Report: Bills Add $2.5M in Incentives to Shady's Contract

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Gillislee sucked, but I'm still not ready to put 100% of the blame on McDermott. I am sure he was heavily involved, but The Gillislee original round tender and not matching is exactly the same thing that happened with Hogan the year before. Seems like Whaley's MO to me.

At the very least I think McDermott was relying heavily on Whaley & his staff for their help with personnel evaluations, and I'd be willing to bet that Whaley thought that J. Williams could step right in and fill Gillislee's role, just like Gillislee did with Karlos Williams. Or Whaley thought he could replace Gilly with that 5th round pick (where he drafted both Karlos and Jonathan Williams).

McDermott hadn't been here long st that point and hadn't coached these guys yet, maybe hadn't even met em...

It's a moot point though, because we will probably never know for sure, and I'm not saying that it wasn't 100% McDermott. I'm just saying that I don't like assuming it was because none of us know.

Anyway... honestly I'd take Nate Peterman over Gillislee at this point (we used the Pats 5th to draft him). QB is a much greater area of need for this team than backup RB is.

The bolded wasn't this FO. That's not a defense of this incentive bonus move, but it wasn't them twice. They didn't already do it.

Yes, the Bills did. It's Terry Pegula's money. And yes, it's so illogical that it can only BE a defense of the move. This isn't a change of team situation like when he was traded to Buffalo.........and even then they should have told him no.

My sentiments exactly.

And as I said in another thread.......they ALREADY re-signed/rewarded him unnecessarily ONCE in 2015 with 3 seasons still left on his Philly contract :lol: :doh: .........meaning his unamortized Philly bonus is in his pocket for 2017 too but doesn't show up in his cap figure.

With that pocketed Philly money and his bonuses he's going to be making what Lev Bell will make on the franchise tag.........with no leverage and guarantees still in hand that Lev Bell DOES NOT have.

My big concern when they signed him was that we'd see nothing more than the RB that we ended up seeing in his first year as a Bill in 2015......around league average ypc, injuries and malcontented.......they got ONE season of better play but he's still had about 100 less carries per year than expected and now he needs incentives to do what? What they gave him $26M in new guarantees for in the first place? :lol:

Billsy. :thumbsup:

Agreed 100%.

What does Beane want, to be seen as Mr Nice GM?

So this added incentive, is McCoy suddenly going to work harder? If he does then something was wrong in the first place.

What team just throws money at players already with a good contract?

All posters saying what a great move this is understand next time we let a go player go because we cant afford him.

Stupid move.

Agreed 100%.

What does Beane want, to be seen as Mr Nice GM?

So this added incentive, is McCoy suddenly going to work harder? If he does then something was wrong in the first place.

What team just throws money at players already with a good contract?

All posters saying what a great move this is understand next time we let a go player go because we cant afford him.

Stupid move.

Yup.

Nothing to gain.

He was going to play just as hard and he wasn't going to turn away carries.

He gets $100 for every word over 1000 and an extra million if he gets a Marconi Award at the end of the season.

Hey don't feed the troll..........he thinks you are mentally ill for not liking the throwing incentive money at Shady. :lol:

The troll would be the guy who makes the prediction that Shady wouldn't just be out of Buffalo, but out of the NFL before he turned 30 because he "hit the wall" three years ago.

The troll would be the guy who makes a bet, backs out of said bet because he lacks testicular fortitude to back up his bullshite, and then still tries to talk shite about that bet.

The troll would be the guy who's so mentally unhinged he PMs people uninvited and deranged diatribes about nonsense hoping to make their point.

The troll would be the guy who does nothing but talk down to people on this board, move the goal posts after his arguments have been shown to be hot air, and who completely lacks any discernible sense of humor.

So tell us again, Badnuts, when does Shady's radio show start this week?

u play well, yer actually available for the majority of games, your a leader, you get paid. its that simple. no problem with OBD rewarding a player who deserves it.

shelling out money for potential is just bad business. prove youre worth it, get paid.

The troll would be the guy who makes the prediction that Shady wouldn't just be out of Buffalo, but out of the NFL before he turned 30 because he "hit the wall" three years ago.

The troll would be the guy who makes a bet, backs out of said bet because he lacks testicular fortitude to back up his bullshite, and then still tries to talk shite about that bet.

The troll would be the guy who's so mentally unhinged he PMs people uninvited and deranged diatribes about nonsense hoping to make their point.

The troll would be the guy who does nothing but talk down to people on this board, move the goal posts after his arguments have been shown to be hot air, and who completely lacks any discernible sense of humor.

So tell us again, Badnuts, when does Shady's radio show start this week?

Don't you mean intestinal fortitude? :flirt:

We make a good team.....Badnuts and Badguts. :lol:

Are you EVER going to return to talking about football or beating this dead horse to death?

