GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Lions vs. Bills at 7 PM ET

There's not any good data on this. Some great QBs sat, some started right away. Some QBs got ruined by starting too early but not all. I think in Peterman's case, his bad showing on blitzes coupled with our bad pass protection means he should sit a while. JMO

But how can this ever be known? It's impossible to know. I'm not saying every rookie QB should be thrown to the wolves, some may take longer to develop. You evaluate this on a player-to-player basis. But to give a blanket statement that a QB must sit to develop, or would've became a great QB if he hadn't started so early, is categorically false. After well over 60 years of football, there's still no evidence to suggest this and even still, the league is constantly changing over the years.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are plenty of NFL evaluators and analysts that believe that Peterman's arm is strong enough for this league. Based on the velocity that I've seen him rip some of the 15 yard throws, I don't believe that his arm strength will be a big issue at all.

The question for me is, can he remain poised the way he has looked in preseason when NFL starters are coming at him from all sorts of angles with exotic blitzes and looks? If he can do that, then from my perspective it is only a matter of time before he supplants T.T

i certainly did. IMO QB is mostly between the ears. Knowing where and how to put the ball into your playmakers hands > raw physical talent. How many guys with cannons for arms burn out after a few years? Bradys scouting report was terrible, and most likely warranted. He wasnt great at Michigan, he didnt look like an NFL QB bodywise. The guy worked at it, but if all you have is the physical, and no football smarts. well, wont be playing long. Clearly Brady has the smarts. He gained the physical side later. Plus he made a deal with the devil. :)

I was just messing with you. He's just not a good example because he is a freak of nature. 95% of sixth round QBs suck. 95% of weak armed QBs suck. 95% of lying cheaters suck.

I was just messing with you. He's just not a good example because he is a freak of nature. 95% of sixth round QBs suck. 95% of weak armed QBs suck. 95% of lying cheaters suck.

Just to be clear...you're talking about Brady and what's between his ears, right? Because he doesn't have a strong arm and physically is certainly no freak of nature.