Rosen may not enter 18' draft and that is ok

KellyToughII

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again show me any proof otherwise it is fake

I got it your a Baker Mayfield fan but no need to try and tear down a good QB

And i notice Baker Mayfield in your mind doesnt have character issues right. How is that

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18764103/oklahoma-sooners-quarterback-baker-mayfield-arrested

http://es.pn/2moOf6P

Bobby why do you defend this kid? UCLA Fan or just a liberal backing another liberal, or a family member? I mean you post so hard about this kid I cant tell but damn it must be something along those lines. Mayfield, Never said he didn't have an issue, find where I did. I even made fun how how Barry Switzer said his old QB's wouldn't have gotten ran down like Baker did.

I don't mind debating, but you seem to be taking Rosen to heart personally, why is that?

I think that these guys are going to go the "safe" route on QB. If they are moving on from an adequate starting QB they aren't going to take a boom or bust guy that could end up like EJ. They are going to want a guy that has played in a pro system and has taken a lot of snaps. They will look for a little longer resume and someone with as few questions as possible. Rosen has just felt like that guy.

On cue.....I was literally just talking about Darnold and Rosen dodging the 2018 draft the other day.

Well.......they can always trade their two 2018 first round picks for more draft equity in 2019 and wait Darnold and Rosen out.........they can run but.......well........they can't play college ball for 5 years......right? :cry:

I kid.......but the looming reality of $30M QB's is going to be that they are going to start dictating where they play.

The Elway and Eli instances of the past are one thing........but Kirk Cousins is the real beginning of this trend.

What he is doing would have been UNHEARD of 3-4 years ago.

This trend is BAD news for anyone expecting the Bills to acquire an anointed great college QB..........they would be much better served in the long run IMO if they can find their own Russ Wilson-chip-on-shoulder type and develop them.

That means what it always means for me........taking lots of shots at QB's.

But IMO, Darnold or Rosen agreeing to play in windy, cold, Buffalo for the downtrodden Bills is a resolute NOT LIKELY.

Bobby why do you defend this kid? UCLA Fan or just a liberal backing another liberal, or a family member? I mean you post so hard about this kid I cant tell but damn it must be something along those lines. Mayfield, Never said he didn't have an issue, find where I did. I even made fun how how Barry Switzer said his old QB's wouldn't have gotten ran down like Baker did.

I don't mind debating, but you seem to be taking Rosen to heart personally, why is that?

Because i think it is idiotic to say something that is just not true.

This conversation could have been about any QB. It is a weak minded argument the only way to prop the guy you want is to post falsehoods about another.

And cool glad you got the good old other weak minded liberal comment in your post

On cue.....I was literally just talking about Darnold and Rosen dodging the 2018 draft the other day.

Well.......they can always trade their two 2018 first round picks for more draft equity in 2019 and wait Darnold and Rosen out.........they can run but.......well........they can't play college ball for 5 years......right? :cry:

I kid.......but the looming reality of $30M QB's is going to be that they are going to start dictating where they play.

The Elway and Eli instances of the past are one thing........but Kirk Cousins is the real beginning of this trend.

This trend is BAD news for anyone expecting the Bills to acquire an anointed great college QB..........they would be much better served in the long run IMO if they can find their own Russ Wilson-chip-on-shoulder type and develop them.

But IMO, Darnold or Rosen agreeing to play in windy, cold, Buffalo for the downtrodden Bills is a resolute NOT LIKELY.

With all Rosen's comments of NCAA and indentured servitude he isnt going back to college specially once he gets his degree this year

Edited by MAJBobby

Because i think it is idiotic to say something that is just not true.

This conversation could have been about any QB. It is a weak minded argument the only way to prop the guy you want is to post falsehoods about another.

And cool glad you got the good old other weak minded liberal comment in your post

Sorry I call BS, he is just some college QB it doesn't matter on a Message board if I said I knew it was fact or not. You are defending someone like you know them personally so something must be there.

I like mayfield, I am an OU Fan, but I know the kid has faults. If someone said they thought, allegedly, that he had X issues who cares?

Rosen, Etal do not mean spit to us right now, they are just college QB's we are talking about. And if you look at the posts I said Allegedly, I never said I KNEW or it was FACT.

