Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

So strip the team of ALL talent and then got out and spend all those draft picks on one player so that one player is on a crap team? #Brilliant *sarcasm*

I will assume you think Andrew Luck is a good QB. I will assume you think Drew Brees is a good QB. Ask them how having a talentless roster around them does for their playoff hopes.

I mean DREW FREAKING BREES hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 6 straight years. Or how about Philip Rivers...when was the last time he was in the playoffs? Seriously, thank god the FO isn't as dumb as all these get rid of everyone threads who are too short sighted to understand anything past the current season or how to actually build a football team.

Not all of the talent. I never said that. Just Shady. He's a waste at this point and time.

Your logic and reasoning will fall on deaf ears....

17 seasons and some of you still aren't tired of spinning your wheels.

Edited by Chicken Boo

Not all of the talent. I never said that. Just Shady. He's a waste at this point and time.

Geezus christ...ENOUGH already about the 17 seasons! READ CAREFULLY: IT HAS LITERALLY ZERO RELEVANCE IN REGARDS TO THIS CURRENT ROSTER, FRONT OFFICE, AND COACHING STAFF....ZERO...NOT A DECIMAL OF A FRACTION MORE...LITERALLY ZERO.

So keep wallowing in the past and let that dictate the present all you want. But the mistakes of PREVIOUS regimes has no relevance on this regime and THEIR CURRENT PLAN for the team. So to dictate what they do because of the failings of past regimes is not only stupid, but illogical and a mistake.

Not trying to single you out, but I am so sick of the wallowing about the past as if this regime had any role in it and people wanting to self destruct to somehow over come things that already happened rather than make the best decisions moving forward.

NEWS FLASH: This roster is pretty good...there is NO REASON to remove our talent when we have 6 (and possibly more with potential comp picks) in the first 3 rounds next year already where we can actually ADD talent to a roster with some pretty good talent already on it. We are not that far away UNLESS you remove all our talent and make us be far away from competing like several of you are suggesting in this thread.

Just don't want to see 2-14 for the next couple of years...already been through it and it's ugly.....there is no optimism, no excitement...nothing to look forward to

I know where you're coming from but here's the problem:

1) Jets

2) San Francisco

3) Cleveland

4) Jacksonville

You have to be ahead of at least two of those teams in the draft order in order to ensure securing a franchise QB prospect. If you wait until mid-season it's already too late, and all the draft capital would need to be spent, if they're willing to accept the trade of picks at all. Tank.

Jax isn't that bad. They're pretty talented and are likely to win 6 games.

I'm older. I want to win NOW. So if that means I'm only happy for 6 or 7 Sunday's this year so be it. Trade all the freakin' draft picks to move up to #1 or #2 if they must. But don't sell off ALL the best players just for hope and a prayer.

BTW- a few years ago our owner already signed off on a legit tank job for the Sabres. They have paid a painful and heavy price and are still not even close to building the team back up to where is once was (or where it needs to be to compete in the playoffs). There's not a chance in he!! that Pegula is signing off again for the Bills to do it.

This team will not be competitive in 2017. All 6-10 does is raise the price on the QB they're targeting.

Trade Shady, do this thing right and go balls out in the 2018 draft.

I'm sick and !@#$ing tired of this middling b.s.!

The tank ship sailed when Pegula fired Rex.

You don't tank after you hire the head coach you want to keep. Fans will be calling for McDermott's head.

I'm older. I want to win NOW. So if that means I'm only happy for 6 or 7 Sunday's this year so be it. Trade all the freakin' draft picks to move up to #1 or #2 if they must. But don't sell off ALL the best players just for hope and a prayer.

BTW- a few years ago our owner already signed off on a legit tank job for the Sabres. They have paid a painful and heavy price and are still not even close to building the team back up to where is once was (or where it needs to be to compete in the playoffs). There's not a chance in he!! that Pegula is signing off again for the Bills to do it.

and he fired the GM and coach in charge of turning the team around....

Hughes is old?

He's in his prime and is a very productive pass rusher.

You don't give that away for a draft pick, but wouldn't shock me given the mentality of this new regime. "Anything for more draft picks!"

I think the logic might be to have a nucleus all come up together on their rookie contracts.If they are gonna tank it should be players of value should get as much as they can in draft picks now this way a young group of good players can be good in 3 or 4 yrs when all these players in their prime ( Hughes Shady etc.) Will be on the downside. If you look at the bills over the drought whenever they had 3 or 4 studs they would let them walk instead of resigning to long term deals. Bean is looking to have a huge part of the roster be in their rookie contracts all together you heard him say that on Murph's talk show a while back. The problem is going to be trying to sell it to the season ticket holders.

Geezus christ...ENOUGH already about the 17 seasons! READ CAREFULLY: IT HAS LITERALLY ZERO RELEVANCE IN REGARDS TO THIS CURRENT ROSTER, FRONT OFFICE, AND COACHING STAFF....ZERO...NOT A DECIMAL OF A FRACTION MORE...LITERALLY ZERO.

