I Feel Bad For Kyle Williams

H2o

By all accounts Kyle was on the fence this year about coming back. This is a lunch pail kinda guy who has been here in Buffalo for a lot of the worst that we have seen here over the last 17 years. He has been the epitome of a Buffalo Bills player and will one day have a spot on the wall. He is probably my favorite in the drought era. A 5th Round pick out of LSU who has outplayed his draft position since day one, all while sticking with the team who gave him a shot and embracing the city.

I wonder what was the selling point to get him to come back this year? Will he return next year or is this his last hoorah? Shady spoke his peace about the trade, but Kyle isn't a guy who has complained much in all of his time here. I know that he is likely disappointed to see the team going into a rebuild mode again in the twilight of his career.

I hope it is not Kyle's last season in a Bills uni, but one has to wonder. I would love nothing more than for this guy to taste some playoff success, especially in front of the home fans, before his time is up. I don't know if that will ever happen. One can hope for the best though. He deserves to be a part of that, but right now it looks as if it may never happen.

Edited by H2o

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Kyle Williams is one of my all-time favorites but he is 34 and going to make $8.3 million this year to play football. I am 35 and get up every day at 5:00 am to grind out 45-50 hours a week for far less. I love the guy but I don't feel bad for I'm at all, at all. It's a business and if players don't like it, I really don't care.

Kyle. Wood. Alexander. Tyrod. McCoy. I don't feel bad for any of them. But I do question if this type of move makes any of them question their motivation. None of these guys have many, if any, years left on the Bills. It must have appeared to them that they were gearing up to finally make something of a season. Departing with the young talent to acquire future draft picks has to be a blow to the motivation of the current and older players imo. The move knocked down many fans excitement for the season. I can only imagine what that does to the players

Making 6m+ a year playing the game he loves must be tough.

Not every player gets to win a Superbowl look at Cleveland' s Joe Thomas one of the best LT's and he never has,nor has he ever blocked for a true franchise QB or won anything other than a few trips to Honolulu (which is real tough to take)

I love Meatball and so do most if not all of our fellow Bills fans and I bet if you asked him if he could trade the fan love for being hated and making the playoffs once or twice I know what the answer would be.

Edited by JMF2006

Kyle Williams is one of my all-time favorites but he is 34 and going to make $8.3 million this year to play football. I am 35 and get up every day at 5:00 am to grind out 45-50 hours a week for far less. I love the guy but I don't feel bad for I'm at all, at all. It's a business and if players don't like it, I really don't care.

Boom.

No reason to feel bad. Team is improved vs. last year in my view. Getting rid of the inane Rex show and incomprehensible defense should be huge. Offense looks to me to be comparable to or better than last year when we put up plenty of points. The receivers were poor last year, and I think we have a group that can outperform what we had (if not outperform Sammy's "upside"). Added a piece to the O-line, and I think Logan Thomas will help over the middle. Offense stands to be at least as good, and I believe D will be much better. We will see!

No reason to feel bad. Team is improved vs. last year in my view. Getting rid of the inane Rex show and incomprehensible defense should be huge. Offense looks to me to be comparable to or better than last year when we put up plenty of points. The receivers were poor last year, and I think we have a group that can outperform what we had (if not outperform Sammy's "upside"). Added a piece to the O-line, and I think Logan Thomas will help over the middle. Offense stands to be at least as good, and I believe D will be much better. We will see!

Not to steal the thread from Kyle but...

Your reasoning that the offense has improved just doesn't make sense. A third string TE and a potential back up at RT doesn't improve anything, if you want to argue that the team has improved on offense, i could get on board but those two points don't have a place in the argument

I'm sure Kyle had opportunities to leave but he has like 3653 kids and he didn't want to relocate them. he chose to stay here, he knew what he was getting himself into and he made a lot of money along the way living for fairly cheap

By all accounts Kyle was on the fence this year about coming back. This is a lunch pail kinda guy who has been here in Buffalo for a lot of the worst that we have seen here over the last 17 years. He has been the epitome of a Buffalo Bills player and will one day have a spot on the wall. He is probably my favorite in the drought era. A 5th Round pick out of LSU who has outplayed his draft position since day one, all while sticking with the team who gave him a shot and embracing the city.

I wonder what was the selling point to get him to come back this year? Will he return next year or is this his last hoorah? Shady spoke his peace about the trade, but Kyle isn't a guy who has complained much in all of his time here. I know that he is likely disappointed to see the team going into a rebuild mode again in the twilight of his career.

I hope it is not Kyle's last season in a Bills uni, but one has to wonder. I would love nothing more than for this guy to taste some playoff success, especially in front of the home fans, before his time is up. I don't know if that will ever happen. One can hope for the best though. He deserves to be a part of that, but right now it looks as if it may never happen.

If he hates it so much he can retire and give us our money back

I dont he is a Millionaire multiple times over playing a game he loves

Yup - i get that theres a ton of wear and tear on the body but... he is a multi-millionaire. He is set for life. How can i feel bad?