But a Fact for you, I don't need to prop up anyone, their work speaks for its self. I don't tear down a guy to build up another and YES rosens Attitude has brought the spotlight on him that too is fact.

Edited by KellyToughII

Sorry I call BS, he is just some college QB it doesn't matter on a Message board if I said I knew it was fact or not. You are defending someone like you know them personally so something must be there.

I like mayfield, I am an OU Fan, but I know the kid has faults. If someone said they thought, allegedly, that he had X issues who cares?

Rosen, Etal do not mean spit to us right now, they are just college QB's we are talking about. And if you look at the posts I said Allegedly, I never said I KNEW or it was FACT.

But a Fact for you, I don't need to prop up anyone, their work speaks for its self. I don't tear down a guy to build up another and YES rosens Attitude has brought the spotlight on him that too is fact.

Calling out the NCAA is what brought the spotlight on him. He is 100% correct by the way.

No but just say with all the talk about Character no way Bills draft him. So i asked what character issues and still have yet yo post any.

I am not holding my breath though all good

With all Rosen's comments of NCAA and indentured servitude he isnt going back to college specially once he gets his degree this year

Either way there is a snowball's chance he'd agree to play for Buffalo.

Times are a-changin' Bobby.

The NFL wanted to make themselves into a star QB-or-else league and they will have to deal with QB's increasingly dictating terms the way NBA superstars do in a league where there are twice as many teams as superstars.

With the current on-field protections......these QB's can realistically expect 15 year careers if they choose...... so the "get it while you can because it could end any day" thing that motivates other positions to TAKE THE DEAL......does not apply.

You want me to come play QB for your bad team with your defensive-minded coach with no offensive playmakers? How about NO? Trade me down the board to this situation or that.

Either way there is a snowball's chance he'd agree to play for Buffalo.

Times are a-changin' Bobby.

The NFL wanted to make themselves into a star QB-or-else league and they will have to deal with QB's increasingly dictating terms the way NBA superstars do in a league where there are twice as many teams as superstars.

With the current on-field protections......these QB's can realistically expect 15 year careers if they choose...... so the "get it while you can because it could end any day" thing that motivates other positions to TAKE THE DEAL......does not apply.

You want me to come play QB for your bad team with your defensive-minded coach with no offensive playmakers? How about NO? Trade me down the board to this situation or that.

It's an interesting argument, but I've seen zero evidence that it's about to become an epidemic in the league. True blue chip QBs have always tried to leverage their situation to play (or not play) for who they want (Elway, E. Manning, Luck, to some extent), but these are rare prospects, and while it might happen once in a while, I doubt it will become a regular occurrence.

Cousins is a poor example. His contract has expired and he apparently wants out of a dysfunctional organization. He's used his considerable leverage to bank $50 million the past two seasons, while putting himself in position to become the most sought after FA in league history. A rookie coming out of college simply will not have the same leverage.

Calling out the NCAA is what brought the spotlight on him. He is 100% correct by the way.

No but just say with all the talk about Character no way Bills draft him. So i asked what character issues and still have yet yo post any.

I am not holding my breath though all good

It did bring Rosen a new found spotlight, but it wasn't the first time charactor concerns were mentioned with Rosen. One scout said that Rosen has "tons of issues and is a mess off the field". Lots of signs point to Rosen being a spoiled rich kid. Arrogant intellectuals probably aren't very popular in NFL locker rooms.

It did bring Rosen a new found spotlight, but it wasn't the first time charactor concerns were mentioned with Rosen. One scout said that Rosen has "tons of issues and is a mess off the field". Lots of signs point to Rosen being a spoiled rich kid. Arrogant intellectuals probably aren't very popular in NFL locker rooms.

It's pretty odd because scouts don't even get access to the players at this point to make a judgement. So the info must be coming out from sources involved with the team.

Ooo yeah scouts dont have other motives for making statements.

I have shown his two character issues that are verified. A hottub and messing with some lawn ornaments.

