is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, i don't like the JWill cut. If this was a one off that'd be one thing. But this is within a larger context of questionable roster moves. The Watkins move I can almost justify given his durability issues. But honestly you don't get better by losing talented players and keeping mediocre ones. Fine if you say they're doing this to better the team. But how do you justify Ducasse > Williams > Darby? Systems and "culture" are winning over actual raw or developing talent.

This is a historical problem in Buffalo. The players know it. The fans know it. We're not complete idiots.

I really liked it when McDermott was the guy (One voice) in charge. I think Beane is overthinking this. I liked the hire. But he is running amok with this roster management BS.

God, I miss Wade Phillips...

The team who gets Jwill landed a steal! He will tear it up given the fair chance

Yes. His 94 career yards and single touchdown are pretty impressive.

I liked the kid, but we didn't just cut Barry Sanders.

It's always been the way, watching the apoplectic reaction to Jwill being dumped for a faster, better receiving and blocking guy is the latest example of this age-old pastime.

Problem is Williams is a threat to score on almost every down. Of the backs we have now, besides Shady - who would you game plan for? In this league having 2 backs able to take it to the house is a luxury. But true to our form, we waive (not even trade) luxury.

I get the focus on special teams. But fire Crossman and watch this ST improve dramatically. He has done nothing here and did nothing in Detroit. He's a conservative coach. That doesn't fit the make up of his players.

Problem is Williams is a threat to score on almost every down. Of the backs we have now, besides Shady - who would you game plan for? In this league having 2 backs able to take it to the house is a luxury. But true to our form, we waive (not even trade) luxury.

I get the focus on special teams. But fire Crossman and watch this ST improve dramatically. He has done nothing here and did nothing in Detroit. He's a conservative coach. That doesn't fit the make up of his players.

No offense, but aside from a pretty decent preseason, I don't see Jwill as a special talent. I could be wrong, but I think he is another run-of-the-mill backup running back in this league.

Banyard is no different in that he's a JAG, just that he blocks and receives better and has better breakaway speed than Jwill

No offense, but aside from a pretty decent preseason, I don't see Jwill as a special talent. I could be wrong, but I think he is another run-of-the-mill backup running back in this league.

Banyard is no different in that he's a JAG, just that he blocks and receives better and has better breakaway speed than Jwill

None taken. I guess time will tell. The whole "what's best for the team" line is a joke given that Dareus is still on this squad. I'm not advocating cutting him. I'm just saying there's more to this story.

I like the fact that fans don't like the roster moves. Everybody loved Whaley's moves because he was doing all the things a fan playing Madden would do. But if the message board has taught me anything it's that the fans generally don't know much.

Case in point, some fans criticize draft evaluations for using hindsight. :lol: