Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

You Tankers need to relax.

This Team is an injury or two away from a complete dumpster fire. And guess what....they're are ALWAYS injuries in football. No trades are necessary to assure a total disaster in 2017.

Go Bills

In other words, the tank is likely to take care of itself this year, without any real need to plan for it.

Sad, but highly possible.

:lol:

I see lots of these "tank" threads... And people claiming to love the "plan" the FO has. But, who says there's any plan whatseoever? And where did this notion come from that we could dump all the good players from the team, lose alot of games, get the #1 pick, draft best QB ever. Then win in 2018 with rookie QB and a roster full of no other good players?? And why does anyone have any faith in this FO to suddenly start picking star players? They have zero teack record with picking good players or coaching them into a winning team.

I think the drought has turned this fanbase from an intellegent, football-loving group. To peopel that think the off season is more fun than the football season. It's really perhaps the most pathetic thing I've seen...when a large portion of the fan base has completely given up on the season in August and is looking forward to next year's draft. This is what ..we've.. all become. We don't eve nhave hope anymore.

So far all I can see from the current coach and FO is they've taken the last thing we Bills fans had to cling to. We can't even hope to compete like a decent team any more.

I see lots of these "tank" threads... And people claiming to love the "plan" the FO has. But, who says there's any plan whatseoever? And where did this notion come from that we could dump all the good players from the team, lose alot of games, get the #1 pick, draft best QB ever. Then win in 2018 with rookie QB and a roster full of no other good players?? And why does anyone have any faith in this FO to suddenly start picking star players? They have zero teack record with picking good players or coaching them into a winning team.

I think the drought has turned this fanbase from an intellegent, football-loving group. To peopel that think the off season is more fun than the football season. It's really perhaps the most pathetic thing I've seen...when a large portion of the fan base has completely given up on the season in August and is looking forward to next year's draft. This is what ..we've.. all become. We don't eve nhave hope anymore.

So far all I can see from the current coach and FO is they've taken the last thing we Bills fans had to cling to. We can't even hope to compete like a decent team any more.

Are you one of the peopel that is no longer intellegent?

i'm not mentally in on the tank this season, but if it was to go down, i don't have any real problem with it anymore.

Exactly Teef. Embrace the rebuild (tank) whatever you want to call it. In 2 or 3 years I see Brady & Belichick gone. This is absolutely the perfect time to do this. Pray the Jets don't land Darnold. Pray either Peterman or Tyrod step up. It's been 17 yrs. What's another year among friends.

Yup. It's a complete Loser mindset. It's almost like a personality disorder for some people.... they rationalize in their minds that tanking the season provides more hope for the future, while getting them through a miserable season.

In reality, it guarantees nothing, further creates a culture of losing, drives off the fanbase and makes no players want to sign here as free agents.

Not to mention that it has never worked.

This year we traded, let go or did not sign Gilmore, Darby, our best 2 corners. All of our Wrs, watkins, woods, goodwin, hunter. We let a young talent we could have used like Kujo at LT, who played well last year. Z. Brown after a pro bowl season. Mike gilisslee, nickel Roby was decent. That is not a formula for winning. Why? To accumulate draft picks which are like lottery tickets to find talent, when you already had talent that you will be now playing the lottery to replace. Makes no sense to me. This team is a lot worse off than we was talent wise

You're delusional. This will be a very competitive team. Shady still has a few years left of being the best RB in the league. Would be crazy to trade him.

Competitive meaning we lose a lot of close games or in the playoffs competitive? I'm not interest in losing 9 or 10 games by single digits just so we can feel good about how we were competitive. That's gotten us nowhere. I'm not pounding the table for a tank job but I also don't want to see us scratch and claw our way to a 6-10 or 7-9 record either. If we're going to be bad then let's really be bad and get a top pick.

Edited by Bangarang

Competitive meaning we lose a lot of close games or in the playoffs competitive? I'm not interest in losing 9 or 10 games by single digits just so we can feel good about how we were competitive. That's gotten us nowhere. I'm not pounding the table for a tank job but I also don't want to see us scratch and claw our way to a 6-10 or 7-9 record either. If we're going to be bad then let's really be bad and get a top pick.

