Speculation Thread: Could They Be 5-3 at the Turn?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

based on yesterday, i think the tired old bromide is in play.. any given sunday.. the league is essentially watered down. watching highlights from yesterday from the various games, nothing stood out to me. i think , with this coaching staff, staying healthy.. who knows?

Horrible QB play stood out to me

NFC South to me is a BS division. I'm not saying the Bills go 4-0 but I will be more pissed than usual with any losses in those games. Anyways, no reason at all why they can't beat Panthers, Falcons, and Bucs if they show up. I think Raiders is the toughest game of the 1st.half.

Perhaps Beane can get the tanking Bengals to give us AJ Green for the Rams second round pick after the game. Then I'd feel a whole lot better about this team. :thumbsup:

Liked what I saw yesterday but the lack of a big play WR and the lack of depth are the same concerns that I had post-Sammy trade and during the offseason, respectively........so while I am thrilled to see the step-up play of guys like Humber and Poyer etc.. I am not counting any chickens before they hatch wrt this team.

Think that is a very fair place to be.

The AFC East has a tough schedule this year. You know who else besides the Bills plays that schedule? The Patriots.

The Pats have been so strong over so long that their poor drafting position is starting to catch up to them. They've had to go to expensive FAs to fill gaps, arguably overpaying for some of them. Gilmore is a decent CB but he's getting Richard Sherman money. Gillislee is a good RB and I wish he was still on the Bills, but he's getting way too much. The Pats' D looked horrible against KC, and it looks like Brady misses Edelman more than we expected.

I reserve the right to disavow this post in three months when the Pats win the SB again, but NE's fun and games have to end sooner or later. If the Bills DBs can get it together, I think the Bills sweep the Pats and Jets, split with the fish, and win the division at 10-6.

Horrible QB play stood out to me

If this means, horrible QB play across the league, then I'm in agreement. There were a lot of plays left on the field by most of the teams. Alex Smith looked great but that was against a Pats D on drugs or something.

If it means, for the Bills, I completely disagree. TT looked better than most -- very composed and in control. The interception was catchable by Clay, and for the most part he hit receivers, with most of his incompletions being well-executed throwaways. His running seems to be as elusive as ever, but he was running much less which is a good thing.

92 qbr..... hope this was sarcasm...TT was in top 3rd of league yesterday

I was replying to a post that said he watched other games and nothing stood out to him. I wasn't talking about Taylor but the rest of the league. There was some awful QB play