Buffalo Rumblings breakdown of Peterman against Baltimore

HappyDays

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is it that this line-up, or the same with Miller at RG, is abundantly clearly better to the vast majority of fans, yet the coaching staff still needs time?

If there is any confirmation that the whole Ducasse experiment is due to Castillo's loyalty, then that coach needs to go.

The coaches know who the best players are there. Preseason is for letting guys play who aren't starters yet to see how they perform under live fire.

Ducasse isn't starting anywhere during regular season. If he does, McDermott will be highly ridiculed.

That really is the thing regarding Peterman

He looks pretty good right now...and he is only going to get better .

What I am impressed with is his wheels...his scrambling ability is very underrated

There's nothing certain about this. We've seen too many preseason QBs have success with it not translating into the regular season performance with any kind of consistency.

What is the problem? They're evaluating the quarterback, not the offense. There's nothing unreasonable about counting drops as completions for that purpose.

Because unless you are going to do that for every single QB the numbers you obtain have no reference point. If you compare his massaged numbers to everybody else's real numbers that tells you nothing.

People would be wise to pump the brakes with Peterman. Not only is it pre-season, but how many points has he led the offense to?

The kid may look more comfortable than Taylor does but that really doesn't mean squat at this point. Don't let very pedestrian performances be the reason you point and yell he should be the starter.

Because unless you are going to do that for every single QB the numbers you obtain have no reference point. If you compare his massaged numbers to everybody else's real numbers that tells you nothing.

They aren't trying to compare him to other rookie QBs. No reference point is needed. Take the stats for what they're worth. I don't even care about the stats, I posted this article more for the gifs and analysis. Cover1 is working through this game on his twitter account right now:

https://mobile.twitter.com/cover_1_?lang=en

He's seeing the same things the BR article did.

People would be wise to pump the brakes with Peterman. Not only is it pre-season, but how many points has he led the offense to?

The kid may look more comfortable than Taylor does but that really doesn't mean squat at this point. Don't let very pedestrian performances be the reason you point and yell he should be the starter.

Yeah I agree with all of this. I'm interested in following Peterman's progress and development but he isn't ready to start yet. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up starting around mid-season though. Edited by HappyDays

I've seen this before. It may not turn out the same way but it reminds me an awful lot of Trent Edwards rookie pre-season.....only Edwards looked better.

He does remind me of Trent Edwards before Arizona knocked him into a new identity (Capt. Checkdown). Let's hope he stays healthy long enough to develop beyond that, but let's not anoint him the next Jim Kelly yet. He's still a rookie who hasn't faced playoff level defenses yet

With the o-line as it stands, few quarterbacks could take this team to the playoffs. Much less a rookie.

Truth.

But the interesting thing is that it's basically the same OL as last season with the exception of Glenn, and he missed some time, so the problem should be solvable with competent coaching.

Truth.

But the interesting thing is that it's basically the same OL as last season with the exception of Glenn, and he missed some time, so the problem should be solvable with competent coaching.

I can only assume they're not comfortable with Castillo's zone blocking scheme.

Oh and I watched Peterman's drives and he did not lock onto his primary receiver on the vast majority of his throws. And he had 5 dropped passes. The batted passes are a concern and I'm not sure how much of an issue going forward they'll be, but perhaps getting rid of short passes meant for players just behind the DL is the best solution.

How is it that this line-up, or the same with Miller at RG, is abundantly clearly better to the vast majority of fans, yet the coaching staff still needs time?

If there is any confirmation that the whole Ducasse experiment is due to Castillo's loyalty, then that coach needs to go.

You would have a better chance to get a starting lineup via 900 number when Brandon was GM.

"Think of Trent Edwards pre-concussion.."

What an amazing endorsement.

When will the pre/post-concussion Trent Edwards fallacy stop? The game immidiately following his concussion, after the bye, was one of his best as a Bill. It was better than any game he had in the season up to that point.

Teams figured out Trent Edwards, the more he got on tape, it had nothing to do with his concussion. He couldn't stretch the field, and constantly checked down, even before the concussion. Teams just learned to take away the short stuff.

If that's Nate Peterman, as the writer is implying, I have no desire to see any more of him.

Amen.

With the o-line as it stands, few quarterbacks could take this team to the playoffs. Much less a rookie.

And yet we'll likely have the exact same O-line against the Jets as we had last year. A line that got us the rushing title and 25 ppg average despite a crappy defense and kicking game putting them in tough field position all season.

Glenn seems to think he's going to play. Miller is still a good starting guard. Mills is apparently not going to be replaced by Groy or Dawkins so he's going to start as well, which is all the more reason to play the slippery Tyrod and keep that Jets Dline guessing

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/28/16211916/nathan-peterman-rookie-quarterback-buffalo-bills-video-analysis-gif

Some of the throws he made were really really good. The near-interception was obviously the worst one but I bet he doesn't make that mistake again. I think Peterman is looking better every week.

Let's not forget that he didn't really practice with the ones that much , but what was nice to see is him hitting Clay few times ,

They aren't trying to compare him to other rookie QBs. No reference point is needed. Take the stats for what they're worth. I don't even care about the stats, I posted this article more for the gifs and analysis. Cover1 is working through this game on his twitter account right now:

My point is the stats are useless WITHOUT a reference point. What are you comparing them to in order to say they're good, bad, or average?