Shady was a disappointment in 2015 just as I expected.

He turned it around in 2016......as I said he could right here on TSW........ AT HIS LOWEST POINT as a Bill right after his injury in Washington........and I actually provided a statistical prediction.....5.5 ypc......and he ran for 5.4.

Nothing swami-like........just an understanding of what he was doing wrong from a football and team player perspective.

But you are hung up on a throwaway line about radio. :doh:

I apologize that you feel that upset about THAT.........but this nonsense you are trying to sell about this bet we had is absurd.........and I have no respect for you as a result.

As I explained to you a partner of mine in CA passed very unexpectedly.....stroke at 52........ during the timeline of this "bet"........I went out to CA to help his family for a couple of weeks.........and when I came back I asked if the bet was on you said yes........but unknown to me......you had refused my original terms while I was gone.

Simple as THAT.....a miscommunication that you've blown so far out of whack that it's utterly absurd.......and frankly disrespectful of a much more important matter......the death of another human being.

So keep being a childish douchebag and I will in-turn continue to mock and utterly disrespect you and your problems.

Sound fair or shall we move on? :thumbsup: (I could have said this in a pm but, you know, I wasn't invited :rolleyes: )

giphy.gif

As I explained to you a partner of mine in CA passed very unexpectedly.....stroke at 52........ during the timeline of this "bet"........I went out to CA to help his family for a couple of weeks.........and when I came back I asked if the bet was on you said yes........but unknown to me......you had refused my original terms while I was gone.

Simple as THAT.....a miscommunication that you've blown so far out of whack that it's utterly absurd.......and frankly disrespectful of a much more important matter......the death of another human being.

You never explained that, that's new information. Sorry for your loss.

You never explained that, that's new information. Sorry for your loss.

Oh I CLEARLY explained.......you just weren't listening........too busy finding mediocre gifs to respond with quickly and not actually READING the responses.

Case in point above.

Oh I CLEARLY explained.......you just weren't listening........too busy finding mediocre gifs to respond with quickly and not actually READING the responses.

Case in point above.

No you didn't explain that. With your propensity to lie, I'm not sure I really believe that to begin with. But even if it's an imaginary loss, I'm still sorry for your loss.

Had you explained your, situation (which you had years to do btw), it still wouldn't have made a difference since the terms of the bet never changed - something you refuse to admit because you're a narcissistic windbag.

You're allergic to admitting you were wrong and have shown time and time again that you will go to any length to avoid it.

Why?

Because you lack a working set of testicles, Badnuts.

This thread has gotten wacky.

Got to say I'm never a fan of using real life tragedies in an a message board during an argument with someone you'll most likely never meet in the real world.

Kind of cheapens the importance of that situation and what it meant/means to you.

Just my two cents.

Edited by likei've

No you didn't explain that. With your propensity to lie, I'm not sure I really believe that to begin with. But even if it's an imaginary loss, I'm still sorry for your loss.

Had you explained your, situation (which you had years to do btw), it still wouldn't have made a difference since the terms of the bet never changed - something you refuse to admit because you're a narcissistic windbag.

You're allergic to admitting you were wrong and have shown time and time again that you will go to any length to avoid it.

Why?

Because you lack a working set of testicles, Badnuts.

Yeah, that's just a very weird response.

Again, I did explain........and you just continued to be an assh*le because you were still livid from weeks before when I colorfully and innocuously implied that you weren't willing to make a bet without a "hedge".

I tailgate with people who post on this board and others who lurk......so you will just have to take my word that I am not making up some bizarre story I'd have to explain to them. :rolleyes:

He's dead and he left behind a wife and kids......and it's been a real rough couple years for them........should I speculate on your family's lives or something more personally disrespectful to you next?

Exactly, stop being a creep.

Based on your posting history, it's a rational response. You have a propensity to be quite dishonest.

Sorry for your loss all the same.

Let me translate:

"I'm sure you're lying........but so I don't look bad I'll say "I am sorry for your loss"

You just can't back off.

Again Gregg.......don't flatter yourself that I need to lie to you..........just know that this is why I will never have ANY problem dumping on any misfortune that befalls you.

You've earned it..........but rest assured, I will be sure to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. :thumbsup:

Based on your posting history, it's a rational response. You have a propensity to be quite dishonest.

Sorry for your loss all the same.

If you were at all honest in your sympathy you wouldn't have to qualify it. Just a "sorry, I didn't understand what happened" is all that was needed.

If you were at all honest in your sympathy you wouldn't have to qualify it. Just a "sorry, I didn't understand what happened" is all that was needed.

Thank you!

I am all for reasonable banter and barbs and trolling from strangers don't bother me........but Gregg knows people that I know here on TSW so this nonsense goes beyond trolling.......it's just weird.

