GDT: Chiefs at Patriots

Fadingpain

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JSP is one of those weathervanes pointing in the wrong direction at all times - his sunny take on letting Gilmore walk makes it far more likely that the decision was a bad one, perhaps even more so than Satan choosing to pay Gilmore so much money.

Last night's result doesn't mean much. The Patriots are often slow starters, they'll adjust and tweak and hit their stride shortly.

And the Chiefs are often fast starters and slow finishers - I'm not ready to anoint them yet. Losing Berry is HUGE, he's the heart and soul of that defense.

The fact that this was written by one of the most emotional crying Sammy Watkins fanboys makes me realize that I'm on the right track.

After this loss, Brady goes to 51-2 against AFC opponents at home in regular season since 2007.

That's insane.

Pats looked vulnerable though.

Berry hurt really hurts Chiefs.

Pats D was weak. Welker out really changes them. Hogan can't play that position, and neither can Amendola because he won't last. Outside of Brady that's the most important position on their offense. More than Gronk.

I know you meant Edelman but you're absolutely right. He was/is Brady's safety valve. Have you ever seen Brady take so many desperate shots downfield in a game? It was surreal to watch.

What stood out to me is the Pats got whipped up front on both lines. Couldn't run block on the short yardage attempts, couldn't protect Brady especially at the end (or quit), crap run D and no pass rush (miss Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins now, BB)?

I don't see Chiefs as world beaters though. They lost their best player and leader Eric Berry and they will not be as fortunate within their division with those defenses in LA, Denver, and Oakland. 3 of the 4 best pass rushers in the league imo in Miller, Mack and Bosa.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Patriots looked like garbage last night. They played like they spent the entire offseason/preseason trolling teams and celebrating their Super Bowl.

Smith looked great but I don't expect him to play like that for the entire season.

All of those 19-0 predictions aren't looking too hot any more.

Patriots looked like garbage last night. They played like they spent the entire offseason/preseason trolling teams and celebrating their Super Bowl.

Smith looked great but I don't expect him to play like that for the entire season.

All of those 19-0 predictions aren't looking too hot any more.

They were especially arrogant after this Superbowl win

Guest NeckBeard

They were especially arrogant after this Superbowl win

Yes, and the opening ceremonies to start the game made me want to puke as well. Plus, the Pats are ruining a perfectly, good, fun, weird rock tune in "Crazy Train". They need to stop that.

I admit I fell asleep midway through 3rd with Chiefs up 21-17, it looked like they had a chance at that point. I have new found respect for Eric Berry and Alex Smith. Both were terrific and really too bad to see Berry out for season now. Pats will get better, but they were exposed in some places it will be tough to correct like lack of speed in Front 7. Of the Bills guys, Hogan was invisible, Gilmore has more excuses, and Gillislee look good early.....but he was only 15-45 ....but he scored TDs ...but he was stopped on short yardage...mixed bag for him .

they are blaming injuries.

And some on patsfan MB the refs, unbelievably

What stood out to me is the Pats got whipped up front on both lines. Couldn't run block on the short yardage attempts, couldn't protect Brady especially at the end (or quit), crap run D and no pass rush (miss Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins now, BB)?

Which plays into the Bills strengths - maybe McBeane has had a plan all along for beating the Pats*?

I wonder if the Patriots will approach the BIlls with the same gameplan they approached with KC. I doubt it.

I bet when it comes to the Bills, assuming the Bills' pass rush gets back to being good, we will see the Patriots relying on the quick passes - getting the ball out of Brady's hands in 2 seconds after the snap.

When the Bills play them, if Brady holds the ball as long as he did against the Chiefs, the Bills front four will have a field day. They will eat him for lunch.

I wonder if the Patriots will approach the BIlls with the same gameplan they approached with KC. I doubt it.

I bet when it comes to the Bills, assuming the Bills' pass rush gets back to being good, we will see the Patriots relying on the quick passes - getting the ball out of Brady's hands in 2 seconds after the snap.

When the Bills play them, if Brady holds the ball as long as he did against the Chiefs, the Bills front four will have a field day. They will eat him for lunch.

Edelman was the guy Brady always went to with the quick passing game because he knew where he'd be. He's not there. Gronk looked slow and couldnt get separation and I think Hyde can be decent matchup with him. I don't have some delusion that we will beat the Pats but they aren't exactly the same offense now with Brady having new WRs he needs to build the chemistry with- not sure anyone can really replace Edelman. Edited by YoloinOhio

Edelman was the guy Brady always went to with the quick passing game because he knew where he'd be. He's not there. Gronk looked slow and couldnt get separation and I think Hyde can be decent matchup with him. I don't have some delusion that we will beat the Pats but they aren't exactly the same offense now with Brady having new WRs he needs to build the chemistry with- not sure anyone can really replace Edelman.

God I hope you are right.

Seems like he always finds a new "guy".

If they can't execute the quick pass, then perhaps the Bills really have a chance to beat them. The last time the Bills beat the Patriots in Buffalo - the elation was so strong - I think it cured most of societies ills around Buffalo the following week. People quit using drugs. People of different ethnicities hugged each other and got along. Employees smiled at work on Monday morning. Bars gave away free beer. Even the chicken wings tasted better. Make Buffalo great again!

Edited by PolishDave