Speculation Thread: Could They Be 5-3 at the Turn?

Carolina? Depends on how Cam and their O operates.

The Broncos could be a W,

Bungles looked bad but still the Bills went toe to toe the last 2 seasons W.

Jets again.... when does that team Buy Into the tank? I'll say W

Tampa in Buffalo - W

Raiders in Buffalo - W. Just keep passing the ball throughout the whole game.

Carolina? Depends on how Cam and their O operates.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand how Carolina is a likely loss. They were 6-10 last year in a weak division and their QB was significantly worse than Tyrod. And their home crowd does not exactly strike terror into the hearts of their opponents.

I think it's still very much a game, but just that CAR has a clear edge. They were in the Super Bowl two years ago after going 15-1. Their weak division produced the NFC Super Bowl team that almost won it all. Their QB has won OROTY and OPOTY. Their ILB has won DROTY and DPOTY. Their coach has won COTY twice. And, home crowd intensity aside, home field advantage is still a thing. They're a good team with a lot of talent. They also took care of their Week One "gimme" a bit more handily than we did. Vegas favors them, albeit slightly.

I think we can beat them. I just think they have a higher probability to win.

Beat the Jets,

Lose to Carolina,

find a way to Beat a good Broncos D at home,

Lose to the Falcons,

go on the road to Win against what appears to be a bad looking Bengals team,

find a way to Win a winnable game at home against the Bucs,

Lose to the Raiders,

then Beat the Jets again.

I know the second half is brutal, but it would be nice to still be in it at 5-3 at mid season.

I mean, seriously, we are not even talking upsets here.

I know the Bucs haven't played yet but I still think that they are going to be a top 10 team this year and might be in the same class as the Raiders in terms of QB/offense so it won't be an easy game.

One thing is for sure though this team needs to start being more dominant at home and yesterday's game should raise concern because the Jets kept it way too close for far to long.

If this team somehow manages to be 4-4 or 5-3 at the midway point it will be because they've stayed healthy and vastly overachieved.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Watch us beat the Panthers and Falcons, but lose to the Broncos and Bengals.

we match up much better to the Panthers and falcons then the Bengals and broncos. It depends which running game for Atlanta shows up and if they even try. If we make them pass it a lot it will be interesting.

The Panthers are not that good, they're not the same. Benjamin is a joke. Olsen is amazing. Newton is the worst QB in the league. And their defense just isn't the same. Seymour may be good down there but unlikely. Worley and Bradberry are zone cbs. We can knock them out of their zones when they stack the box and we are a fairly big team.

The broncos d is good, not great and their offense is capable. They will be successful in trial and error and find ways to get the job done. I don't know it's a win or lose game but it just is.

The Bengals will get better and we always matchup well with them and **** the bed from time to time. We are due to splatter the sheets

We want to lose to Carolina right? It will help our playoff tiebreaker.

that's for December when there are 12 threads outlining how if the Bills go 5-0 and 48 other games go their way then they might get a Wild Card spot.

I'm enjoying it....we have until Wednesday before worrying about the next game......

For real, losses suck around here. If we are indeed headed towards 5-7 wins can we at least enjoy all 5-7 of them?!

Edited by r00tabaga

Way too early to really get a good feel for how favorable the schedule is. I think that once you get to week 5 you can start to really get a good feel for how good or bad the rest of the schedule is. The Bills got an opening win that they desperately needed. Carolina won't be easy but if you can find a way to win this week I think you can start to feel much more optimistic about the season.

I've always followed these three simple rules as a Bills fan about a decade ago....

1.) Preseason means nothing.

2.) Speculating more than one game into the future is futile especially at the beginning of a season.

3.) Don't be convinced of a Bills win until 0:00 is left in the game.

If you follow these three simple rules you'll save yourself from emotional extremes that could be detrimental to your health.

Watch us beat the Panthers and Falcons, but lose to the Broncos and Bengals.

Perhaps Beane can get the tanking Bengals to give us AJ Green for the Rams second round pick after the game. Then I'd feel a whole lot better about this team. :thumbsup:

Liked what I saw yesterday but the lack of a big play WR and the lack of depth are the same concerns that I had post-Sammy trade and during the offseason, respectively........so while I am thrilled to see the step-up play of guys like Humber and Poyer etc.. I am not counting any chickens before they hatch wrt this team.