What's wrong with the Pats Defense? Plenty

YoloinOhio

@Eric_Edholm

The #Patriots have some issues defensively — and it's not an overreaction to one game: http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/09/08/f60466be8a714bd0b5ef79e68cc2844e/index.xml

:huh:

This is clearly #fakenews The Bills are the only NFL team allowed to have suspect depth! Every other team in the NFL is six deep at WLB, MLB, SLB, CB, S, QB, RB, FB, and WR. Some teams are only five deep at K and PR, but otherwise...

I digress...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't look bad in 2003 when they lost to us 31-0? Or to the Dolphins in the opener in 2014 33-20? How about when the Pats were finished after getting destroyed by the Chiefs a few years back, then right back in the playoffs? Yeah they looked bad but lets give props to the Chiefs team, smothering the WR, when you have a S like Eric Berry covering Gronk it definitely helps, I fully expect Hyde to shadow him when we play. Maybe the Pats are finally done but we've seen this happen countless times and never seems to end, one day it will but the more logical explanation would be they got out coached this time around and expect the Saints to get a 50 burger on them, just my opinions which I hope I'm completely wrong since it would be awesome to see them crumble.

Several people downplay this loss and bring up the 2014 Dolphins game. That 2014 game was on the road for the Pats against a divisional opponent. Divisional games can be tricky; and a divisional opponents home opener can be really tricky.

The Pats just got trounced in their home opener vs a non-divisional opponent that had never won a game at Gillette Stadium and had lost something like five of their last seven games to the Pats. The Pats got embarrassed.

This entire board sounds like a jealous ex girlfriend.

Give me a break thats sports. Who roots for former players to succeed on a rival team. Maybe my wife does.

You want me to root for Mike G to make the pro bowl? I hope they all fall flat on their faces.

Im sure Boston fans were rooting for Clemens to win on the Yankees.

I was more interested in the mediocre play of Brady. Normally when he struggles it's because he is being pressured heavily. Didn't see that last night. Not sure if it's just getting enough time with Wr's or what..but it didn't look right.

His very first throw of the night, zero pressure, wide open receiver, behind him wrong shoulder & too high, it was as bad a throw as a pro can have...then that idiot announcer said something about opening night jitters, seriously use that as an excuse?

"There were mental mistakes in the second half, from 12 men on the field on a desperation third down late in the fourth quarter, to $65 million corner Stephon Gilmore blowing his outside vertical coverage on Tyreek Hills 75-yard touchdown."[/size]

:lol:

That sure looked like Gilmore expected the safety to be there over the top. The safety dragged another receiver across the middle of the field all the way to where the other safety was. It just looked odd.

Just rewatched it. There was another WR running free opposite Hill. Something was wrong with that defense on the play. It totally left open both of the deep sidelines.

Edited by BarleyNY

This entire board sounds like a jealous ex girlfriend.

This would make any sense at all if Gilmore wasn't already so disliked while he was here.

There's zero to be jealous of - that's the point. We're just all happy the Bills didn't spend all that money on an overrated low-effort player.

We match up terribly with them. KC beat them with speed. We don't have much outside speed

Right - b/c if they edge contain against Shady as badly as they did against KC Bills can't exploit that? :rolleyes:

It turns out the Patriots defense is a lot thinner than they might have hoped for. They've got some newcomers to the defense, and they are making more mistakes than is usual for a Belichick coached team. Belichick will work to tighten the execution up, but the defense is still going to be vulnerable to injury, more than is some years.