Thoughts so far on WR Zay Jones??

cover1

I was really high on Zay Jones coming out of college. Totally ecstatic that the Bills drafted him. So far this preseason his stats won't blow you away but his maturity, football IQ and route running have really shined through so far. I think Jones can be special. Just wondering what your thoughts on him so far and the entire draft class for that matter. I put together a breakdown on him if you're interested.

http://www.cover1.net/2017/08/zay-jones-the-ability-to-win/

Haven't seen any indications of special yet, but it's way way early. I'm still positive on the pick. He's looked pretty good for such a young guy.

IMHO he looks to be a good #2 down the road if he can find a good connection with a quarterback.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really high on Zay Jones coming out of college. Totally ecstatic that the Bills drafted him. So far this preseason his stats won't blow you away but his maturity, football IQ and route running have really shined through so far. I think Jones can be special. Just wondering what your thoughts on him so far and the entire draft class for that matter. I put together a breakdown on him if you're interested.

He seems like a veteran out there, he doesn't seem to be overwhelmed out there, having familiarity with his coach has to be making it even an easier transition.

Zay and T. White both look impressive.

Yeah, I think those two picks have decent ceilings and high floors. Dare I say safe?

nice breakdown...i have always liked Jones...I even said he has the intangibles to potentially be a HOF receiver someday...and even with Sammy on the team, I thought that eventually Zay would take over as the #1 receiver.

Thanks!

Totally agree. Never bought the "he is a low ceiling possession guy. He can becomes a complete receiver.

Not saying he is elite but it's the preseason and you haven't seen the offense click yet. Hoping it is only because they are holding back in a major way

nice breakdown...i have always liked Jones...I even said he has the intangibles to potentially be a HOF receiver someday...and even with Sammy on the team, I thought that eventually Zay would take over as the #1 receiver.

Zay #1 over Watkins is a terrible assessment.

Honestly, I think Jones has had a quiet but really great preseason for a rookie WR. There are some plays I'm sure he wishes he would have made but I think he's a star in the making from what I've seen.

Edited by NewEraBills

He's a stud. Smooth and has a pretty complete game. I'm not sure that he will ever be a number 1 but he can start in this league for a long time.

This is where I land. I don't see him as the kind of player who will have to be accounted for on every play with DCs game planning to stop him with special coverage schemes to take him out of the equation.

This is where I land. I don't see him as the kind of player who will have to be accounted for on every play with DCs game planning to stop him with special coverage schemes to take him out of the equation.

I think he is that kind of 1b type. Some teams have that 1b type as their #1 option. Detroit with Tate and Jones is a good example.... two 1b types. I think that is a level up from Woods (who is a middling #2) but not at the level Sammy at full speed is at.

I think he is that kind of 1b type. Some teams have that 1b type as their #1 option. Detroit with Tate and Jones is a good example.... two 1b types. I think that is a level up from Woods (who is a middling #2) but not at the level Sammy at full speed is at.

Good comparison.