And everything written since then shows a much different player

Its your standard start tearing about the QBs so we have reasons to say not draft one time of year for Bills fans

Edited by MAJBobby

It's interesting you post this...I was just thinking the other day how unlikely it would be for a QB from a major program or city to want to play from the Bills...that leaves Falk, who grew up in Utah, and Josh Allen, who plays for Wyoming...They are used to the small town lifestyle and tough weather conditions...I think they would probably fit the Bills better than the California QBs imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

Ooo yeah scouts dont have other motives for making statements.

I have shown his two character issues that are verified. A hottub and messing with some lawn ornaments.

And everything written since then shows a much different player

Its your standard start tearing about the QBs so we have reasons to say not draft one time of year for Bills fans

Nope. Actually there's a lot of other QB's I really like. Lets not pretend that these things won't be an issue, every team will deal with it when making a decision on Rosen.

It's interesting you post this...I was just thinking the other day how unlikely it would be for a QB from a major program or city would probably not want to play from the Bills...that leaves Falk, who grew up in Utah, and Josh Allen, who plays for Wyoming...They are used to the small town lifestyle and tough weather conditions...I think they would probably fit the Bills better the California QBs imo.

Falk, Allen, Mayfield, I have no issues with either of the 3.

It's interesting you post this...I was just thinking the other day how unlikely it would be for a QB from a major program or city to want to play from the Bills...that leaves Falk, who grew up in Utah, and Josh Allen, who plays for Wyoming...They are used to the small town lifestyle and tough weather conditions...I think they would probably fit the Bills better the California QBs imo.

How many QBs have tried a powerplay against the Team that drafted them in the past 20 years?

It's an interesting argument, but I've seen zero evidence that it's about to become an epidemic in the league. True blue chip QBs have always tried to leverage their situation to play (or not play) for who they want (Elway, E. Manning, Luck, to some extent), but these are rare prospects, and while it might happen once in a while, I doubt it will become a regular occurrence.

Cousins is a poor example. His contract has expired and he apparently wants out of a dysfunctional organization. He's used his considerable leverage to bank $50 million the past two seasons, while putting himself in position to become the most sought after FA in league history. A rookie coming out of college simply will not have the same leverage.

Epidemic implies that it potentially affects most.

It doesn't.

It's a looming problem for bad teams with unattractive coaches and rosters........same as it is in the NBA.

It's not like these rookies are being handed $10M per year contracts like pre-current-CBA..........which effectively blocked all but a handful of teams from trading for them.

If Darnold, Rosen and Allen have great years and are set up to go 1-2-3........and 2 of those 3 are Cleveland and Buffalo.......EXPECT fireworks from their agents.

Nope. Actually there's a lot of other QB's I really like. Lets not pretend that these things won't be an issue, every team will deal with it when making a decision on Rosen.

And he will check out. This isnt Manziel

Epidemic implies that it potentially affects most.

It doesn't.

It's a looming problem for bad teams with unattractive coaches and rosters........same as it is in the NBA.

It's not like these rookies are being handed $10M per year contracts like pre-current-CBA..........which effectively blocked all but a handful of teams from trading for them.

If Darnold, Rosen and Allen have great years and are set up to go 1-2-3........and 2 of those 3 are Cleveland and Buffalo.......EXPECT fireworks from their agents.

Beacause it has Happened a entire ONE time in the past 20 years.

These player if they declare will sign and play with the team that drafts them

I have to say Bobby he is really growing on me, I am liking this kid a ton and I think we would be able to get him. Ben R II?

Yeah that looks like his style. IMO his hype train is going to go full speed and has a very good chance at being the too QB in this class

And he will check out. This isnt Manziel

Beacause it has Happened a entire ONE time in the past 20 years.

These player if they declare will sign and play with the team that drafts them

Right because there is an Eli Manning in the draft every year.

The only QB with as much pre-season hype as Eli was Andrew Luck........who was drafted by a team who was QB-centric and had made the playoffs for like a decade straight prior to their one tank season.......so Luck had no reason to opt out.

If Darnold, Rosen and Allen make it from pre-season hype to top-o'-the-draft status and Buff/Clev have them in their crosshairs then expect their agents to try to dictate terms and 29 other teams lined up to take them off the Bills hands.

And of course.......expect Bills fans to be outraged...... and then thrilled with the trade return for someone who didn't want to play in Buffalo. They had no choice! :beer:

Honestly, I would have no problems with Buffalo trading up to get this kid.

If he plays that well then me neither.

His agent......he might have a problem with it though. :flirt:

It's all relative.......if the hype train is at full speed......expect them to consider their asset to be solid gold whether it came from Wyoming or a national power.

And keep in mind Buffalo's history with regard to players who might think the other side of the grass COULD POSSIBLY be greener......they get to find out.

If he plays that well then me neither.

His agent......he might have a problem with it though. :flirt:

It's all relative.......if the hype train is at full speed......expect them to consider their asset to be solid gold whether it came from Wyoming or a national power.

And keep in mind Buffalo's history with regard to players who might think the other side of the grass COULD POSSIBLY be greener......they get to find out.

I see your point, but I think allen is a kid that would have no issue coming to Buffalo and will tell his agent where he wants to go. I do think we are going to have to trade up to get him. Right now I have him, Falk and Mayfield at the top of my list and Allen has a slight lead on the other two

JMO, but a top 1st round pick risking another year in college is a big one. Can't imagine an agent realistically recommending that. Thoughts?

It can be a $20MM decision. Out earlier is one year closer to a big payday. Factor in the risk of injury or a poor year then they will run to declare.

The reason not to is if they have a bad year. Then return and hope to light it up.

I see your point, but I think allen is a kid that would have no issue coming to Buffalo and will tell his agent where he wants to go. I do think we are going to have to trade up to get him. Right now I have him, Falk and Mayfield at the top of my list and Allen has a slight lead on the other two

Allen has a way to go as prospect.......good athlete with a big arm.......field vision, questionable........we shall see.........but QB's near the top of the draft board........they haven't really had to make that Buffalo/Cleveland decision for a long time.......and things have changed.

Allen has a way to go as prospect.......good athlete with a big arm.......field vision, questionable........we shall see.........but QB's near the top of the draft board........they haven't really had to make that Buffalo/Cleveland decision for a long time.......and things have changed.

How about Cam Newton going to a crap organization in a crappy, small-market town? He didn't make a peep.

Right because there is an Eli Manning in the draft every year.

The only QB with as much pre-season hype as Eli was Andrew Luck........who was drafted by a team who was QB-centric and had made the playoffs for like a decade straight prior to their one tank season.......so Luck had no reason to opt out.

If Darnold, Rosen and Allen make it from pre-season hype to top-o'-the-draft status and Buff/Clev have them in their crosshairs then expect their agents to try to dictate terms and 29 other teams lined up to take them off the Bills hands.

And of course.......expect Bills fans to be outraged...... and then thrilled with the trade return for someone who didn't want to play in Buffalo. They had no choice! :beer:

Cool until it starts happening more than one time in the past 20 years i am not going to stress about some fictional agent powerplay

Sure because the QBs have not had bad teams at the too of the drafts. Please

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830336/article/uclas-mora-doesnt-believe-josh-rosen-will-enter-2018-draft

I think he and others who are Jr.s might wait to see what the draft order is before declaring. I will say it again, I want Baker Mayfield. I know Lincoln Riley is going to work with him on a few more pro specific things this year. I feel the kid could be the next Favre and I think he would excel in our WCO.

Please God no.

Rosen has put himself on Radar for his attitude. Some players allegedly don't like him, he has a primadona attitude and has mouthed off in the press a couple times including recently.

As the video says, he might be the next Eli Manning including the fact he gets streaky. That said, Mayfields only two knocks are a little more accuracy on the deep ball and his one issue of actually being a drunk college student lol. I loved Barry Switzers comment "My QB's wouldn't have been caught" LMAO.

Although Bradford got hurt, he came back and went #1. Too bad it was with the Rams and they nearly got him killed and essentially ruined his career. This is why I think the top guys are now going to possibly hold off. If they see the Jets #1, I know I sure as hell wouldn't come out. :-)

Yes but the draft order doesent mean they would necessarily go in that order , a lot of teams will be moving up and down the draft board , for all we know Denver or Arizona could move all the way up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.