Has the front office set a record....

Bronxbomber21

This has to be a NFL record for total trades in a single off season. Leading the NFL has to be the Buffalo Bills new front office...

1. The trade down for White & 1st in 2018

2. The trade up for Zay Jones

3. The trade up for Deon Dawkins

4. Watkins deal

5. Darby deal

6. C.Jones deal

7. Ragland deal

8. Clay deal

Plus is Beane setting a new trend for player for player trades? I don't remember seeing so many players for player deals in resent memory.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a NFL record for total trades in a single off season. Leading the NFL has to be the Buffalo Bills new front office...

1. The trade down for White & 1st in 2018

2. The trade up for Zay Jones

3. The trade up for Deon Dawkins

4. Watkins deal

5. Darby deal

6. C.Jones deal

7. Ragland deal

8. Clay deal

Plus is Beane setting a new trend for player for player trades? I don't remember seeing so many players for player deals in resent memory.

You have to be drastic when the talent is way over hyped and under performing. Get them off the roster, but get something if you can.

We had a top 5 defense and top 10 offense within 3 years. The talent was fine. The coaches sucked.

I hate to take this "there," but had Whaley been able to choose his own HC, rather than have they Ryan Bros. shoved down his throat - he'd likely have been in the running for exec. of the year.

We had a top 5 defense and top 10 offense within 3 years. The talent was fine. The coaches sucked.

Hah!

With the exception of Watkins and Gilmore, the core players are still here from these awesome teams with "top 10" and "top 5" defense and offense, respectively.

For a team that's sucked for so long, it's incomprehensible the Beane and McDermott criticism for actually being proactive and building.

Again, may not work, but at least it's a a semblance of a plan.

Smh.

Edited by dubs

I'm starting to think they are trying to get every player Whaley drafted off the roster as fast as they can so that in two years if they aren't performing well they can make a stronger case for blaming it on the previous regime.

That's 5 Whaley players traded this off-season all under the age of 24, all playing on rookie contracts, three of which were starting last year and one that we just used 3 picks to draft only one year ago.. (And it was almost 6 players because it seems like they were trying to move on from Miller too except that Ducasse has been terrible)

If we were getting rid of players in their 30s or players with bloated contracts I'd completely understand it, but I don't understand building for the future by getting rid of all of the 22, 23, 24 year old talent on the team.

Yup

I hate to take this "there," but had Whaley been able to choose his own HC, rather than have they Ryan Bros. shoved down his throat - he'd likely have been in the running for exec. of the year.

Yup

I'm starting to think they are trying to get every player Whaley drafted off the roster as fast as they can so that in two years if they aren't performing well they can make a stronger case for blaming it on the previous regime.

That's 5 Whaley players traded this off-season all under the age of 24, all playing on rookie contracts, three of which were starting last year and one that we just used 3 picks to draft only one year ago.. (And it was almost 6 players because it seems like they were trying to move on from Miller too except that Ducasse has been terrible)

If we were getting rid of players in their 30s or players with bloated contracts I'd completely understand it, but I don't understand building for the future by getting rid of all of the 22, 23, 24 year old talent on the team.

Me too and keeping players has been on many teams as well...

Good post. The new regime can buy a lot of time because they inherited such a "mess" when it really was a 8-8 team that would be a playoff contender with a franchise qb.

When Carroll took over the Seahawks they literally had over 100 player transactions in his first year on the job.

They took the roster, shook it, shook it some more....and contunued to shake the **** out of it unTil they built a Super Bowl Champion.

You'd think Beane and McDermott were breaking up the early 90's Bills with some fans reactions,

Edited by Binghamton Beast

When Carroll took over ver the Seahawks they literally had over 100 player transactions in his first year on the job.

They took the roster, shook it, shook it some more....and contunued to shake the **** out of it unTil they built a Super Bowl Champion.

You'd think Beane and McDermott were breaking up the early 90's Bills with some fans reactions,

But I understand feelings of our fanbase. Losing streak has taken a toll on everyone..

But I understand feelings of our fanbase. Losing streak has taken a toll on everyone..

Like I said though....he isn't exactly breaking up the 85 Bears.

I don't know if this will work or not but I am certainly interested.

young talent is what will essentially be the "core" of this team. there is something there that did not gel with what the coaching staff/front office believe that core should be made of. whether it be skillset, motivation, love of the game, personality, work ethic,...who knows? but they are definitely rebuilding this team. hopefully when the dust settles, there will be a steady foundation that will last for years to come.

Yea it's bizarre. The Miller/Ducasse situation is a glaring concern when it comes to this FO's team building priorities.

This. In hindsight probably should have promoted Schwartz instead of getting Rex and switching schemes... again.

When Carroll took over ver the Seahawks they literally had over 100 player transactions in his first year on the job.

If McDermott had built one of the greatest college teams ever, it might be easier to trust him. Our coach is coming off leading the 21st ranked defense, worse than the "awful"Rex defense.

I want to believe but it's really hard at this point.

Let's not act like the players they are getting in return are old.

The fans going into hysterics over losing Seymour are way over the top.

If McDermott had built one of the greatest college teams ever, it might be easier to trust him. Our coach is coming off leading the 21st ranked defense, worse than the "awful"Rex defense.

I want to believe but it's really hard at this point.

Like I said, people are acting like they are breaking up a juggernaut.

Like I said though....he isn't exactly breaking up the 85 Bears.

I don't know if this will work or not but I am certainly interested.

Agreed. A whole lot of underachievers (for whatever reasons) are gone. None of these players were rock solid or untouchable, all were questionable. When in doubt, ship them out!

Right, since they didn't make the playoffs, they should give away talent like Sammy.

Why is it so hard to come to grips with that they had no intentions on extending Watkins? Sammy certainly is talented but the best ability is availability.

It's not like Jordan Matthews is chopped liver. You'd think they came out and announced they decided to play with 10 players on offense after those trades.

I just busted out laughing. Whaley exec of the year? Lmao he was awful. Completely awful.

Sadly, we will never know what would have happened had he been allowed to pick his own coach. I didn't hate Whaley, in fact thought he had a good eye for talent, but he always had to compromise with a HC (including in the draft room). A lot of this was handled less than ideally, but I'll just keep looking forward. At least now we have people who seem firmly tied together and on the same page - so we know who to credit and who to blame.

young talent is what will essentially be the "core" of this team. there is something there that did not gel with what the coaching staff/front office believe that core should be made of. whether it be skillset, motivation, love of the game, personality, work ethic,...who knows? but they are definitely rebuilding this team. hopefully when the dust settles, there will be a steady foundation that will last for years to come.

Agree here. I think they're looking for a certain attitude, and feel they can instill that attitude better with picking "their own" people.