GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Lions vs. Bills at 7 PM ET

offense looked like an NFL offense, QB looked like an NFL QB, time to turn the game off :) Also, plz retire the train whistle Bills. Thanks.

much fun watching a passing game work.

Don't the Bills have season ticket holder focus groups to get fan input like the train whistle?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers were a winning team under Favre. Why would you play Rogers? It's apples and oranges.

Nice try to now argue the Packers as a winning team when your original point was that Peterman could only learn by playing with your quote of "He won't develop if he doesn't play." Nice switch up to justify Peterman playing.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I don't want any part of it. i dont want any part of a 60 degree August either but I don't have much of a choice.

I'm sharing my opinion about my team on said teams message board. Isn't that the point?

Wish I could send you some California heat. Hit 100 today and supposed to hit 107 tomorrow.

Jonathan Williams highlights | Preseason Week 4 (1:16)

Buffalo Bills running back Jonathan Williams runs for 53 yards and a touchdown in a 27-17 win over the Detroit Lions.

Bills jump on Lions early, win 27-17

recap-8-31-story.jpg

The Bills took an early lead in their preseason finale against Detroit, defeating the Lions 27-17.

Top 3 things we learned from Bills-Lions

cordy-glenn-8-31-story.jpg

In a game that had some jobs on the line there was also news regarding Buffalo’s starting left tackle and the right cornerback competition.

FYI for all the people worried about Petermans arm strength, Brady was thought to have a noodle for an arm when he was drafted. :) Arm strength isnt everything.

Well, how much could he build up his arm? Maybe he hasn't used weights much and can improve his strength.

Bills QB Peterman has another strong performance

The Buffalo Bills expect Tyrod Taylor back for Week 1, but the team had to like what they saw from potential stand-in Nathan Peterman in the preseason finale on Thursday.

The rookie started and led the Bills on two scoring drives to open the contest versus the Detroit Lions. Peterman went 9-of-11 passing for 81 yards, guiding Buffalo to a 10-0 lead early before exiting in the Bills' 27-17 win.

Facing backups takes some of the shine off Peterman's performance (facing the Jets starters would be a different beast if he's forced into action in Week 1), but it should bring a modicum of comfort to coaches that the rookie hasn't seemed overwhelmed by the moment throughout the preseason. The Bills could be in worse shape if Taylor isn't cleared for the season opener.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think Holmes might depend on what the Bills are able to,add come roster cuts. Or maybe they feel comfortable enough with the guys beneath him already... we will find out soon.

I'm good with cutting Ducasse, Davis and Holmes to get that 3rd round comp pick though.

Word. We can pick davis back up tho right.? good depth at de but theres so many cuts on Saturday it doesnt even matter if beanes team is on their A game

Think he'll try to cheat off of Yates?

Yates is in a dimly lit room researching injury settlements.

I laughed

(and it is probably true)

I laughed with all of you. Looks like were going to hell smh :lol: :lol:

Whatever tape Tyrod gets this year will be for his next team in free agency. Peterman looks better each game. And we still have the option to go after Allen or Rudolph this april...let the rebuild begin!

Don't the Bills have season ticket holder focus groups to get fan input like the train whistle?

Please end that stupid and annoying train whistle...

@BNBlitzNow

What They Said: Sean McDermott, Nathan Peterman & Jordan Johnson after the Bills-Lions preseason game

http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/01/said-sean-mcdermott-nathan-peterman-bills-lions-preseason-game/

I love how angry Peterman is with himself about the missed pass to O'Leary:

Q: Nate two drives, two scores tonight. I mean is this what you were hoping to get out of the game tonight?

A: Yes sir. Obviously for me I wish we could have scored two touchdowns tonight. I was a little behind Nick (OLeary) on that third down throw. Theres always things to get better on.

Q: It seemed like the whole preseason has been a positive experience for you. Did this whole preseason go by for you? Is there anything you could have done?

A: Just when I go look back at plays. I could have done better. I think I left a little bit out there in the earlier games and obviously tonight. That pass back there probably could have went for a touchdown. Things I know I was working on and a lot of motivation for me going forward.

He'll be thinking about that pass and kicking himself all night long. I like the attitude.

Edited by HappyDays

I love how angry Peterman is with himself about the missed pass to O'Leary:

He'll be thinking about that pass and kicking himself all night long. I like the attitude.

I have been more of a wait and see on Peterman than most. He still hasn't really thrown downfield. But that's a perfect answer. The kid has a ton going for him. And there is a lot to like. People are going way overboard though. He's accurate short. Makes good quick decisions. Has good quick release. But that is only a quarter of the position. He has looked fair against a rush. Hasn't looked guys off. Hasn't gone downfield. Hasn't thrown a deep out. Has thrown a bunch of balls behind receivers. So far he's only Trent Edwards. But he's got a lot of balls and moxie for a rookie which is great.

I have been more of a wait and see on Peterman than most. He still hasn't really thrown downfield. But that's a perfect answer. The kid has a ton going for him. And there is a lot to like. People are going way overboard though. He's accurate short. Makes good quick decisions. Has good quick release. But that is only a quarter of the position. He has looked fair against a rush. Hasn't looked guys off. Hasn't gone downfield. Hasn't thrown a deep out. Has thrown a bunch of balls behind receivers. So far he's only Trent Edwards. But he's got a lot of balls and moxie for a rookie which is great.

I think that is very fair KTD. The one thing I would add in his favour (and I like you am a bit of a doubter) he has shown growth and development over the course of pre-season.

Very fair analysis. I think the "moxie" part is underrated; he looks the part of a leader. At worst, it appears the Bills have a competent backup QB.

Detroit Lions vs. Buffalo Bills highlights | Preseason Week 4 (3:31)

The Buffalo Bills race out to an early lead and hold on to a 27-17 victory over the Detroit Lions in Week 4 of preseason action.

Sean McDermott: "Going in the Right Direction" (8:03)
Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media after beating the Detroit Lions 27-17 topics include; playing in the fourth preseason game, the strong running game, and an injury update.

Watch: Bills Finish Preseason with Win Against Lions (2:11)
Bills' Insider Chris Brown breaks down the performance of the Bills run game and QB Nathan Peterman's success in leading the team to a 27-17 win against the Lions.

Peterman: "I Think it's Big" (1:55)
Bills QB Nathan Peterman talks to the media following the team's game against the Lions. Peterman shares his thoughts on his performance and how he thinks the team's win can help build momentum into the start of the regular season.

Bills Today: Evaluation process for final cuts

bills-today-9-1-story.jpg

The Bills front office is now in the final phase of the player evaluation process. GM Brandon Beane shed some light on how it all comes together at the end.

We need a chart of deep passes over the last 3 or 4 seasons.

My (confident) guess is that we see maybe 3 per game.

Either way I am happy with what I saw and know that if Nate were to step in we'd be OK.

Peterman must be on a one year deal.

Can you explain further?

As in he's the stater next season or he's traded?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan