Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Not sure I agree. I think there is enough tape to absolutely know what Preston is and he is a serviceable starter.... though I think it is very likely they don't bring him back in 2018 and look to upgrade.

Take the point we don't know what Ragland is yet at this level but I think everyone suspects the same thing.

Preston as a 3rd rounder was not a ridiculous pick. The trade up for Ragland made little sense.

Yeah a 3rd on Preston Brown wasn't ridiculous.........but you'd hope your personnel dept doesn't have to go third round on jaggy replaceable guys like Preston Brown and John Miller.......you'd hope to find those guys later or cheaply in FA.

Yeah a 3rd on Preston Brown wasn't ridiculous.........but you'd hope your personnel dept doesn't have to go third round on jaggy replaceable guys like Preston Brown and John Miller.......you'd hope to find those guys later or cheaply in FA.

Right , for a LBer that doesn't rush the passer, you'd hope 3rd round nets you a stud, maybe even pro bowler type. Teams do it often enough.

I am okay with serviceable to solid starters in the 3rd. You have to be hitting on your 1s and 2s though.

1. There are better, so this is just a point to a coaching staff taking care of their own

2. He hurts future ability to get a 3rd round pick in compensatory.

But hey Juan keeps his project so he is happy.

We are so honored to be in the presence of a OBD insider who knows that we are for sure keeping him regardless of the potential 3rd rounder.......DO YOU THINK THAT LITTLE OF THE PRESENT STAFF THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF WHAT IS GOING ON...... GET A GRIP

We are so honored to be in the presence of a OBD insider who knows that we are for sure keeping him regardless of the potential 3rd rounder.......DO YOU THINK THAT LITTLE OF THE PRESENT STAFF THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF WHAT IS GOING ON...... GET A GRIP

Yeah the fact that Ducasse was still in a competition for Starter tells me all i need to know on how this staff thinks of him

You just don't know what production is. :doh:

MG had 8 TD's on the ground last season..........TO PUT THAT IN PERSPECTIVE WAYNE.......Lesean McCoy has had as many as 8 rushing TD's only 3 times in 8 seasons, including just 5 on 312 carries in 2014.

Gillislee rushed for 577 yards in 2016 (30th in the NFL) and 267 yards in 2015 (68th in the NFL).

You consider the Top 68 NFL rushers "insane." I don't know of anyone else who would.

Gillislee rushed for 577 yards in 2016 (30th in the NFL) and 267 yards in 2015 (68th in the NFL).

You consider the Top 68 NFL rushers "insane." I don't know of anyone else who would.

You do realize he lead the NFL in ypc last year AND lead the league in 3rd and short conversion %...............THAT is insane.

And accumulating over 800 yards at 5.7 ypc is more than just "efficient" :lol: ..........still production, kiddo.

I am okay with serviceable to solid starters in the 3rd. You have to be hitting on your 1s and 2s though.

Yes, though even average NFL FOs can hit on ones and twos. 3rd and 4th are your value rounds where you can still find top players ( on the cheap ) but need to have a keen eye. It's where the wheat separates from the chaff.

Edited by Boatdrinks

Yes, though even average NFL FOs can hit on ones and twos. 3rd and 4th are your value rounds where you can still find top players ( on the cheap ) but need to have a keen eye. It's where the wheat separates from the chaff.

Average NFL front offices do not consistently hit on their 1s and 2s though. They consistently end up with JAGS from those picks. And sure you hope to find the odd star in rounds 3 and 4.... but I am content with the high floor and low ceiling guys in the 3rd. Picking those guys like... Robert Woods for example... in the 2nd is more of an issue.

Edit: take even a good organisation like the Packers. Since Rodgers in 05 they have hit on basically 3 first round picks. Clay Matthews has been a stud and Bulaga and Clinton-Dix have been solid players... but at 2nd tier positions in RT and S.

Edited by GunnerBill

Losing Milloy, Fletcher, and Clements was far worse, they were proven, bonafide NFL players. Everyone gone from GG's list were questionable except Gilmore IMO.

Bottom line: it is ridiculous to compare retread Jauron and I-dont-want-to-be-here Marv with McD and Beane. Folks need to let this play out.