What REALLY will the Bills strategy on offense be?

mjd1001

I have to think they are simply going to spread the D out with 3 WRs and try to give McCoy more room to run. They will pretty much run as much as last year, if not more...allowing Taylor to audible to a pass on first down if he sees a mismatch (safety on a WR or a big hole in a zone). The thing that I think is overlooked a alot is the TYPE of WRs they have now. Andre Holmes hasn't played well in preseason, but I read a few articles on him (Raiders message boards and an article on Bleacher report) that say he is very good at blocking for a WR. Jorden Mathews the same thing. They signed Bolden and he is known as one of the best blocking WR's in the game.

So basically, they are going to try to spread the D-out a bit...and win outside 'run blocking' matchups with Very good blocking WR's. With Taylor, I think identifying mismatches to audible out of a run into a pass will pretty much be the majority of his pre-snap reads.

I'm pretty sure you will see this team have more than 500 rushing attempts this year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to think they are simply going to spread the D out with 3 WRs and try to give McCoy more room to run. They will pretty much run as much as last year, if not more...allowing Taylor to audible to a pass on first down if he sees a mismatch (safety on a WR or a big hole in a zone). The thing that I think is overlooked a alot is the TYPE of WRs they have now. Andre Holmes hasn't played well in preseason, but I read a few articles on him (Raiders message boards and an article on Bleacher report) that say he is very good at blocking for a WR. Jorden Mathews the same thing. They signed Bolden and he is known as one of the best blocking WR's in the game.

So basically, they are going to try to spread the D-out a bit...and win outside 'run blocking' matchups with Very good blocking WR's. With Taylor, I think identifying mismatches to audible out of a run into a pass will pretty much be the majority of his pre-snap reads.

I'm pretty sure you will see this team have more than 500 rushing attempts this year.

Didn't you get the memo? Tyrod doesn't make pre-snap reads.

I believe the plan this year on offense involves a radical new philosophy in which we do not actually field a QB.

I'm guessing it's going to be "move the ball and score points." But I could easily be wrong.

I think that was last year's offense. We seem to have turned over a new leaf from what I've seen so far. This will be a fresh approach. ;)

I honestly dont think we have seen the offense yet

I hope not, despite how offensive it looked....

Hmmmm, what will the Bills O strategy be this season is the question indeed........

1) 3 and out

2) duck and run

3) stop, drop and roll

4) when in doubt, air it out

So many question about this O and so few answers indeed.