Speculation Thread: Could They Be 5-3 at the Turn?

Beat the Jets,

Lose to Carolina,

find a way to Beat a good Broncos D at home,

Lose to the Falcons,

go on the road to Win against what appears to be a bad looking Bengals team,

find a way to Win a winnable game at home against the Bucs,

Lose to the Raiders,

then Beat the Jets again.

I know the second half is brutal, but it would be nice to still be in it at 5-3 at mid season.

I mean, seriously, we are not even talking upsets here.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they could be 6-2. I agree that the Denver game is winnable and I think after tonight everyone will be saying that and so is next week. That game is huge now for us. Find a way to come out of Carolina with a W and I think this starts to look like a team with a shot to be the right side of .500. You have seen before that a new HC can nick a couple of unexpected wins and then a tea gets rolling.... it happened to the Dolphins last year.

Realistically I see them about 4-4 at halfway but who knows?

Edited by GunnerBill

CAR will likely be a loss, but their offense and Newton specifically looked rusty. Never know.

DEN will be tough, but at home and they don't have much in the way of a QB. Good scouting for tonight.

ATL looked anything but unbeatable versus CHI, so again we could pull it off. NFC South familiarity for McDermott.

CIN looks very beatable. Shut out by so-so BAL team at home.

2-2 is not out of the question and is a realistic outcome for the next 4.

I think they could be 6-2. I agree that the Denver game is winnable and I think after tonight everyone will be saying that and so is next week. That game is huge now for us. Find a way to come out of Carolina with a W and I think this starts to look like a team with a shot to be the right side of .500. You have seen before that a new HC can nick a couple of unexpected wins and then a tea gets rolling.... it happened to the Dolphins last year.

Realistically I see them about 4-4 at halfway but who knows?

Funny thing I believe it is like that one site said this off season: the key maybe week five in Cincinnati. Lose that one and staying the course in the other games really just makes us an average team. However, CIncy's poor showing in week one was almost as encouraging to me for the Bills as starting 1-0.

It's possible. anything from 1-5 to 6-0 is possible. Every team has its things to work on. Look at Atlanta, barely squeaked by against what is supposed to be a terrible Bears team. The Jags took the Texans to the woodshed.

Just play the next one and see what happens.

Yes, both were quite surprising. Ya know this is ridiculous and frustrating looking at that division. Regardless of this thread I have no delusions about the Bills. However, in the AFC South one or two wins in a row will make you the class of that division, put you in the drivers seat, and you get praise heaped upon you by the networks.

...I hate the Patriots.

I would take 5-3 in a heartbeat.

Hard to believe the Bengals are as bad as they were yesterday, that I had as a Bills loss, now i think it is winnable. And Cam Newton was shaky, i think that game is winnable as well.

I dont think we beat the Bucs.

EDIT: We do play the Bucs after our bye.

Side Note: I believe this will be only the third regular season game the Bucs have played in Buffalo in their 42 year history.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Hard to believe the Bengals are as bad as they were yesterday, that I had as a Bills loss, now i think it is winnable.

I think it is hard to believe given their losses on the o-line and the d-line that they will be better than the 6-9-1 team that they were last year that lost to a Bills team still without Watkins and with Tyrod playing his worst game of his time here.

Cincy should be one of the games people are most confident about the Bills winning.

We just squeaked out a win at home against the worst team in the NFL who is obviously tanking. We are going 2-6 or 3-5 if we upset the Bucs. MickyD looks like he is the real deal as a HC and I like our OC and D.C. This is the best coaching staff that we have had in a long long long long time. I'm excited for next season with a good FA and good draft we could make a playoff push.

Way too early for this sort of speculation. The first game is more like the 5th exhibition game as teams play a full game as a unit for the first time. Still, if the Bills we saw yesterday play the Bengals, Raiders, Panthers, etc. we saw yesterday, there's no reason they can't win them all. They likely won't but none of those teams looked anywhere near unbeatable and that includes the Raiders.

CAR will likely be a loss, but their offense and Newton specifically looked rusty.

i don't understand how Carolina is a likely loss. They were 6-10 last year in a weak division and their QB was significantly worse than Tyrod. And their home crowd does not exactly strike terror into the hearts of their opponents.

It's possible. anything from 1-5 to 6-0 is possible. Every team has its things to work on. Look at Atlanta, barely squeaked by against what is supposed to be a terrible Bears team. The Jags took the Texans to the woodshed.

Just play the next one and see what happens.

*It was a 5th preseason game, nothing to take from it to apply when the Bills face a real opponent that cares.

But all you have to do is win and they did.