Does Stevie Johnson want back?

billspro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players play for contracts, not teams anymore. Stevie just looking for a another $$ fix at career end. Don't blame him, but don't be fooled that its kumbaya

Was that also true when Stevie took well below market value to re-sign with the Bills? There are lots of players who take less to play for certain teams.

Was that also true when Stevie took well below market value to re-sign with the Bills? There are lots of players who take less to play for certain teams.

Lets not forget that he was guaranteed 20 million and 25 million of his contract had to be paid in the first three years. Front loaded. This for a WR that was good but not great.

Seems like he is interested based on his last tweet. I think he could still be a productive slot at age 31.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StevieJohnson13

I think he wants a hat. Any hat.

And he figures if the Bills were willing to pay Anquan Boldin $1.75 million after his last season in Detroit showed 36 ypg, 8.7 ypr, 70.5% catch, then maybe they'd like to toss a little $$ the way of Stevie J, whose last season with Sandy Eggo saw 49.7 ypg and 11 ypr, 69% catch.

There are crazier notions, actually, but I'd like to see us look further and harder. SFO and SD may have taught Stevie a new work ethic that involved blocking hard and being willing to take a hit and fight for extra yards or come back to the ball - or not.

I'm not sure how substantially below he was. What did you peg his market value at?

Stevie Johnson is the only receiver who ever dropped a pass. Fact.

It wasn't the big drops in the spotlight that made me dislike the guy, it was the constant excuses and lack of personal accountability.

God, the throw was off, the way my body was turned, the catch was harder than it looked, and so on.

But I say bring him back, so we're one player closer to a top five pick in 2018.