Rex has hot takes on his 2 exes, the Bills and Jets

YoloinOhio

I've been following the Bills since the 60s and never been as disappointed as I was during the wrecks era. I have seen some pretty sucky games and even entire seasons, but somehow having that idiot on the sidelines waste such a talented team really made me consider doing something else with my Sundays.

i thought it was a "good" team too. Then 10 men on the field happened and I lost all faith I had left in Rex. That was when I finally said he had to go. Then the interview after he was fired and that made me nauseaus because he couldn't be more classless in addition to not putting in the effort to make the team a winner.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinkof this, his two former teams are projected to be at or near the bottom in the NFL.

Vegas Odds to win the Super Bowl from have the Jets 1000 to 1, the Bills 200 to 1....There is 4 way tie between Cleveland, San Fran, Chic and Jax at 100 to 1.

i thought it was a "good" team too. Then 10 men on the field happened and I lost all faith I had left in Rex. That was when I finally said he had to go. Then the interview after he was fired and that made me nauseaus because he couldn't be more classless in addition to not putting in the effort to make the team a winner.

I bought all in on Rex, I admit it but I did a 180 after the Kansas City game where he screwed up all the challenges and tried to use as an excuse he didnt know how the replay system worked. Really, after being a NFL HC for 6 season didn't know how the replay system worked? Inexcusable.

Then the Pegula's let him bring in the ft slob brother of his, the DC from the worst Defense in the NFL that was fired mid-season, truly unbelievable.

The 10 men on the feild wasnt that a TD versus the Texans, that was a beauty. Or how about out 2 minute drills with Tyrod Taylor, wowzer, some of those were classics.

To be fair, getting canned by the Bills after just two .500 seasons when your 1st and 2nd round picks are injured is questionable

I think the simple truth is that Pegula grew to dislike Rex and his antics

Based just on that information, I would agree. But there's more to it, as I suspect you know.

The team never looked well-prepared under Rex. From Game 2 of the 2015 season against the Pats, where we gave up 140 yds on 14 penalties - including on Rex, it just never got better. Then there was the D.

OK, he tried to run a hybrid (or so he said), he needed his own guys, etc etc. - shame they didn't hire a HC who could have worked with the D we had, but that's water under the bridge now. Season 2.

I turned from "Hopeful" to "Hapless Bills Fan" during Game 1 against the Baltimore Ravens. The team simply did not look prepared and from 10 men on field to 12 men on field, it never got better. Meanwhile excuse city was going down in Rexland. Flip the channel to NE** vs Ari and there's NE, star QB suspended, best D player out, handful of other injuries, going after AZ like a bulldozer after a cowdozer, never say quit.

I think the simple truth is that Pegula grew to see that Rex was no longer committed to coaching and didn't have either the skill set or the will to fix the undisciplined play and field a team that was sharp and ready to play every week.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Bills fans just turn on anyone that leaves or has an opinion. Rex has done more with his life than many of you put together.

Certainly helps to have his father as a legendary NFL: head coach. He would be a High School position coach with Buddy.

Having sail that, I would love to hear him as a color commentator, you could never predict what boneheaded stupid thing or insult would come out of his bloated mouth.

I think the simple truth is that Pegula grew to see that Rex was no longer committed to coaching

Getting drubbed by the Patriots and then showing up 3 days later on TV at the World Series doesn't exactly paint a picture of commitment and dedication, does it? His well-oiled team surely didn't need an extra day of preparation -- it was only Seattle on Monday night coming up.

I saw from the stands that the Bills had 10 men on the field against Miami. 20 coach staff didnt notice. Thats why he got fired

Context always matters and in this case it gets worse. In OT, after a TV timeout, after a 4th an 2 punt with 4+ minutes to play in a game where a tie does them no good. I think there were 27 coaches on his staff as well. Next time you see a high school team on the field and a player counting the number of his teammates on the field with him think of this.

Rex's coaching style relied heavily on building his relationships with players and not attention to details, such as having someone designated to check the time on the play clock when the ball is marked ready for play. It's bad when the fans at home or in the stands know more about what's happening than Rex or his 27 coaches or the players on the field. Paying attention to details takes time and work. Leadership via personality is a lazy or incompetent man's only option.

I prefer the professorial type leader. Levy over Ditka. Obama over Trump. But, Rex was fun until his flaws caught up with him and cost the team wins.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER