Buffalo Rumblings breakdown of Peterman against Baltimore

HappyDays

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for the batted passes, if anything they should be removed as attempts, not counted as completions. And those are mostly good plays by the defenders who realize that if they can't get to the quarterback and they see the quarterback throwing the ball, they should jump up and try to get a piece of the ball.

Yeah, I'll pass on this and will wait for Cover1's podcast.

Cover1 will do the same thing, look at drops as positive plays for Peterman. If the article considered batted passes as completions that is pretty dumb, but a reasonable person can say Peterman's stat line is somewhere between what it really is and what this analysis says it should be.

As for the batted passes, if anything they should be removed as attempts, not counted as completions. And those are mostly good plays by the defenders who realize that if they can't get to the quarterback and they see the quarterback throwing the ball, they should jump up and try to get a piece of the ball.

I think batted passes are more common in preseason although I can't figure out why. I remember a similar discussion about EJ Manuel after preseason. Of course he failed for very different reasons, batted balls weren't an issue in real games. Edited by HappyDays

Why dont we just pretend that he completed every pass and that three of those pretend completions were touchdowns.

Uh huh, that obviously makes as much sense as counting drops as completions for the purpose of analyzing accuracy. Good work.

Loved the first throw, or one of his first throws, where he hit our WR on a slant by leading him and putting the ball just over the LB but just before the closing S. Peterman put that ball in the only window it could have gone into for a completion.

For the record, I am still on the Taylor starting train. But gotta love seeing a rookie QB come in and display laser accuracy.

Not that I think it would happen, but... say Tyrod is not ready for the beginning of the season and Peterman gets the nod week 1. He does well, and wins. Maybe Tyrod needs another week, and Peterman wins week 2. How many consecutive wins would Peterman need before he passes Tyrod as the starter, in the coach's eyes, and remains the starter even after the original #1 returns, ala Romo-Prescott?

Not saying Peterman has those skills, though.

But it sure would be great if Peterman really was The Guy, and we could spend two 1sts, two 2nds, and possibly 3 3rds on building pieces around him, instead of using it as trade-up ammo to get The Guy.

Wrong question. It's not how many WINS Peterman would need. It is how many losses he would need to get replaced. The answer is probably 1 assuming it comes early in the season. If he is winning consistently and playing well half way through the season, he would likely remain the starter.

I liked what I saw, and I have no problem with them 'massaging' the stats to paint a more accurate picture of his performance. No one is arguing that he's a hall of famer so far, but it is logical to state that his final stats for the game aren't completely in line with his on field performance. He was more accurate than the numbers would indicate, and he should have also had a turnover, added to his line. He's still making rookie mistakes, but he's also making a lot of good throws. I'm excited to see more of his play, though it'll be a shame if it's due to injuries to our other QBs.

before tyrod got hurt in the game he also had a pass batted at the line of scrimmage Edited by JAMIEBUF12

The calls of illegal formation were b.s. You can scroll through the clips in the original post and see that they use the same formation in several calls. The first time it was called negated a first down, and the Baltimore announcer speculated that the call may have been offsides because the defense was lined up in the neutral zone.

Here's a picture of one of the formation on the first call. If you can tell me which lineman is in an illegal stance let me know. Both tackles are at exactly the same distance from the guard next to them. The Baltimore announcers initially thought they were going to be hit with lining up in the neutral zone, as you can see the nose tackle's head is across the line of scrimmage.

My point is, I think those were totally bogus calls an unnecessary. They cost the team momentum, first downs, and opportunity.

While we're at it, there was an earlier call of illegal motion on #62 right after Clay pulled up short on a reception at the Baltimore 40, leaving us with 3rd and 1. They called #62 for motion. I replayed that 6 times, and he didn't move. That was a phantom call that cost us opportunity. These refs are overofficious jerks.

post-1610-0-36637500-1503934797_thumb.jpg

Edited by TC in St. Louis

I thought he looked decent for a 5th round rookie. If he had to play this year, I think he would play ok for a few drives and look awful some others.

In no way is he a better option than Tyrod right now besides his current health.

If team's have to worry about the entire field being utilized in the passing game with Peterman, then he's the better option since team's don't worry with Tyrod in regards to multiple areas of the field.

The calls of illegal formation were b.s. You can scroll through the clips in the original post and see that they use the same formation in several calls. The first time it was called negated a first down, and the Baltimore announcer speculated that the call may have been offsides because the defense was lined up in the neutral zone.

Here's a picture of one of the formation on the first call. If you can tell me which lineman is in an illegal stance let me know. Both tackles are at exactly the same distance from the guard next to them. The Baltimore announcers initially thought they were going to be hit with lining up in the neutral zone, as you can see the nose tackle's head is across the line of scrimmage.

My point is, I think those were totally bogus calls an unnecessary. They cost the team momentum, first downs, and opportunity.

While we're at it, there was an earlier call of illegal motion on #62 right after Clay pulled up short on a reception at the Baltimore 40, leaving us with 3rd and 1. They called #62 for motion. I replayed that 6 times, and he didn't move. That was a phantom call that cost us opportunity. These refs are overofficious jerks.

What screen shot is that? Bills were going left to right when Vlad got flagged on that play.

I just want to see one of our QBs get a chance behind Glenn-Richie-Wood-Groy-Dawkins.

How is it that this line-up, or the same with Miller at RG, is abundantly clearly better to the vast majority of fans, yet the coaching staff still needs time?

If there is any confirmation that the whole Ducasse experiment is due to Castillo's loyalty, then that coach needs to go.