Rapoport: It's a Make or Break Year for Marcell Dareus

26CornerBlitz

I predict this is his last year as a Bill. He can be traded next year, even with his contract, at only a 14.5 mil cap hit. I just think the writing is on the wall with this new regime...

I agree, they'll move him pre-draft and eat the 14.2 dead cap in 2018.

Dareus will be first team All-Pro this year and his contract will look like a bargain

I bet they hope he does! That only makes him more tradeable for a higher pick.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for someone who wants the same contract?

Donald probably better deserves it. I don't have a problem with large contracts but before inking one the team has to understand who and exactly what they are buying. The Bills were on notice concerning Dareus. Chan would complain about always "having to stay on him". I remember a long soundbite where Drayton Florence dressed Marcel down on the sidelines saying he had to raise his head/motivation to the level of his talent or else etc...and that was in 2011 if memory serves. Would obviously love for the light to go on but I'm sceptical at this point. Looks to me like he's been paid and has lazed out. Someone mentioned Sapp. Thats the player Marcel could and should be but just isn't. Unless he turns it around big time I don't see Sean putting up with it.

Edited by starrymessenger

With 22 million in dead money he is going nowhere. Crappy contract!!!!!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/

They'll just eat the dead money for a year. They don't have any young talent that's about to get paid. Watkins was about it. Oddly enough they gave that money to an aging C with bad knees.

Ya Think?!?

@RapSheet

#Bills star DT Marcel Dareus faces a make-or-break year. He needs to show team brass that he's all in stick around: https://www.facebook.com/RapSheet/videos/1502608149805759/

....designated June 1, 2019 cut I believe is the first time it is economically feasible (could be wrong though)......

Donald probably better deserves it. I don't have a problem with large contracts but before inking one the team has to understand who and exactly what they are buying. The Bills were on notice concerning Dareus. Chan would complain about always "having to stay on him". I remember a long soundbite where Drayton Florence dressed Marcel down on the sidelines saying he had to raise his head/motivation to the level of his talent or else etc...and that was in 2011 if memory serves. Would obviously love for the light to go on but I'm sceptical at this point. Looks to me like he's been paid and has lazed out. Someone mentioned Sapp. Thats the player Marcel could and should be but just isn't. Unless he turns it around big time I don't see Sean putting up with it.

I find this post completely baseless. On the field Dareus is 100% worth the money.