Bills signing QB Keith Wenning

YoloinOhio

it all depends on what their intent is for the player. Right now they have their #1 in TT and don't feel anyone else available would be a better option. Also TT and Yates may not be out long so they just need the extra arm to get them through the next PS game, so the most logical choice is to sign a guy familiar with the offence instead of someone who will need time to learn it when more then likely they are cut following the end of the game.

Maybe we can cut Tyrod now, and end the misery?!!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Wenning

I love how we look for guys "familiar" with Dennison's offense. Wouldn't it be great to find someone who is really good, that can learn the offense. So far this offensive scheme looks pretty bad anyway.

They are looking for a guy who can come in an play in this scheme 3 days from now. They are not practicing today, so this QB has Tuesday and Wednesday to prepare for Thursday's game. He will likely be cut as soon as Tyrod and Yates are healthy.

This makes perfect sense.

Edited by BillsFan4

Ducasse blocking for Wenning - :sick:

Someone's going on IR

Well if he's lucky the starters will only get 1 series so Ducasse should be out by the time he goes in. You know, since McD thinks Ducasse is a starter.

Edited by The Wiz

The signing of Wenning makes me believe that the Bills all but know Tyrod is back for game one, which is some relief.

Actually I think it's the opposite. Peterman before this signing was the only healthy and cleared to play QB. You can't have him play much at all this Thursday because if he gets hurt...we might be starting a street FA before the Jets game. This Wenning guy is going to play most of the game Thursday.

Actually I think it's the opposite. Peterman before this signing was the only healthy and cleared to play QB. You can't have him play much at all this Thursday because if he gets hurt...we might be starting a street FA before the Jets game. This Wenning guy is going to play most of the game Thursday.

Then they sign a veteran QB to play Thurs and backup J Peterman game one.

The signing of Wenning makes me believe that the Bills all but know Tyrod is back for game one, which is some relief.

I wouldn't draw any conclusion about Tyrod's availability one way or the other with regard to Wenning. He'll likely play the entire game as a guy to throw out there with them taking no chance with exposing Peterman to injury in an utterly meaningless preseason finale.