No less of a troll than the venerable Hogboy marveled at how difficult it was to troll me........this is actually ALL ENTERTAINMENT to me as it should be........nobody wants to hear Gregg dredge up his list of football-free nonsense.........but this particular aspect of the subject is out of bounds and I shouldn't have to repeat myself about it.

That was my first response.

#144 was your first response.....which started with a weak-ass, random crying baby gif.

And I'm dishonest?

I guess you just are who you are.

How guys like Kelly the Dog and Bob Lamb could stomach your presence is beyond me........just an INSUFFERABLE assh*le.

#144 was your first response.....which started with a weak-ass, random crying baby gif.

And I'm dishonest?

How guys like Kelly the Dog and Bob Lamb could stomach your presence is beyond me........just an INSUFFERABLE assh*le.

The baby crying gif was in response to the bits of your post where you made fun of me for having Crohn's disease then followed it up with a bunch of drivel about your original predictions about Shady when the trade happened (which, of course, are not really your initial thoughts since your initial thought was he had hit the wall and was physically unable to ever match the numbers he put up in Philly and would be out of the league before he turned thirty. Those were your words, said not in jest). The narrative you spin these days is what we call being dishonest.

You capped that post off, by the way, by saying you go out of your way to personally disrespect me and my "problems". In over almost two decades of posting here, and a record of getting along with pretty much everyone - post and present - you're the only poster who continues to admittedly go out of his way to attack me. Ever think about that for a moment?

None of that really offends me. What offends me is you do it without all without a hint of humor. You're not only insufferable, you're a bore.

I didn't spell this out, but it deserved a response. I didn't spell it out because my sentiment is sincere and remains so. I am sorry for your loss. I think you're a narcissistic windbag of epic proportions - but that doesn't mean I think you're a bad person or in anyway wish you or yours ill. To think that I would just shows how much of a narcissistic windbag you actually are.

But carry on with the pity party. Just tell what channel I need to tune in to hear Shady's radio show. I can't seem to find it...

Edited by Deranged Rhino

The baby crying gif was in response to the bits of your post where you made fun of me for having Crohn's disease then followed it up with a bunch of drivel about your original predictions about Shady when the trade happened (which, of course, are not really your initial thoughts since your initial thought was he had hit the wall and was physically unable to ever match the numbers he put up in Philly and would be out of the league before he turned thirty. Those were your words, said not in jest). The narrative you spin these days is what we call being dishonest.

You capped that post off, by the way, by saying you go out of your way to personally disrespect me and my "problems". In over a decade of posting here, and a record of getting along with pretty much everyone - post and present - you're the only poster who continues to admittedly go out of his way to attack me. Ever think about that for a moment?

None of that really offends me. What offends me is you do it without all without a hint of humor. You're not only insufferable, you're a bore.

I didn't spell this out, but it deserved a response. I didn't spell it out because my sentiment is sincere and remains so. I am sorry for your loss. I think you're a narcissistic windbag of epic proportions - but that doesn't mean I think you're a bad person or in anyway wish you or yours ill. To think that I would just shows how much of a narcissistic windbag you actually are.

But carry on with the pity party. Just tell what channel I need to tune in to hear Shady's radio show. I can't seem to find it...

I don't go out of my way to attack you........I don't respond to your posts unless they are to me or directed at me........and most times not even then.

I've tried to disarm you by lightening the subject matter countless times but you just won't let up........you were too furious about that innocuous talk regarding the goofy bet you wanted to make that you couldn't deal with a real-life situation disrupting the terms of your tiny wager??

And then you go on from there to speculate on what health problems I might have because of a miscommunication? When you've got your own REAL ones? Truly weird.

I suppose I could be the bigger man and just let you keep yapping incessantly about my imaginary health issues without a few fart jokes regarding your real one.......and what really hurts is you say it is without a "hint" of humor.......that's just mean! :lol:

You've been on the edge of expulsion for this mean spirited, ill-founded trolling and you STILL can't stop so if i have to spare us by pleading for pity :rolleyes: as you want to color it........then so be it.

Let this be the last thread you kill on your vendetta, mmmkay? :thumbsup:

You've been on the edge of expulsion for this mean spirited, ill-founded trolling and you STILL can't stop so if i have to spare us by pleading for pity :rolleyes: as you want to color it........then so be it.

Let this be the last thread you kill on your vendetta, mmmkay? :thumbsup:

If you think pointing out your own words is trolling... then you don't understand the word.

If you think pointing out your own words is trolling... then you don't understand the word.

I don't believe you have crohns..........but I feel sorry for your loss of function. :cry:

We can go on until you get banned if you like? :thumbsup:

Im with badol that you both let it go. It's just gotten old.

REAL OLD........North Korea needs to do a test on this vendetta.

And I'm dishonest?

He's actually a terrific guy. I have spent a lot of time with him over many years.