three years in Baton Rouge before turning pro, starting the final two and finishing with a career 98-1,609-14 (16.4 YPR) receiving line. A top-two wideout recruit out of high school, Dupre’s college stats were torpedoed by horrific quarterback play in LSU’s run-first offense. Built like Justin Hunter but not as straight-line fast (4.52), Dupre is a long, lanky, developmental wideout with no clear calling card. Like Hunter, Dupre struggled on college tape with press-man coverage and contested catches, lacking a my-ball mentality. Dupre’s best NFL projection is probably in the Andre Holmes range.

Everybody who is saying you need killer speed to be a deep threat is way off.

Brandon Marshall Is a deep threat and he was never a burner.

Larry Fitz was a deep threat and he was never a burner.

Jordy Nelson is a deep threat and he isn't a crazy burner.

TO was a deep threat and he isn't exactly a burner.

Kearse , now on the jets was the Seahawks deep threat for the last few years and he isn't a burner.

It's all about breaking down the coverage and calling the shot at the right time. If you get Jordan Matthews in cover 0 or 1 and in press coverage, all he needs to do is beat the press and he is instantly running down the field wide open as a deep threat.

I've seen Jordan Matthews get open deep in the nfl so there is no reason he can't again... we also traded for a Kaelin Clay who can be a deep threat.

You don't need to be faster than your man, just better and smarter