Buffalo Rumblings breakdown of Peterman against Baltimore

HappyDays

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that I think it would happen, but... say Tyrod is not ready for the beginning of the season and Peterman gets the nod week 1. He does well, and wins. Maybe Tyrod needs another week, and Peterman wins week 2. How many consecutive wins would Peterman need before he passes Tyrod as the starter, in the coach's eyes, and remains the starter even after the original #1 returns, ala Romo-Prescott?

Not saying Peterman has those skills, though.

But it sure would be great if Peterman really was The Guy, and we could spend two 1sts, two 2nds, and possibly 3 3rds on building pieces around him, instead of using it as trade-up ammo to get The Guy.

Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

I don't necessarily agree with counting tips as completions, I understand considering drops though as PS is all about individual evaluation and those aren't on Nate. Hopefully he continues to grow and turns into a good value for where we picked him.

Not that I think it would happen, but... say Tyrod is not ready for the beginning of the season and Peterman gets the nod week 1. He does well, and wins. Maybe Tyrod needs another week, and Peterman wins week 2. How many consecutive wins would Peterman need before he passes Tyrod as the starter, in the coach's eyes, and remains the starter even after the original #1 returns, ala Romo-Prescott?

Not saying Peterman has those skills, though.

But it sure would be great if Peterman really was The Guy, and we could spend two 1sts, two 2nds, and possibly 3 3rds on building pieces around him, instead of using it as trade-up ammo to get The Guy.

There's a topic about that very thing! https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195692-poll-if-tt-cant-play-vs-jets-and-peterman-looks-good/

Peterman looks like a better fit in this offense. He does a good job getting the ball out quickly and throwing to a spot (throwing the receiver open) with a lot of crossing over the middle passes. He struggles when the other team blitzes, like any rookie would.

I don't think Tyrod is a fit in this offense unless during the reg season they allow him to use his legs more and throw more deep and sideline throws. Tyrod is not a fit for a west coast timing style offense.

Yeah, I also noticed that intellectually dishonest BS.

I just think that it's a bit silly.

Peterman looks like a better fit in this offense. He does a good job getting the ball out quickly and throwing to a spot (throwing the receiver open) with a lot of crossing over the middle passes. He struggles when the other team blitzes, like any rookie would.

I don't think Tyrod is a fit in this offense unless during the reg season they allow him to use his legs more and throw more deep and sideline throws. Tyrod is not a fit for a west coast timing style offense.

Peterman may, in fact, end up being a better fit.

I don't think he's a better option right now though.

Nice read thanks HappyDays.

3 of those blocked passes were when Mills just stood there not engaging Suggs.

Hit him fat boy and try to knock him down,you might realize its fun and want to do it again ;)

I love that it starts with "if we simply adjust the result of the play, his stat line looks fantastic!" :lol:

Mills was a statue on 3 of the blocks,engage the man don't kiss him. :(

"Think of Trent Edwards pre-concussion.."

What an amazing endorsement.

When will the pre/post-concussion Trent Edwards fallacy stop? The game immidiately following his concussion, after the bye, was one of his best as a Bill. It was better than any game he had in the season up to that point.

Teams figured out Trent Edwards, the more he got on tape, it had nothing to do with his concussion. He couldn't stretch the field, and constantly checked down, even before the concussion. Teams just learned to take away the short stuff.

If that's Nate Peterman, as the writer is implying, I have no desire to see any more of him.

Hit him fat boy and try to knock him down,you might realize its fun and want to do it again ;)

Same Mills that Tyrod played behind the last 2 seasons...I just think the whole "it's not fair that his stats are his stats" thing is silly--whether it's applied to Tyrod, Peterman, or anyone else.

They were also because he was telegraphing his throw to the right. From the snap he's looking right the entire time, except for the screen attempt, so the defender knows it's going that way.

Same Mills that Tyrod played behind the last 2 seasons...I just think the whole "it's not fair that his stats are his stats" thing is silly--whether it's applied to Tyrod, Peterman, or anyone else.

I think its more of a " what if" than anything.

Lets get Glenn healthy then we can get that 3rd rnd pick over to RT and with Groy at RG the line should be more stable.

I love that it starts with "if we simply adjust the result of the play, his stat line looks fantastic!" :lol:

What is the problem? They're evaluating the quarterback, not the offense. There's nothing unreasonable about counting drops as completions for that purpose.

I think its more of a " what if" than anything.

Lets get Glenn healthy then we can get that 3rd rnd pick over to RT and with Groy at RG the line should be more stable.

Sure...I just think that blanketing all "it might not be his fault" plays as positive is a bad analytical tool

What is the problem? They're evaluating the quarterback, not the offense. There's nothing unreasonable about counting drops as completions for that purpose.

See above.

I thought the analysis was definitely pro Peterman biased, but the summary at the end was spot on.

"I don’t think the Bills have an exceptional talent in Peterman (although if his arm strength were to improve, I might be inclined to re-evaluate). But he’s smart, poised, and can pick apart a defense..... But outside of leading this team to the playoffs as a rookie, nothing he does this year should preclude the team using a first round pick on the position in 2018."

I thought the analysis was definitely pro Peterman biased, but the summary at the end was spot on.

"I don’t think the Bills have an exceptional talent in Peterman (although if his arm strength were to improve, I might be inclined to re-evaluate). But he’s smart, poised, and can pick apart a defense..... But outside of leading this team to the playoffs as a rookie, nothing he does this year should preclude the team using a first round pick on the position in 2018."

The bolded part of his conclusion is pure conjecture at this point. We'll see how true this might be if he gets game action in the regular season.

Indeed.