RODAK: Bills Go 5-11 in 2017

August trades knock Buffalo Bills' record prediction down to 5-11
  • 8:25 AM ET-Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

When the NFL schedule was released in April, I predicted the Buffalo Bills would finish the 2017 season with a 6-10 record. My colleagues were not as generous, with their predictions for each game amounting to a 4-12 aggregate record. After last month's unexpected trades of wide receiver Sammy Watkins and cornerback Ronald Darby, I've knocked one game off the Bills' victory total in my latest prediction.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28621/august-trades-knock-buffalo-bills-record-prediction-down-to-5-11

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds about right to me. Give or take a game.

I agree...they are going to be near unwatchable games for much of the year...our D will be good and our O will suck leading to many punt fest games ending 13-10, 17-14 and 20-17, with us being on the wrong side of the majority of them.

We may set a record for fewest games scoring more than 20 points in team history.

Edited by matter2003

August trades knock Buffalo Bills' record prediction down to 5-11

• 8:25 AM ET-Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer

When the NFL schedule was released in April, I predicted the Buffalo Bills would finish the 2017 season with a 6-10 record. My colleagues were not as generous, with their predictions for each game amounting to a 4-12 aggregate record. After last month's unexpected trades of wide receiver Sammy Watkins and cornerback Ronald Darby, I've knocked one game off the Bills' victory total in my latest prediction.

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28621/august-trades-knock-buffalo-bills-record-prediction-down-to-5-11

At least he's being reasonable with what the loss of Watkins's will do to the amount of wins/losses.

Once upon a time, I thought the Bills might win 8 or even 9 games. After the great moves they've made and the sterling performances they've put up in preseason, I'm thinking that unless the D is top five, and can be one of the leaders in TOs, they'll be lucky to win 4 games. If the defense doesn't play as strongly as it looked in preseason, they'll win fewer.

I'm figuring the offense might score 10 passing TDs all season, and in at least 6 games, the offense is going to fail to score any kind of TD. If the Bills secondary isn't as good as it's look in preseason, then there will likely be several 35-3 or 51-6 games since the Bills face some seriously good passing offenses this season. Maybe the Bills can split with the Jests but I wouldn't count on it. This team is that bad.