Looks Like DeShone Kizer is Going to Be the Browns Starter

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they have enough faith in him this year so that they don't select a QB next year.

+1.

Ideal situation would be the Browns getting the number 1 pick and Kizer having shown signs of being the guy. Then they would feel comfortable trading down with a team that could give them a bunch of picks...

+1.

Ideal situation would be the Browns getting the number 1 pick and Kizer having shown signs of being the guy. Then they would feel comfortable trading down with a team that could give them a bunch of picks...

they already have 12 picks and 5 in the first 2 rounds. If Kizer is the real deal, they will dominate for years to come. Under any circumstances, I don't see them going for a QB in 2018.

+1.

Or Bills finish at 2-3 overall. Darnold and Rosen come out.

Browns pass on QB. Bills get pick of Darnold or Rosen.

Perfect scenario.

they already have 12 picks and 5 in the first 2 rounds. If Kizer is the real deal, they will dominate for years to come. Under any circumstances, I don't see them going for a QB in 2018.

The browns can prove rebuilding works, if done right.

buffalo needs to follow this, IMO.

Draft picks mean nothing if they aren't used correctly.

The Browns had 14 picks in 2016, and so far, they have gotten virtually nothing out of that draft class.

It's early, but from what I understand, only 2-3 of those picks are even slated to start this year.

Jabrill Peppers stood out to me as a KR. The kid can fly. Had one long one called back. I think he will get some PT on defense for sure. Myles Garrett appears to be as advertised. They're finally putting things together in Cleveland, IMO. Similar to that Beane is trying to accomplish in Buffalo right now.

I like what they are doing in Cleveland. There's a lot of talent on that roster it's just young. I said it the other day but I'd trade the Bills roster for the Browns all day. They have a really good OL, a few stud pass rushers, young stud WR and TE, a good RB, and a young QB with a chance. Additionally they have a bunch more draft picks to use. If Kizer is the guy they are on their way. They will be able to use their picks on a stud CB, another LB and one more weapon.

Draft picks mean nothing if they aren't used correctly.

The Browns had 14 picks in 2016, and so far, they have gotten virtually nothing out of that draft class.

It's early, but from what I understand, only 2-3 of those picks are even slated to start this year.

Disagree draft picks mean everything to rebuilding teams.

And by used correctly, you mean get lucky?

This whole notion of how to use a draft pick correctly is nonsense. No one has any idea of what players are going to turn out. it's a shot in the dark routinely.

I like what they are doing in Cleveland. There's a lot of talent on that roster it's just young. I said it the other day but I'd trade the Bills roster for the Browns all day. They have a really good OL, a few stud pass rushers, young stud WR and TE, a good RB, and a young QB with a chance. Additionally they have a bunch more draft picks to use. If Kizer is the guy they are on their way. They will be able to use their picks on a stud CB, another LB and one more weapon.

Plus they will have zero money spent for a few years, so they will be able to hand out massive FA deals on a 2-3 year basis.

They have done some amazing things in Cleveland.

if Kizer pans out I could see the browns being a playoff team as early as this year.

Jabrill Peppers stood out to me as a KR. The kid can fly. Had one long one called back. I think he will get some PT on defense for sure. Myles Garrett appears to be as advertised. They're finally putting things together in Cleveland, IMO. Similar to that Beane is trying to accomplish in Buffalo right now.

What fun it would be to have a decade of rust belt dominance from Buffalo, Cleveland, Chicago and Minnesota. Sub zero temps, ice and snow, and gale force winds. Old school football played by the new generation of young guns. Gotta love it.

Big Notre Dame fan and watching him over two years there he reminded me a lot of E.J, Manuel. Big, good arm, athletic but just made a lot of bad throws and poor decisions. That said, I wasnt high on him coming out.. We will see I suppose.

I will say I love what the Browns have done over the last few years. I was actually excited to watch them Monday and I never watch NFL Preseason outside of the Bills. They were fun to watch on defense, really flying around. Peppers looks like a good pick as well.