Still playoff caliber team if 1 thing doesn't happen

That 1 thing is injuries, specifically multiple injuries to one position group.. The tank talk is ridiculous imo. We were very competitive last year with no steady WR production and probably the most bi polar D in the league.

Taylor will be in a better scheme and have overall better talent around him than in the 16 season when we were 10th in scoring offense.

Watkins was a non factor last year, he was throwing to guys just signed that week in many cases. The positive to no Sammy is it will open the offenses targets up. Q,Matthews,Clay and Shady have all proven to be dangerous in the pass game. Zay , by all accounts is looking to be a major contributor to this offense. I'm just not worried, based on what this O did last year.

The biggest difference will be the D. Defenses can be a QB best friend and I am excited to see Taylor operate an offense with a defense that should actually help him for the first time in his starting career.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can stay healthy I like your point. I'm thinking our D improves dramatically from last year. Our special teams/kicking game gets better.

I also think our WR group is now better with Mathews, Boldin, and Jones.

I'm also thinking our Running game will be improved. I'm actually thinking Williams is going to end up being an upgrade over TD mike Gillislee. Fb's look solid and our coaching has to be better.

If this team can win 8-9 games and is loaded for the 2018 draft look out!

While everyone is worried about the WR position Im not. Zay Jones, Boldin and Mathews are my 3 wideouts. Streater looking good and I personally really like Powell.

My biggest concern isn't even Tyrod. It's the O-line. For some reason it blocks real well for the run but can't block for the pass.

Other NFL teams seem to give their QBs all day to throw. Now some of this falls in Tyrods hands. He doesn't step into the pocket or step to his right or left as well as say a Brady does. Brady's line collapses also but with just one step either forward, left or right, he buys himself another 2 seconds to scan the field. Tyrod on the other hand takes off running (which I can't blame him for. If I had his speed I'd want to run also).

If the O-line is healthy and can pass block, I believe Tyrod can make the throws needed.

Without an NFL caliber receiving corps, an OL that doesn't pass protect particularly well, and a pretty poor secondary? The playoffs are a pipdream.

Edited by SoTier

The front seven I'm good with but man I look at Denver, pats, Seattle and other secondaries and that's our weakness. But I like where you're head is at Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are facing Brady 2X, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Derek Carr, Philip Rivers....not a good time to have secondary issues.....hell, Winston, Newton and Alex freaking Smith could have great stats vs our guys.....

We'll need someone to step up big.....

Without an NFL caliber receiving corps, an OL that doesn't pass protect particularly well, and a pretty poor secondary? The playoffs are a pipdream.

We have an elite run game, much improved WR Corp and the secondary is unknown. White looks like the real deal, our S are upgraded , McD has had a lot of luck turning no name cbs into household name's and with Shaq and Adolphus looking legit on that front 4, they could make our cb job much easier.

Mainly I don't see a big gap between us and other AFC teams not named NE and Pitt and I'm a big believer in just getting in the playoffs and anything is possible

I agree. Unfortunately the injuries have started already

This :doh:

Umm... we have an NFL WR corps this year.

We didn't last year and we were still in the playoff hunt in the 2nd to last game of the season despite crap at WR and a bad D.

I expect our D to seriously improve.

If most everyone stays healthy I see 10 wins.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

It's a crapshoot and the the Bills have been rolling up duds for 17 years.

Given the recent history and the new regime, I am ok with whatever 2017 brings as long as future returns are bright.

I think this new regime is here for the long haul and let's hope this team becomes a major contender for years to come, with solid drafting, FOR ONCE.

No playoff pipe dream with our pass blocking if we play like we did vs the Vikes.

Injuries is gonna be a big deal cuz our depth is weak in so many spots besides the defensive line. Weakest at OT after they cut Kuandjio. The pass blocking is terrible this year. If Glenn is out for any extended time Tyrod and any other QB we put back there is toast. I think we could skate by on DBs with McDermotts scheme but, there is no way to fix our OT situation without bringing in more talent after league wide cuts

How in the world anyone can think our secondary is better is absolutely beyond me. The WR corps....sure. We went from horrendous to ok with many saying the rookie will lead in targets.

Something is wrong with Cordy Glenn. This is a big deal.

Yes....I soured on and did not want Gilmore back. But he was just paid by the best coach in football big money to be their 1A or B corner. And we have a rookie replacing him and a bunch of nobodies.

Our LBs are trash and will still be unable to cover RBs and TEs. The schedule puts us against every elite QB not named Aaron Rodgers.

We're going to allow 30 points a game. No way our O is keeping up. And I feel like it's by design. They want a top 5 pick. 4-12 gets you there. That's where I see us.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk