• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was doubled well over half of the snaps he played

He didn't make a single impact play though he held his ground for the most part

Neither did Hughes

Shaq had a fewa nd KW had a few

Overall quite a good effort against the run so the DL must have done an adequate job

I was expecting more from Dareus but he didn't play poorly

When was the last time Jerrah had a sack?

I agree with the OP, I watched him closely all day. He had a couple of good penetrations, and was doubled quite a bit on passing plays, but for 100 Million, you want to hear his name more often, I would assume..

Serious question: What does he do that Worthy, or Washington cannot? I liked me some big stuff BEFORE he got paid but ever since, he's just not showing enough to justify that contract, JMO.

Tim-

He basically moved as little as possible. He hung around the LOS all game. Had a couple chances to help finish off tackles but chose to wait and watch. Got pushed far off the goal line for McCown's QB sneak. It was really bad.

That goal line stand where McCown got the QB sneak, I was thinking man the Dline really got pushed backward, but other than that, I didn't think about the dline all that much.

There are indeed and it takes just one guy missing an assignment or not doing his job to ruin things. 12 points on 214 total yards and 11 first downs. Pick another day to B word and moan about Dareus.

Our offense last year put up a lot of yards and points.

Go Mills! Sign him to a long-term deal. Your logic is clearly undeniable.

That goal line stand where McCown got the QB sneak, I was thinking man the Dline really got pushed backward, but other than that, I didn't think about the dline all that much.

Agreed, very quite day. Which is good whether its versus the Jets or Patriots.

He basically moved as little as possible. He hung around the LOS all game. Had a couple chances to help finish off tackles but chose to wait and watch. Got pushed far off the goal line for McCown's QB sneak. It was really bad.

I watchrd the game and I agree. Both commentators including Gannon said they hadn't mentioned him all day which was unique

They. Played. The. Jets.

The. Jets. Played. The. Bills.

Who many on this board think will win 3 games. You cant have it both ways. The Bills cant be terrible and then destroy any other team in the NFL. For all intensive purposes the defense dominated this game and Marcell Darius, with all of his issues, played 90% of the snaps.

Edited by Bills Pimpin'

I didn't get to watch all of the game but I agree with the question regarding what does Marcel provide that Worthy or Washington cannot. It isn't about effort or whatever else people want to argue. This is a salary cap business. Much like MLB's WAR, what does his contract buy above a replacement level player?

Or, I mean we could all just chill and enjoy the win. You know instead of dwelling on negatives.

Too high to get over...to low to get under I suppose.

Can't have a win without someone bitching that the Bills did not win to their satisfaction.

lol he must have sucked being in the middle of the d line giving up 2 yards a rush.

Clearly Dareus sucks because the real key to beating the Jests is to ignore Matt Forte and sell out the defense to attack Josh "HoF" McCown.

In fact, fire the entire coaching staff for that piss poor winning strategy.

There are indeed and it takes just one guy missing an assignment or not doing his job to ruin things. 12 points on 214 total yards and 11 first downs. Pick another day to B word and moan about Dareus.

Yeah kind of like the goaline qb where it was clear marcell didnt do his job and it ruined things.

It looked to me like everyone was doing their assignments and everyone was playing the line tough.

I have no idea what game YOU were watching.

Thank you.

Yeah kind of like the goaline qb where it was clear marcell didnt do his job and it ruined things.

Kinda like the play when Kyle Williams missed the tackle on Ajayi vs the dolphins last year and we effectively got eliminated from the playoffs?

It's easy to cherry pick one play for every player. Don't be this dull.

Their entire game plan was to have quick hit routes with the ball out in under 1.5 sec. Hard to have any pressure that way. We were happy to give him that, no intermediate or long passes, and no running game. He ate up blockers, and as a def we gave up a little over 200yds. Not sure what you want from a DT.

Both the Center and Guard blocked him. Cut him now!

Did they block him every play?

Is that why he didnt even assist in a tackle?

Did they block him numerous times when he got pushed off the line?

Arent we paying him all that money because of his abilities to dominate the competition so severly that hes able to consistently beat the opposing competition with somewhat regularity?

I mean we could have got the same level of production out of Alan Branch this game.

To be honest, I really don't know. I know as a team we were super stout against the run and I'm sure he had something to do with that. Having said that I rarely heard a peep from him and for the sort of money we are paying him you'd hope he would be a disruptor as opposed to a space eater.

But I'm happy with the unit against the run.

Did they block him every play?

Is that why he didnt even assist in a tackle?

Did they block him numerous times when he got pushed off the line?

Arent we paying him all that money because of his abilities to dominate the competition so severly that hes able to consistently beat the opposing competition with somewhat regularity?

I mean we could have got the same level of production out of Alan Branch this game.

It's one frickin game.

Both the Center and Guard blocked him. Cut him now!

For $100 million he should be able to shed blocks while being quintuple teamed by the offensive line. 5-on-1 is no excuse for not succeeding for $100 million. Or something.