Who has emerged as the backup RB?

BILLiever55

I still don't understand the demarco and Tolbert signing. If Tolbert is just going to be a #3 rb, or we aren't going to have both of them on the field at the same time, I just don't get it

They are not showing the offense that will involve DiMarco more.

I still don't understand the demarco and Tolbert signing. If Tolbert is just going to be a #3 rb, or we aren't going to have both of them on the field at the same time, I just don't get it

Preseason is to knock the rust off/ see what you have in rookies, un-drafted players and lower level free agents, they don't show the offense truly until the start of the season so you can expect Tolbert to be a solid goaline runner and short yardage, Dimarco will most likely be the lead blocker for McCoy and he'll be an added bonus on passing downs.

My guess would be Banyard is the #3 RB while J. Will is #2

Taiwan Jones brings special teams capability which is the only thing that might put him at an advantage over Banyard and he also looks like he got some speed on him... i just like that he's a running back and wears #7 on his jersey. Pretty unorthodox...

I think it depends on other positions as much as the RB position. Shady starts with JWill backup. Those are locks. DeMarco is probably a lock as is Tolbert. The only question in my mind is if they keep Banyard as the 5th RB. He deserves it but they may want to keep an extra WR or DB or whatever when they know Tolbert can be emergency RB3.

I think it depends on other positions as much as the RB position. Shady starts with JWill backup. Those are locks. DeMarco is probably a lock as is Tolbert. The only question in my mind is if they keep Banyard as the 5th RB. He deserves it but they may want to keep an extra WR or DB or whatever when they know Tolbert can be emergency RB3.

If Banyard has teams value, it looks like he's in. He's improved over the preseason.

Shady, JW, Tolbert. Its nice to finally have a real short yardage back in Tolbert. Banyard is a great workhorse to get you through the preseason. Also I think we will see more JW and less Shady than many think.

Edited by bmur66

1. Shady

2. J. Williams

3 (tie). Banyard (runs like J. Will), Taiwan Jones (runs like Shady, plus has ST value)

I guess Tolbert is a lock to make the team, but I guess that means we'll have to cut Banyard.

I agree that Banyard might get cut simply due to Taiwan's ST exp.

This is a tough one after last game, but it was against a bunch of guys that won't make an NFL roster. Banyard might be the odd one out with Jones' speed around the edge and as a gunner (Also has return ability). The Bills will definitely keep both DiMarco and Tolbert.

I see some wishbone/option packages with DiMarco and Tolbert as up backs while Shady stands alone in the back. Could be a great short yardage formation with a possibility to stretch either side of the field.

1. Shady (RB)
  2. J Will (RB)
  3. Tolbert (RB/FB)
  4. Jones (RB/ST Gunner)
  5. DiMarco (FB)