Step right up. Don't be afraid! Go on record right here!

Beast

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future yes, At least Beane will have great sucsess he is looks to be incredibly smart and a great team builder. I havent paid attention enought to how McDermott calls and coaches to see if he's good enough for us to do damage in the now. I think this year will be a dud but 2018- multiple playoff berths - fingers crossed

2017 is going to be a wash 2018 is make or break. I will go on record saying that if we dont go to the playoffs and make a little noise next year, bean and/or McDermott will be gone before 2019 commences

I'm not so sure...remember, all the guys they draft next year are going to be rookies, so I don't know how much you can expect out of them for a playoff push.

Wrong, the offense was very playoff-worthy.

The Bills offense would have tied for 6th in scoring in the playoff field........6 teams that made it scored less........and that's COUNTING the sham finale against the Jets that dropped them from 7th overall to 10th.

They also had an NFL record for fewest turnovers in a season until they benched Tyrod.

Like it or not.......these are facts.

Like it or not they got very fat on some bad football teams

Yep. 7th in points after week 15 with a defense that never got you the ball back quickly was terrible.

Got fat on alot of bad football teams but ok

I've been waiting a looooong time for this GM. In the free-agency era we've never had a GM like this, as evidenced by the confusion amongst the fans. I've been banging my fist on the table for more than a decade to see this team attempt to build through the draft and it's almost surreal that it's finally happening. It's a sad day for those that want the instant-gratification approach of the last regime, but eventually you'll realize that those teams were built to go nowhere. Eventually. Maybe.

The team is still bound for 7 wins this season, same as they were back in May.

He had the offer and then discussed it with McDermott after the game , into the night and early morning.

Then your response to that other post is confusing. The poster said that the Sammy trade raised his eye brows, etc. in terms of McDermott's decisions. And your response implied that McDermott either didn't know about the trade or was not responsible for it.

I'll go on record and say that this year's team will finish 5-11 on the back of our defense. Next year's draft will yield our coveted franchise QB that will need at least one year to get our offense going. By year three of the new regime, this team will be competing for the division crown. There, I said it. 5-11 this year, 8-8 next year, 12-4 and AFC East champs in the 3rd year.

i would love to go on record here by saying......i am 100% behind mcdermot and beane so far.....this is what this franchise has needed for years, a complete overhaul with forward thinkers and they at least know that winning organizations are built through the draft......in a couple of years , this team could have a large core of talented draft picks that are ready to grow together under a disciplined head coach and a GM that clearly gives us a better shot then past gms who just thought 6 picks a year would do it when our roster was clearly behind the rest of the league and no QB to speak off.......we have a chance with these guys.....i just know it , we have all suffered long enough and i feel like its about to get better for us all.........and also for the record , i have never felt like this about a coach and gm since ive been a fan and i was on board for all our superbowl teams but didnt agree with management on the way they handled those teams either.

McBeane will live or die by the draft. Thats it. Theyre playing the game the way they want. They will succeed or fail by how good they are at drafting especially drafting and development of a QB. Too early to call it.

I only like 2 QB's in this years draft, Trubisky and Mahomes. I go on the record to say that the Bills will regret the trade down and the 2 firsts next year won't make the impact that Mahomes could.

Ive been watching. That kid is gonna be really good one day. I wanted us to draft him out of the qbs we cuda picked with our 10 spot but if we did draft Mahomes i wonder if we would've developed him properly? That remains to be seen out of OBD.

The OL looks scary without Glenn. It didn't take long to get Taylor and Yates injured.

If they can get Reilly or Shorts back here I would feel better.

Castillo is the one who has me worried so far.

I don't want another change at GM or HC , let these 2 have a long chance to succeed.

The overreaction and supposed analysis based on preseason games, a few roster moves and a limited glimpse at training camp is astounding. For the record:

1. Beane and McDermott are 0-0 as GM and head coach of the team.

2. Beane has made I think 5 trades, all of which involve future draft picks. Two had players of significance (Darby, Watkins) and the other 3 were players that most thought would be cut (C. Jones) or were cut possibilities or at best backups (Seymour, Ragland) that had a high likelihood of not being part of the 46 active on Sundays.

3. It is almost impossible to draw any conclusions based on preseason games.

4. All the angst over possibly getting a 3rd round compensatory pick: A 3rd round comp pick is essentially a 4th round pick. 4th rounders have a 91% chance of making the roster as a rookie, 74% in year 2 and 54% in year 3. That's to make the roster, not to start.

5. Every year there seems to be a RB and/or WR that is battling for the last spot in the position group that fans latch onto that gets cut. When they are released, fans/people posting here act like they just cut the next Andre Reed but the funny thing is that we almost never hear about them again. To draw any conclusions over Brandon Reilly vs. Holmes and Brown or anyone else is ridiculous. The coaches are reviewing every rep from practice and games, they have a much better handle on what is going on.

6. Throughout the last 17 years, one of the most commonly expressed criticisms of the team has been that there is no discernible plan, that they make moves that are short-sighted, that they over estimate the talent on the team and make moves like they are 1-2 players away from making the playoffs. So here comes a couple of guys that are 180 degrees opposite of all that, appear to have concluded that the talent isn't that great on the team, need to assemble a group of players that will play well as a team vs. bringing in a few high-end talent guys that may not be team guys (Owens, Mario Williams are the first 2 to come to mind) and they roundly criticized by a significant faction of fans. You can't have it both ways.

7. Many think the national media is clueless and out of touch when it comes to their analysis of the Bills. However, if you look back over the years they were pretty much correct. Now many have good things to say about Beane and McDermott, and most thought the Watkins and Darby trades were good for the team.

8. Many times when you are building a team or a business, especially one that has not been successful or has a bad culture, many of the initial moves don't make sense or fly under the radar but are crucial to turning things around. Some of what is being done is subtle, some is not but the one thing that I think is very encouraging is that the moves seem to be consistent with the plan to build a team that is good over a longer period of time. Now we have to see if it's a good plan and if they can execute.

9. I think virtually anyone who follows the team pretty close and sat down after Thursday's game and filled out what their projected 53 man roster would be you probably hit on at least 50 of 53. That means you disagree with the last 3 players to make the team, which are candidates to be released based on waiver/free agent claims and pickups, and if they make it theoretically never suit up on Sundays. To declare the leadership as inept at talent evaluation based on that is ludicrous.

10. The last thing in terms of roster manipulation that no one talks about is how they have to strategically do things based on salary cap, practice squad eligibility, etc. Releasing Brandon Reilly, who at the beginning of camp no one thought would make it, may have been done because they knew there was a high probability that they could add to practice squad.

So given all that I say so far so good. I think there is reason for optimism.

The next time the Bills go to the playoffs, Beane will be GM, McDermott will be HC and Tyrod Taylor will not be the QB.

I believe this will be the case as well. Too many good football people have given high praise for McD and Beane, they are both regarded as competent and detailed oriented and the big x factor is that they have the mandate from the Pegulas to build this team looking towards the future. Meaning they have been given time to do their thing. Imo