Madden 18 Sim, Bills win East

mjd1001

Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/madden-nfl-18-review-simulation-dak-wins-mvp-without-zeke-patriots-dont-win-afc-east/

CBS sports sims the entire year using madden, Bills finished ahead of the Pats and won the division.

Some highlights:

In much less surprising news than during last year's sim, the Atlanta Falcons went 13-3 to secure the best record in the league. The second best record belonged to ....... (wait for it) .... the Buffalo Bills! The Bills, Titans, Ravens, Patriots, Chargers and Raiders made the AFC playoffs -- in that order. On the NFC side of things, the Falcons secured the No. 1 seed, while the Seahawks were No. 2. The Eagles, Saints, Packers and Cowboys followed in order.

Confused about, you know, the Bills beating the Patriots, I did some statistical investigation. LeSean McCoy was No. 7 in the MVP voting (although Blake Bortleswas No. 8, so red flags are flying everywhere).

The Bills-Patriots thing is just impossible to understand. If I told you the Bills won 11 games and the Patriots didn't win the division, you would assume both Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo were kidnapped by a crazed Rex Ryan and held hostage for months somewhere in Bristol. Nope. Brady threw for 5,355 passing yards and 34 touchdowns while completing 75 percent of his passes. Even wilder? Tyrod Taylorhad 2,069 yards, 16 touchdowns and five interceptions. Nate Peterman had 2,051 yards, 15 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Edited by mjd1001

I believe in the Madden curse. Brady...it's coming for you!!

on the plus side, this prediction also makes optimistic. yup, this is what being a bills fan has reduced me to.

At some point Brady is going to slow down (unless of course the Pats are still finding a way to cheat and have the offense know what the D is going to do). I'm not sure if it is this year, or next year, but that offense isn't going to be dominant with him at the helm for 5 more years.

Well I'm convinced. In fact, I'm goin to Vegas!

EDIT: to play in one of those idiotic "e sports" tournaments that is. I'm choosing all Bills.

Slightly off Topic, but I have tried to watch some of the 'e sports' tournaments or matches on TV. Whether it was madden or a tournament with something like starcraft. When I used to play video games a lot in the past, I LIKED watching othe people (family or friends who were over) play, so I thought it might be interesting to watch the 'pros' do it. BUT, there is something about the presentation of it on TV that is awful. Its hard to watch.

I've been playing Madden like crazy this last month, nice to have my fake Bills make the playoffs every year.

I've been playing Madden18 since last night. Got it a week early. I liked our videogame team better pretrades but its still fun with JMatt, Zay & Boldin. Shady & Dimarco are both 3rd best at their positions.

Tyrod is unstoppable in the open field.

At some point Brady is going to slow down (unless of course the Pats are still finding a way to cheat and have the offense know what the D is going to do). I'm not sure if it is this year, or next year, but that offense isn't going to be dominant with him at the helm for 5 more years.

I've read the blueprint of how you easypeasy stop Tom every single time on BBMB and 2BD at least 100 times over the years.

They have it all figured out.

Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/madden-nfl-18-review-simulation-dak-wins-mvp-without-zeke-patriots-dont-win-afc-east/

CBS sports sims the entire year using madden, Bills finished ahead of the Pats and won the division.

Some highlights:

In much less surprising news than during last year's sim, the Atlanta Falcons went 13-3 to secure the best record in the league. The second best record belonged to ....... (wait for it) .... the Buffalo Bills! The Bills, Titans, Ravens, Patriots, Chargers and Raiders made the AFC playoffs -- in that order. On the NFC side of things, the Falcons secured the No. 1 seed, while the Seahawks were No. 2. The Eagles, Saints, Packers and Cowboys followed in order.

Confused about, you know, the Bills beating the Patriots, I did some statistical investigation. LeSean McCoy was No. 7 in the MVP voting (although Blake Bortleswas No. 8, so red flags are flying everywhere).

The Bills-Patriots thing is just impossible to understand. If I told you the Bills won 11 games and the Patriots didn't win the division, you would assume both Tom Brady and Jimmy Garoppolo were kidnapped by a crazed Rex Ryan and held hostage for months somewhere in Bristol. Nope. Brady threw for 5,355 passing yards and 34 touchdowns while completing 75 percent of his passes. Even wilder? Tyrod Taylorhad 2,069 yards, 16 touchdowns and five interceptions. Nate Peterman had 2,051 yards, 15 touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Sweet. Maybe we should just watch those games

Well I'm convinced. In fact, I'm goin to Vegas!

EDIT: to play in one of those idiotic "e sports" tournaments that is. I'm choosing all Bills.

If going to Vegas I feel taking Cleveland to win their division is great odds. Put $50 on the Browns at 80-1!!! It's not like any team in that division is dominant.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19443674/nfl-odds-win-every-division-2017

Edited by Dante