Jerry Hughes

YoloinOhio

There is zero proof that the current regime will repeat the mistakes of past regimes. They are unrelated. Assuming so is being negative for negatives sake.

Proof? Perhaps not but the first thing they did was pass on drafting a quarterback and grab another first round corner (this after letting one walk).

It might not prove much but it sure sounds familiar, no?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proof? Perhaps not but the first thing they did was pass on drafting a quarterback and grab another first round corner (this after letting one walk).

Possibly. But in doing so, they traded back and pickup up an extra first for next year (which is widely considered a better QB class at this point). A little different than trading up for a non QB, and giving up future assets to do so without a franchise QB in place.

Edited by SWATeam

Where is your lover/nephew Teeflebees? You guys on a timeout?

we've been toghether since 2008. that's nothing to scoff at in this day and age!

Ill take talent over value any day.

Sammy at $16 mil/yr with plenty of cap space over a complete unknown 2nd round pick.

i don't know if i'd take talent over production every day though.

this is honestly why we are having this discussion. sammy just wasn't productive enough when he was here, and i'm 100% willing to bet his numbers would be very similar this year had he stayed on the bills. i don't think his numbers will be even better with the rams. i kinda feel bad for him in the sense that he didn't go to a better qb situation.

Disagree.

If he stayed he would've had a BIG year.

ok. based on what? why would watkins have a big year? there's literally nothing to suggest that would happen.

why? still has question on his health, has the same qb, now has boldin and jones on the team which could take away targets. you're not the only person to say that, but it's just something you're pushing to complain more.

oddly enough, badol said watkins would have a "big" year too?

Edited by teef

ok. based on what? why would watkins have a big year?

This is what makes these discussions so frustrating.

The only thing everyone can accurately predict about this upcoming season is that no one can assuredly predict anything. Even the concept of "strength of schedule" is ridiculous because the team and circumstances which created last year's results are not the team and circumstances that will create this year's results.

Every team is one injury, one suspension, one accident, one baby or one death away from having their season altered.

There are some, however, who insist they know everything they need to know, if only to argue that they're right exclusively because you're wrong.

In the end, no one knows anything for certain, so worrying, bitching and whining about is a self-serving waste of time.

Edited by LABillzFan

This is what makes these discussions so frustrating.

The only thing everyone can accurately predict about this upcoming season is that no one can assuredly predict anything. Even the concept of "strength of schedule" is ridiculous because the team and circumstances which created last year's results are not the team and circumstances that will create this year's results.

Every team is one injury, one suspension, one accident, one baby or one death away from having their season altered.

There are some, however, who insist they know everything they need to know, if only to argue that they're right exclusively because you're wrong.

In the end, no one knows anything for certain, so worrying, bitching and whining about is a self-serving waste of time.

17 years, fam.

I'm sure LABillzfan would prefer playing Cleveland 16 times to New England 16 times, so there is obviously a preseason strength of schedule issue in EVERYONE'S skull, the rest is negotiating.

I have full confidence the MNF schedule the NFL hands to ESPN will be 95% total dogs not worth watching, while NBC gets to pick the game of the week on a Sunday. And Thursday games will mostly blow as well.

I think when a new regime comes in they should be judged by the merits of their own actions and not pay for the sins of previous ones. You can have two separate franchises who follow similar models and have two completely different results because of the execution of that model, so just because one regime's actions have similarities than previous ones does not automatically mean that they will be as lousy as the last.

which is better value for 2018 ??? Sammy at $16 mil/yr or the Ram's early 2nd round pick at $1.75 mil/yr

This will be apparent in 2018, 2019 and 2020 when we miss the playoffs because we don't have a true no. 1 WR. No way do we even sniff the playoffs this year.

I'm not sure many of the fans here even care about the "playing" part. Being a Bills fan has become all about the draft - it's just a twisted version fantasy football.

I agree. The draft has been the high point of most seasons for the past 17 years. When have you felt more hopeful?

• 2 weeks later...