Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

Trade McCoy tomorrow. Don't fear the repercussions from a bunch of whining fans. Do what's right for the team. Complete the tank, compete for first overall. It's THAT important. I think the FO could get at least a second for McCoy. To have 2 firsts, 3 seconds and 2 thirds would make a whole lot more sense than competing for 4-12. DO IT.

I would be very curious to see what we could get for McCoy, Tyrod, Eric Wood, and Hughes. None of which will be on our team next year most likely anyhow so might as well get something so Beane can get the player he wants. Remember, they are building a TEAM not collecting talent!

Great, another thread on tanking. Any Bills and Sabres fans here ever want a winning team or just a lot of draft picks?

I'm not a pro-tank person because people are paying very good money to watch the team play. However how has being mediocre for the past 17 years worked out for the Bills?

Is trading away young, good talented players to get to 4 wins productive?

Hell no. It's an extremely dumb concept some fans want because they think all you need is a good QB to win.

You can be good AND draft a QB you know? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

:lol:

Because history tells you that? Come on man.

Let's trade Dareus while we are at it. Hell, trade Tre White for a 2nd.

More draft picks! Less winning!

Is trading away young, good talented players to get to 4 wins productive?

Hell no. It's an extremely dumb concept some fans want because they think all you need is a good QB to win.

You can be good AND draft a QB you know? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Not one person I mentioned fit the young category. They will be looking to get rid of the big contract players who are older. It's the obvious move for a team that is rebuilding. They can't get rid of Dareus because of the cap hit and Tre White is on a rookie deal so stop with the nonsense.

Trade McCoy tomorrow. Don't fear the repercussions from a bunch of whining fans. Do what's right for the team. Complete the tank, compete for first overall. It's THAT important. I think the FO could get at least a second for McCoy. To have 2 firsts, 3 seconds and 2 thirds would make a whole lot more sense than competing for 4-12. DO IT.

No no no no no! Even if I believed in tanking, this is the absolute WORST year in which to do it. 4-12 could very well put you behind the Jets, Bears, Rams, 49ers, Browns, you never can tell just what the Jaguars are going to do, and probably some surprise team not even on our radar.

Unless the Boldin move is b/c he heard something, we are not tanking, and this is hardly the awful team some are making it out to be, even based on the lousy, sloppy pre-season games (where we ran at will and the first-team defense looked stout).

:lol:

Because history tells you that? Come on man.

Yes, like when the Colts fell apart and drafted Luck and have been to how many Super Bowls with him?

Probably more inportantly, there is virtually no chance they'll be good or even decent this season.

Bull. They have an issue with one WR position right now. I agree they should not have traded Sammy. But that means you have Jones and Mathews at the WR spot, and Holmes if they go three wide. One position.

The most critical thing they need right now is not another WR, but to get Cory Glenn back on the field. They have him on the field (and start Miller instead of farting around with Ducasse) and your have the same guys blocking and the same RB running and the same QB running that gave them an offense in the top ten last year.

If the D keeps showing as well as they have thus far in preseason, then that fixes what was the major problem last year, and thus there's no reason to go around with all this doom and gloom about them not having a chance to be decent.

It is one WR. Get some perspective.

I'm not a guy that wants the team to tank on purpose but I'd be ok with it honestly. I can't see this team winning more than 4 to 6 games so what's the point.

Stockpile draft picks. Fight for first overall. Gm better know what he is doing in the draft though.

I'm not a pro-tank person because people are paying very good money to watch the team play. However how has being mediocre for the past 17 years worked out for the Bills?

It hasn't but recovering from a 2-14 season is not easy.....vets on the team now will have to be replaced in 2 years...can't have all 1st and 2nd year players on the roster

Probably more inportantly, there is virtually no chance they'll be good or even decent this season.

Why? How are they appreciably worse than they were last year. Gilmore and Darby were inconsistent. Watkins barely played. Plus, the removal of the Ryan Bros might be a plus.

I'm not saying they might not be awful whatever they do (it's quite possible), but to say there is "virtually no chance they'll be good or even decent this season" feels way hyperbolic. There's still our running game and the defense is looking really good so far and still has a ton of talent.

It just feels like any of the last few seasons where there's a large segment of the board saying there's no way we'll do better than 5-11 and we wind up somewhere around .500.