is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

I'm glad to see the Bills finally getting serious about shedding the roster of all these Williams.

Yeah, but we might miss out on the excitement of going 9-7 and not mathematically eliminated from the playoff race until week 16.

I'm wondering if CBS, FOX, etc., put out an "In the hunt" list today if we would be on it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad to see the Bills finally getting serious about shedding the roster of all these Williams.

Yeah, but we might miss out on the excitement of going 9-7 and not mathematically eliminated from the playoff race until week 16.

and 2-14 is better?

Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 20m20 minutes ago

More

Current #Bills RB ages: LeSean McCoy - 29 Mike Tolbert - 31 Joe Banyard - 28 Taiwan Jones - 29 FB Patrick DiMarco - 28 Everything is fine.

I have yet to say "tank" to any of McBeane's moves, but it's an obvious tank job when a team starts building up on mid-aged vets who haven't done much in their career. We saw it with the Sabres, and looking at these ages, we are seeing it now with the Bills. Not that it's a horrible thing. But this is a tank.

I have yet to say "tank" to any of McBeane's moves, but it's an obvious tank job when a team starts building up on mid-aged vets who haven't done much in their career. We saw it with the Sabres, and looking at these ages, we are seeing it now with the Bills. Not that it's a horrible thing. But this is a tank.

Yes, it is......

Some of you need to stop acting like Jonathan Williams was the next Thurman. If you want change, you have to go through some tough times. Not sitting here saying Beane and McDermott are geniuses but we need to give them the benefit of building the team in their image, which doesn't happen overnight.

Expecting them to take over and win with someone else's roster is insane. Especially when we haven't made the playoffs in 17 years. We had to do something different, fans clamored for change, and now that we've got change people are crying about it. You gotta be kidding me with all this outrage over an easily replaceable, backup running back.

Beane is really turning this entire roster over. The gut that may be left by 2018 is Dareus and that's because he comes with such a big cap hit; otherwise, he'd probably be gone, as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bills trade McCoy before the trading deadline to acquire extra picks. Tyrod could be on the trading block, as well if he doesn't perform early on.

Either way. It is going to be at least a couple years of more hardship, and that's if Beane is able to draft well. We have no clue. He certainly is putting all his eggs in one basket, but ****, if "his" team isn't performing by year four we are looking at a quarter century without the playoffs.

It just doesn't make sense to me. We have been mediocre the last couple of seasons, 7-9 and 8-8. A couple things go our way and were probably in the playoffs? Why blow a roster like that up? Why not try and make some tweaks to get over the hump rather than starting from square one?

Oh well, here is to another long season and the race to the #1 pick. :cheers

Game on JETS, game on.

They talk about the plan, but wtf is the plan? We're not building around a young core. Darby, Watkins were young players soon to be hitting their prime. Ducasse is a joke but he is still around. Mike Tolbert? Dude won't last through a rebuild. I get tanking, but not getting rid of your core young talent to do it. I'm not sure what they are doing.

I'm wondering if CBS, FOX, etc., put out an "In the hunt" list today if we would be on it.

Ah yes...nothing says Hope like the annual early December playoff race graphic with the usual 'In the Hunt' suspects:

Chiefs: 8-4

Ravens: 7-5

Dolphins 7-5

Titans: 6-6

Bills: 6-6

Wouldn't a "tank" also mean cutting productive veterans for unproven young players?

They talk about the plan, but wtf is the plan? We're not building around a young core. Darby, Watkins were young players soon to be hitting their prime. Ducasse is a joke but he is still around. Mike Tolbert? Dude won't last through a rebuild. I get tanking, but not getting rid of your core young talent to do it. I'm not sure what they are doing.

They're not sure either... After a few days on the roster Boldin also got the feeling that the direction was nowhere.

Some of you need to stop acting like Jonathan Williams was the next Thurman. If you want change, you have to go through some tough times. Not sitting here saying Beane and McDermott are geniuses but we need to give them the benefit of building the team in their image, which doesn't happen overnight.

Expecting them to take over and win with someone else's roster is insane. Especially when we haven't made the playoffs in 17 years. We had to do something different, fans clamored for change, and now that we've got change people are crying about it. You gotta be kidding me with all this outrage over an easily replaceable, backup running back.

It's not insane to expect them to inherit someone else's roster, especially one that had the potential to be in the playoffs.

Haven't we said before that good coaches are able to adapt tot he personnel they have? Why couldn't McDermont adapt? I'm not saying completely change his philosophy, but he these guys took a borderline playoff team, that many felt coaching held back, and completely blew it up.

There have been plenty of examples of teams getting rid of coaches, not blowing up the roster and then making the playoffs the next year and for years to come.

Wouldn't a "tank" also mean cutting productive veterans for unproven young players?

Not necessarily... The question is "how much" production they can get out of an older player versus the potential of a young stud... Good teams always hang onto a few veteran standard-bearers, while developing young talent

-A good GM-coach combo knows how to maintain that balance.

Tolbert is 31. I'd take a young 23 year old back

I don't get the logic behind 'getting rid of the previous regime's guys'. If a guy has the physical skills and right attitude, wth does it matter how he got there? Makes no sense to me. Seems like there must have been something else going on

Not necessarily... The question is "how much" production they can get out of an older player versus the potential of a young stud... Good teams always hang onto a few veteran standard-bearers, while developing young talent

-A good GM-coach combo knows how to maintain that balance.

But if the young players are really not that good, that's a tank at a lower price point? I don't think anyone could say that JWill was demonstrable better than any other RB on the roster. In fact, his potential may have capped out, perhaps he's a bad teammate, maybe he's missed multiple assignments, I have no idea, only the coaches would know.

I don't get the logic behind 'getting rid of the previous regime's guys'. If a guy has the physical skills and right attitude, wth does it matter how he got there? Makes no sense to me. Seems like there must have been something else going on

. Agree