This is pretty much how I feel at this point. I use to argue against tanking, but if they are going to suck this is the year to suck for them. I never had a lot of faith in this season from the get go. Usually I am fired up right about now, but I am not feeling it this year.

This year we traded, let go or did not sign Gilmore, Darby, our best 2 corners. All of our Wrs, watkins, woods, goodwin, hunter. We let a young talent we could have used like Kujo at LT, who played well last year. Z. Brown after a pro bowl season. Mike gilisslee, nickel Roby was decent. That is not a formula for winning. Why? To accumulate draft picks which are like lottery tickets to find talent, when you already had talent that you will be now playing the lottery to replace. Makes no sense to me. This team is a lot worse off than we was talent wise

I liked Nickell but he was a mismatch waiting to happen.

gronkowski.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

parker-56-yards.gif?w=860

I just don't see how we're worse off than last year. Our offense will mostly look the same I think. It's up to McDermott to get the defense back to where it should be. This year lives and dies on the schemes and game management.

I liked Nickell but he was a mismatch waiting to happen.

gronkowski.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

parker-56-yards.gif?w=860

We should have beaten Miami twice last year, probably the Steelers too. We were so close to playoffs last year. We need the defense to not allow 200 yard rushers and to tackle. Based on what I've seen we should do that. I don't get where people are thinking we're the Browns, 49ers, or Jets. There's no sense in trying to compete with them for the tank, we're a much better team than that.

And how many for the Bills over that span?

No, I SUPPORTED the trade of Watkins.

IDC how much talent you have elsewhere on the field. You're not winning ANYTHING of significance with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

Sorry about that. My bad. You're probably correct. Then the real issue is whether or not TT can be serviceable running the scheme that will be used going forward. There can be some significant development of the rest of the offensive players that will be here long term if he - or another QB on the roster - can do that.

I just don't see how we're worse off than last year. Our offense will mostly look the same I think. It's up to McDermott to get the defense back to where it should be. This year lives and dies on the schemes and game management.

We should have beaten Miami twice last year, probably the Steelers too. We were so close to playoffs last year. We need the defense to not allow 200 yard rushers and to tackle. Based on what I've seen we should do that. I don't get where people are thinking we're the Browns, 49ers, or Jets. There's no sense in trying to compete with them for the tank, we're a much better team than that.

How do you claim this with over 200 yards rushing given up in each game?

What have you seen that would make you think the O will look mostly the same? It's a completely different scheme ( WCO that doesn't play to TT's strengths) , completely different set of WRs, and a new blocking scheme for the OL. While one could conclude that the Bills should have beaten Miami twice , they DID allow 200 TDs rushing and tackled poorly. In short, they lost because they were BAD at football. The LBs on this team are weak, and the secondary looks suspect. They will depend on relentless pressure from the front four to stop teams. The DL is less talented than they were in 2014 under Schwartz. I'm not expecting to see that team upfront.

How do you claim this with over 200 yards rushing given up in each game?

Well that's my point. We shouldn't give up 200 yard rushers, ever. We have better talent than that. We only lost those games because of how bad our run defense was. So when people say "we should tank!" I'm sitting here thinking we're only a couple improvements away from the wildcard, and we should instead just try and make those improvements.

What have you seen that would make you think the O will look mostly the same? It's a completely different scheme ( WCO that doesn't play to TT's strengths) , completely different set of WRs, and a new blocking scheme for the OL. While one could conclude that the Bills should have beaten Miami twice , they DID allow 200 TDs rushing and tackled poorly. In short, they lost because they were BAD at football. The LBs on this team are weak, and the secondary looks suspect. They will depend on relentless pressure from the front four to stop teams. The DL is less talented than they were in 2014 under Schwartz. I'm not expecting to see that team upfront.

I just mean production wise. I think the run game will be as good as last year, and passing game can't really have worse production so that's a wash. I could see the passing game stepping up but I'm not making any predictions about it. But if the defense improves we should be fine. Losing Sammy doesn't make the offense worse than it was last year and I don't think losing Darby makes a difference either because he was abused all year long. We're much closer to a wildcard spot than we are the #1 overall pick. So why tank? Try and make the playoffs. If we don't it's because the coaches didn't do a good enough job. We have about the same level of talent as any other wildcard contender IMO.