Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making bad decisions and buying junk stocks in the first place is the issue I have. I don't care that we traded him and got what we could. Trading players is the easy part anyway. Drafting good players and filling holes is not. I'm not going to praise anyone yet until I see what they actually do with all of these picks.

Accumulating is a good first step though, and not one the Bills have had the stomach to make in a long, long time. The Bills have acted like a "contender" (for the last wild card spot) perpetually. As a result, they take the future for granted and almost never have the depth.

Now if they havent formed a competent scouting team and fail to build a roster, then it will be for not and we will continue to be at square one. And yes, Beane and McD will have to answer....

The Sabres did an amazing job at accumulating.... mainly under Regier. Murray donked off way too many picks like they were burning a hole in his pocket. The step back this season, along with Rochester being inexplicably barren for a team who once had a wealth of picks and prospects.... it was pretty clear he had failed. Badly.

Edited by May Day 10

They are undoing everything that Whaley was a part of outside of McCoy.

For all those fans who chastised other Bills fans over the poor job that Whaley did, he literally has the Eagles calling him and asking if the Bills wanted McCoy as the one thing he did to make the Bills better. And maybe you throw in there Richie Incognito.

They are undoing everything that Whaley was a part of outside of McCoy.

For all those fans who chastised other Bills fans over the poor job that Whaley did, he literally has the Eagles calling him and asking if the Bills wanted McCoy as the one thing he did to make the Bills better. And maybe you throw in there Richie Incognito.

Hughes?

A fourth for a second rounder.

Lol

Y'know, I appreciate how easy it is to have hindsight, but there is so much more to this than simply "a fourth for a second."

In fact, I seem to recall everyone giving the Bills high marks for that draft. We can only wonder what kind of year he would have had had he not been injured.

It's not like he was just a crappy pick in the second round.

Good move. He has been terrible in the pre-season games. Not a fit in this D at all.

once Rex was canned, Rags was not going to be far behind... he drafted strictly to be downhill ILB banger in Rexy-Poo's 3-4. then he got hurt and then Rex D went away. Between his injury and ownership blowing everything up, this is not hard to understand. He's only useful to a handful of teams. Bllls aint' one of 'em. This is what happens when you blow it all up. The roster also gets blown up to a certain extent.

Edited by jmcraig44

When you make a bad draft pick, you don't get it back. Getting a 4th for a guy that was questionable to dress on Sundays isn't too bad, no?

Or are we still pretending that "getting Ragland back is like having another 1st round pick this year!"?

It's too early to tell on Ragland...especially coming off of an ACL.

There's a pattern here with Beane, and it can backfire bigtime if any of these young players we are dumping realize their potential.

Again, who said that? The level of discourse on this site would be a lot higher if you could accept that some of those who disagree with you do so from a point of reason.

I don't complain about everything and expect the worse anymore than you blindly support everything this team does while thinking we're contenders.

So far this vision and process has produced a lot of moves that I don't agree with.

Each of your posts in this thread is a snarky half-point. Not sure you're in a position to crown yourself discourse king.

This is disgusting.

Darby - 2nd round pick in 2015. Gone.

Ragland - 2nd round pick in 2015. Gone.

Watkins - 1st round pick in 2014 and 2015. Gone

LMFAO. Way to build a winner.

correct. their failures to build a winner resulted in their terminations.

This is disgusting.

Darby - 2nd round pick in 2015. Gone.

Ragland - 2nd round pick in 2015. Gone.

Watkins - 1st round pick in 2014 and 2015. Gone

LMFAO. Way to build a winner.

Change coaches every two years and that happens.

Each of your posts in this thread is a snarky half-point. Not sure you're in a position to crown yourself discourse king.

correct. their failures to build a winner resulted in their terminations.

Three players who are 24 and under (2 of which were injured) had little to do with our lack of winning.

No.

If Whaley escapes Manuel because he wasn't technically the GM yet, then he doesn't get credit for Hughes.

Besides even if you give him credit for Hughes, it would be like putting a cherry on top of a poop sundae. Nothing Whaley did has worked or had any longevity to it.

I am not a Whaley fan but does get credit for Hughes.

Whaley was very similar to Tim Murray draft pick value didnt really mean much.

They are talent accumulating GMs not Football or Hockey TEAM building GMs