So keep wallowing in the past and let that dictate the present all you want. But the mistakes of PREVIOUS regimes has no relevance on this regime and THEIR CURRENT PLAN for the team. So to dictate what they do because of the failings of past regimes is not only stupid, but illogical and a mistake.

Fair enough, but my point still stands.

This team is NOT close and by the time it is, Shady will be past his prime. I'm only suggesting trading McCoy, not Dareus and Hughes like others have proposed and yes, I understand that he's a top 5 back.

Shady is the best player on the team and makes the Bills somewhat watchable this year but that's it. It's unfortunate, but LeSean is not going to be a Bill by the time they get their **** together.

I feel really bad for Kyle. He came back for nothing.

WOW - Shady is a waste? Amazing evaluator of talent.

Here's my thoughts: It's not a tank, nor should it be. To acquire the first pick in the draft (most are assuming it should be a QB) guarantees you nothing!! How many 1st and 2nd overall QB picks have turned into successful franchise QBs? Reminder me where Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott were picked?

I'd actually be happier with OL picks for the 1st round (build the OL like Dallas has done), then get you a QB and stud WR.

But, for 2017, there's enough talent on this team to make a strong push for the playoffs. Jet and Dolphins are gonna suck bad this year. That's 4 games. Take care of the Patriots and we're in. KEEP SHADY! If Tyrod struggles, get don't hesitate on putting in Peterman.

So why trade a Sammy Watkins for a draft pick?

They either truly believe they are better off and can win without him(and completely wrong)or are 100% full of it.

or they figured he was going to walk at the end of the year and got what they could from him.

Fair enough, but my point still stands.

This team is NOT close and by the time it is, Shady will be past his prime. I'm only suggesting trading McCoy, not Dareus and Hughes like others have proposed and yes, I understand that he's a top 5 back.

Shady is the best player on the team and makes the Bills somewhat watchable this year but that's it. It's unfortunate, but LeSean is not going to be a Bill by the time they get their **** together.

I feel really bad for Kyle. He came back for nothing.

this is what I'm saying. Trade McCoy, get a 2 (hopefully) and trade Taylor for a bag of footballs.

That would ensure a top 3 draft pick, I think.

I'd hope.

But knowing our luck, Preston Brown would become the second coming of LT and lead us to 6 wins on his own >.>

Edited by joesixpack

So why trade a Sammy Watkins for a draft pick?

They either truly believe they are better off and can win without him(and completely wrong)or are 100% full of it.

They weren't lying when they said it was a tough decision. You could see the look on McDermott's face that he still wasn't completely sold. But they knew there was no way they were re-signing him. So if you know that you don't have the roster to win the Super Bowl this season, then what's the point of keeping him?

"I know where you're coming from but here's the problem:

1) Jets

2) San Francisco

3) Cleveland

4) Jacksonville

You have to be ahead of at least two of those teams in the draft order in order to ensure securing a franchise QB prospect. If you wait until mid-season it's already too late, and all the draft capital would need to be spent, if they're willing to accept the trade of picks at all. Tank."

Of those teams only the Jets are likely a guaranteed dumpster fire. The others could be decent if things break a certain way. Every season there are teams that are going to suck who turn out good and teams that should be good that turn out to suck. Nothing is certain.

Then, factor in the a top drafted QB is still no lock to succeed. For every first round QB to do well, 5 have crashed and burned.

Tanking before the season even starts is foolishness.

or they figured he was going to walk at the end of the year and got what they could from him.

Just ask Redskins fans. They kinda knew Desean Jackson would not resign, and were bummed they didn't trade him and get some value, instead he just leaves. Watkins would have left. He didn't like Buffalo that much and also... the team was betting he's always one tweak away from missing half the season.

I know where you're coming from but here's the problem:

1) Jets

2) San Francisco

3) Cleveland

4) Jacksonville

You have to be ahead of at least two of those teams in the draft order in order to ensure securing a franchise QB prospect. If you wait until mid-season it's already too late, and all the draft capital would need to be spent, if they're willing to accept the trade of picks at all. Tank.

That's what people don't understand.

A lot of teams are in the QB market. If we win meaningless games, we will miss the cream of the crop.

"I know where you're coming from but here's the problem:

1) Jets

2) San Francisco

3) Cleveland

4) Jacksonville

You have to be ahead of at least two of those teams in the draft order in order to ensure securing a franchise QB prospect. If you wait until mid-season it's already too late, and all the draft capital would need to be spent, if they're willing to accept the trade of picks at all. Tank."

Of those teams only the Jets are likely a guaranteed dumpster fire. The others could be decent if things break a certain way. Every season there are teams that are going to suck who turn out good and teams that should be good that turn out to suck. Nothing is certain.

Then, factor in the a top drafted QB is still no lock to succeed. For every first round QB to do well, 5 have crashed and burned.

Tanking before the season even starts is foolishness.

Perhaps, but my worst case scenario is a 6 win season.

Fighting for anything other than 2 wins or 10 wins is failure.

Honest opinion: do you see this roster winning 10 games and making the playoffs?